Atlanta ratings

Cold isn't that bad, it's that it was both cold and wet. Not a very fun combo. It was still misting when they were doing pace laps.

I would rather have nice dry cold with snow as opposed to mist. I have to admit that I have attended more than one sporting event with my Carhart's and plenty of layers. Everybody in the stands looked like the Michelin Man.

Wait, the Atlanta race was the most watched raced that's not the Daytona 500 since 2011? But, I thought NASCAR was dying.

Why would you think Nascar is dying? New TV contracts in hand, the hope of a new car and the excitement of a new season. What the heck is the matter with you?????????

There is always one.
49ers_playoff002-900x648.jpg

And that was me many, many moons ago but not a chance now.

Not quite sure how that is, according to Jayski the 2015 Atlanta rating was down 4% vs. the 2013 Phoenix race that aired the same weekend.

Andy didn't post any links to his claim so it goes on one ear and out the other until his claim can be confirmed by a reputable source.

I would rather have nice dry cold with snow as opposed to mist. I have to admit that I have attended more than one sporting event with my Carhart's and plenty of layers. Everybody in the stands looked like the Michelin Man.

I would appreciate going to just one race where it was cool enough to wear a jacket, the stands at Phoenix will cook you very quickly

I would appreciate going to just one race where it was cool enough to wear a jacket, the stands at Phoenix will cook you very quickly

I know what you mean as the Southern 500 (Afternoon race) could be so muggy you needed a knife to cut the air

Andy didn't post any links to his claim so it goes on one ear and out the other until his claim can be confirmed by a reputable source.
Atlanta TV Ratings: NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Atlanta drew a 5.1 overnight rating on FOX Sunday afternoon, up 6% from the second race of last season (4.8) but down 4% from the second race in 2013 (5.3), both of which took place from Phoenix. Last year's Atlanta race, which aired on ESPN over Labor Day weekend, drew a 3.0 overnight. Overnights have now increased for all four NASCAR telecasts on FOX this season - the Sprint Unlimited, Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying, Daytona 500 and Sunday's race. Despite the increase, the 5.1 overnight is the fourth-lowest for the second Sprint Cup race of the season since FOX began airing NASCAR in 2001 - ahead of only last year, 2010 (5.0) and 2012 (also 5.0). After topping a 6.0 overnight in six straight seasons (2003-08), the season's second race has failed to reach 5.5 in the past seven (2009-15). NASCAR was the highest rated sporting event of the weekend in the metered markets, finishing well ahead of second-place NBA action on ABC (3.7 for Cavaliers/Rockets).(Sports Media Watch / showbuzzdaily.com)(3-4-2015

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

You're welcome.

I understand when people down south hunker down in snow or ice as they don't have the means to remove it and they sure as heck can't drive in it. However I don't understand staying away from something because the weather is a little cool. Over 100,000 hockey fans watched Detroit and Toronto play in the Big House a couple of years ago and the Bills, Bears and Packers fill the stands even if the temp is below zero.
The Packers fill the stands EVERY game

Atlanta TV Ratings: NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Atlanta drew a 5.1 overnight rating on FOX Sunday afternoon, up 6% from the second race of last season (4.8) but down 4% from the second race in 2013 (5.3), both of which took place from Phoenix. Last year's Atlanta race, which aired on ESPN over Labor Day weekend, drew a 3.0 overnight. Overnights have now increased for all four NASCAR telecasts on FOX this season - the Sprint Unlimited, Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying, Daytona 500 and Sunday's race. Despite the increase, the 5.1 overnight is the fourth-lowest for the second Sprint Cup race of the season since FOX began airing NASCAR in 2001 - ahead of only last year, 2010 (5.0) and 2012 (also 5.0). After topping a 6.0 overnight in six straight seasons (2003-08), the season's second race has failed to reach 5.5 in the past seven (2009-15). NASCAR was the highest rated sporting event of the weekend in the metered markets, finishing well ahead of second-place NBA action on ABC (3.7 for Cavaliers/Rockets).(Sports Media Watch / showbuzzdaily.com)(3-4-2015

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

You're welcome.

Thanks for the info. Anytime you can post a gain, even a small one, is a victory and hopefully the momentum will continue. I would like to think it is my influence seeing I didn't watch last year and have seem each green flag lap this year......:D

No, but it had been a pretty nice hiatus. I'm just afraid that once it starts we'll have 34 more weeks of the same old crap over and over again. I left out several more overs but you get what I'm saying.

Well that is what happens when idiocy is implemented.

Andy claims that all of the drivers are going for the win this year , but so far I'm only seeing one winner per race.Same as every other year , when they were supposedly not trying.

Andy claims that all of the drivers are going for the win this year , but so far I'm only seeing one winner per race.Same as every other year , when they were supposedly not trying.

Yeah I am still shaking my head over that one.

All of the chase elimination drivers drove their butt off at the Talladega race last October. Wheel to wheel barn burner for 188 laps. Thr most hotly contested race I have ever saw.

It was a testimony of Brians brilliance.

Well that is what happens when idiocy is implemented.

To the best of my knowledge this is an opinion board so different people will have different outlooks on many subjects. I have been quite clear that I would have liked to have seen Nascar work with the classic points system before going to the stick and ball formula currenty in vogue. That is my opinion. I believe the way that Nascar determines a champion is akin to a lottery and that is just my opinion. It doesn't mean I am right or wrong.

What is strange is that opinions like I have just expressed seem to be construed as bashing which I don't understand. Maybe I need to call Brian France and have him ship me up some Kool Aid that will make me a follower without comment or opinion.

All of the chase elimination drivers drove their butt off at the Talladega race last October. Wheel to wheel barn burner for 188 laps. Thr most hotly contested race I have ever saw.

It was a testimony of Brians brilliance.

Like you I have seen many hotly contested races pre chase and post chase. I think most drivers do the best they can given their talent and team and one driver may be giving it hell but still losing 3/10ths a lap to the leader.

Like you I have seen many hotly contested races pre chase and post chase. I think most drivers do the best they can given their talent and team and one driver may be giving it hell but still losing 3/10ths a lap to the leader.

Talladega October 2014 was pathetic thanks to elimination crap.
Drivers that thought they could get in on points, stroked and strategically stayed in the back. Logano with a win and secure was reduced to Brads desinated helper.

As horny as Nascar is for late cautions to regroup and give every driver a second chance it was an awful combination.

To the best of my knowledge this is an opinion board so different people will have different outlooks on many subjects. I have been quite clear that I would have liked to have seen Nascar work with the classic points system before going to the stick and ball formula currenty in vogue. That is my opinion. I believe the way that Nascar determines a champion is akin to a lottery and that is just my opinion. It doesn't mean I am right or wrong.

What is strange is that opinions like I have just expressed seem to be construed as bashing which I don't understand. Maybe I need to call Brian France and have him ship me up some Kool Aid that will make me a follower without comment or opinion.

You have a lot of cultist type personalities in here.

They'll try to lynch you for having a different opinion. Because you know, theirs is the only one and the true one. :rolleyes:

God save you if you say Danica cant drive. Good Ted will be looking for you with torch in hand calling you a mighty sexist.

Talladega October 2014 was pathetic thanks to elimination crap.
Drivers that thought they could get in on points, stroked and strategically stayed in the back. Logano with a win and secure was reduced to Brads desinated helper.

As horny as Nascar is for late cautions to regroup and give every driver a second chance it was an awful combination.

The Talladega Chase race is always awful. All the time. Every year.

You have a lot of cultist type personalities in here.

They'll try to lynch you for having a different opinion. Because you know, theirs is the only one and the true one. :rolleyes:

God save you if you say Danica cant drive. Good Ted will be looking for you with torch in hand calling you a mighty sexist.

What you have said is good to know and very helpful. I don't get why people don't stay away from conversations that irritate them or put people on ignore. Oh well what do I know.

I agree. A forum where everyone agrees would be boring.

This is also the only place I get to talk about NASCAR since I don't know anyone in real life who actually likes NASCAR. I need to move.

Same applies for me. All my friends think I'm wierd. lol

Cant blame them really since this sport is almost taboo around here. Everyone is so damn ignorant about NASCAR, particularly here.

Same applies for me. All my friends think I'm wierd. lol

Cant blame them really since this sport is almost taboo around here. Everyone is so damn ignorant about NASCAR in particular here.

Too busy talking about baseball and football? I hear you. For me here its hockey. I just cant get into hockey

Nope, havent been cooked in all my years in going to PIR, , with the races here being held in early March and Nov, this is when are weather is "chamber of commerce" weather .

Nope, havent been cooked in all my years in going to PIR, , with the races here being held in early March and Nov, this is when are weather is "chamber of commerce" weather .

we spend 3 or 4 days out there every race weekend, I work out in the sun every day but the reflection off the stands burns the crap outta me, even burned my eyes, like welder burn

despite chase success .........good ta see ole anti chase folks still hangin out in tha rear pew ! :D

despite chase success .........good ta see ole anti chase folks still hangin out in tha rear pew ! :D
Personally , I have no gripe with the chase and haven't seen any comments about it . I guess that since the championship lotto takes place at the tail end of the chase , it is technically part of the chase .

Back
Top Bottom