Austin Dillon's #3 Cup ride in 2014?

Look at this thread, man. Four ornery people (myself included) don't want to see the #3 out there, everybody else is bonkers happy over it. Dillion will get cheered and people will break out their ole #3 flags and will be generally happy. It's a train I can't stop so I'm living with it until it doesn't bother me anymore.
i'm not bonkers over it.but I know who was the best number 3 driver.

I don't give a crap what number he uses, they stick a mike in front of Childress and he talks three and all that nostalgia stuff, if it would help him get a sponsor I believe he would say just about anything. Same goes for the rest of the owners. If that gets some to break out the three flags and buy a t-shirt and a diecast so what, hot spit and move on. It sure a toast isn't going to make Dillon go any faster with a three on the side.

Just a reminder.....

Richard Childress Racing has scheduled an announcement for their 2014 plans on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 11 at the RCR facilites in Welcome, NC. It is expected that they will announce Austin Dillon's move to Sprint Cup and the return of the #3 Chevy.

Who knows if it's real but it's worth another look.

3cheerios-twitter.jpg

Pop Pop it blow'd up!

Hope to hear that 36 times next year, just sayin'

Just a reminder.....

Richard Childress Racing has scheduled an announcement for their 2014 plans on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 11 at the RCR facilites in Welcome, NC. It is expected that they will announce Austin Dillon's move to Sprint Cup and the return of the #3 Chevy.

Who knows if it's real but it's worth another look.

3cheerios-twitter.jpg
I hope they do better then that, that car is ugly.

Funny thing about those stripes is that you can't see them unless the car is coming at you or going away from you. White car with blue stripes was to indicate the country of the manufacturer.(The U.S.) As far as Austin running the number three, it doesn't make any difference to me at all. I just hope he realizes that by running that font and color of number, he will always be compared to big E. Those comparisons probably won't be favorable or fair, but he has to know it will happen. Possibly in the future he will compare favorably with big E, but right now I don't think there are any bigger shoes to try to fill.

The white slanted 3 on a black background is too in your face for me.

Why the Dillon hate? Just curious. Seems like a good enough guy to me. I haven't heard about him kicking anyone's dog or anything. Sure, he's a little hard to understand with that silver spoon in his mouth or maybe it's just the accent but he sure seems to backup his ticket in life with good finishes. Nothing really wrong with that IMO. Why do most of you have a problem with the guy? Is it the hat? :D

I like the looks of the car, and i hope kid does good in it.

There's only so many numbers under 100 .... 99 .... That teams can use. Over time numbers will be used again. It's the driver that makes the legend not the number.

Get over it.

Why the Dillon hate? Just curious. Seems like a good enough guy to me. I haven't heard about him kicking anyone's dog or anything. Sure, he's a little hard to understand with that silver spoon in his mouth or maybe it's just the accent but he sure seems to backup his ticket in life with good finishes. Nothing really wrong with that IMO. Why do most of you have a problem with the guy? Is it the hat? :D

I think some people see him as a spoiled rich kid that got fast-tracked into the big leagues because of his "PopPop". It may not be a "good" reason to dislike the guy, but it's good enough for nascar fans.

It's funny to me that all the things you said in your post could also be said about Jimmie Johnson except for the hat thing, and lots of people don't like him either, so....

It takes very little for nascar fans to turn on a driver. There really doesn't have to be a 'good' reason, does there?

There are fewer people booing Kyle these days, maybe Dillon can fill in. I don't have a problem with the kid running the #3; he earned a few points with me for his performance at Eldora. I don't care for his hat but it's better than body piercing.

I think some people are just so sour and hateful with their own sorry lot in life that to make themselves feel better they have to bash two easy targets like Austin and Danica just to make themselves feel superior to somebody, JMHO.

I think some people are just so sour and hateful with their own sorry lot in life that to make themselves feel better they have to bash two easy targets like Austin and Danica just to make themselves feel superior to somebody, JMHO.
nobody is bashing danica,even with all her money she can't drive a stock car. the truth hurts sometimes. Austin can.

Austin has 2 championships in 3 years, say what you want about a silver spoon but this kid can drive and he's earned his way to the big leagues IMO.

As far as the #3 goes, it's a merchandise/marketing deal and nothing more. RCR will make a ton of cash selling tshirts and such. I really don't care what number a driver uses, my alleigance's lie with the drivers and teams. The numbers are nothing more than another decal to me.

Austin has 2 championships in 3 years, say what you want about a silver spoon but this kid can drive and he's earned his way to the big leagues IMO.

As far as the #3 goes, it's a merchandise/marketing deal and nothing more. RCR will make a ton of cash selling tshirts and such. I really don't care what number a driver uses, my alleigance's lie with the drivers and teams. The numbers are nothing more than another decal to me.
is sport image still part of RCR.

[quote="BOWTIE GUY, post: 706892, member: 7389"]nobody is bashing danica,even with all her money she can't drive a stock car. the truth hurts sometimes. Austin can.[/quote]
If you believe that you must of been living under a cabbage leaf in never never land the last couple of years, read these 37 pages and get back to us.

http://racing-forums.com/threads/all-things-relating-to-danica.45657/

nobody is bashing danica,even with all her money she can't drive a stock car. the truth hurts sometimes. Austin can.

Same goes for KyBu but he sure takes his share of heat from jealous detractors.

I don't like it. Looks like a bad knockoff of Jimmie's paint scheme. The script Cheerios logo on the hood doesn't flow with the stripes, and that random black stripe/shape/whatever on the sides looks totally out of place. Bad scheme altogether, I think they could have done a lot better.

I have no problem at all with Dillon driving the #3 though.

I think some people see him as a spoiled rich kid that got fast-tracked into the big leagues because of his "PopPop". It may not be a "good" reason to dislike the guy, but it's good enough for nascar fans.

It's funny to me that all the things you said in your post could also be said about Jimmie Johnson except for the hat thing, and lots of people don't like him either, so....

It takes very little for nascar fans to turn on a driver. There really doesn't have to be a 'good' reason, does there?

Are you talking about Richard Petty or Austin?

Back
Top Bottom