Been seeing some great races; getting concerned about the 2015 changes

I still think the racing could be improved. Could just be my opinion but it seems like much of the action these days is caused by a late caution and most people base their ratings on the last 10% of races.

I like the change to less front-end downforce and a 25% smaller spoiler, although I wish they had gone a bit lower as the drivers loved at the Michigan test. There shouldn't be nearly as much loading on the tires next year so Goodyear should finally be able to bring something softer and the driver-controlled track bar should be interesting. I just don't like the idea of such a large HP reduction.

I really like the racing that I've been watching this season to date. Sure, there have been a few that stunk but for the most part the racing has been pretty good. I don't know how forward I am to seeing the changes for next year. Goodyear is currently running a tire test @ Fontana under next years rules package with a select few teams. Starting immediately after Homestead there will be no testing allowed other than these Goodyear tests. Could be a tough year ahead?
I got a feeling that these wheel gizmos on JJ's car at Homestead will help matters when it comes to testing
w6W7i4k.jpg

They ruined it at rockingham..track wasn't safe enough for them. Like they have all their tracks paved end to end with safer barriers.o_O then turned around and bought Iowa.
The problem at The Rock was indeed a lack of padding. Specifically, the grandstands didn't have enough butts installed.

Dustin Long @dustinlong
Carl Edwards (via Goodyear) tested possible 2016 rule changes: "This is what we need to be working on,, and I applaud #NASCAR."

Dustin Long @dustinlong
#NASCAR … Edwards (via Goodyear) on 2016 changes tried: "This is more like what the car felt like 10 years ago, and I like that."

Dustin Long @dustinlong
#NASCAR … Carl Edwards says in Charlotte Motor Speedway release about tire test that 2016 package they ran was "lower downforce."

Back
Top Bottom