Biffle to JTG Daugherty?

DUN24

Skeptical of the Spectacle
Wow. Happy for Buescher.

I'd read the first part but did not expect the update.

• Biffle ready for a change? UPDATE: After re-signing with RFR in 2014, Biffle hasn't sniffed the Chase for the Sprint Cup in the last two seasons. He thought 2016 might be the year. With a new crew chief in Brian Pattie, a lower-downforce aero package from the sanctioning body and a renewed effort at Roush, things appeared to line up for NASCAR's elder statesman. And now, he's 24th in the standings with just one top-five finish, at Loudon. So when Biffle said his most recent contract might be his last, it's understandable. "Well, if I talk to you Sunday after the race in here, maybe that will be some inspiration," Biffle said in the media center where the winner is interviewed following the race. "I want to be competitive in races and run in the top 10. That's my goal and my focus. If I'm not doing that, then I am probably going to do something different." Biffle has been rumored to be leaving Roush Fenway Racing at the end of the season. Although he owns the building that headquarters HScott Motorsports in North Carolina, Biffle said he has not discussed racing for Harry Scott after Clint Bowyer leaves in November. Biffle has heard the rumors that he'll end up and Front Row Motorsports - a technical partner - but given his loyalty to Roush over his career, that's unlikely to be something he'd consider. Still, it would take something more promising - and competitive - to pique his interest in continuing down the current path.(Motorsport)(10-15-2016)
    UPDATE: hearing Biffle will leave Roush Fenway Racing and go to a second team fielded by JTG Daugherty Racing. No word if the team would secure a charter.(10-22-2016)

From Jayski, obviously.

Curious if Ty Dillon to the 13 happens....Does this mean Buescher to the 16 or does Ryan Reed move up because he brings sponsorship?

Curious if Ty Dillon to the 13 happens....Does this mean Buescher to the 16 or does Ryan Reed move up because he brings sponsorship?

Buescher has championships and a year at FRM, I would hope he would nab the vacancy.

Happy for Biffle as well.

He's been so loyal, but the ship still needs to be reset for Roush. I think it's great for both Roush and JTG for Roush to move to their next generation of drivers. JTG for giving the old man a second chance at continuing his career.

It will be great for both sides IMHO.

Reed just signed on with the NXS car for at least two more years. Buescher would be great to see in the 16, but what sponsorship is there?

I think they just might shut down the 16 team.

Not enough sponsors to go round atm for Roush.

If Biffle does leave it would sure complete the cycle . Every great driver has deserted this once great company. Having so many unproven , unsponsored kids to choose from must be cold comfort.

I hate what has happened to Roush. Hate it.

It is the same thing that happened to Robert Yates as you lead, follow or get out of the way. From a competitive standpoint the writing has been on the wall for Roush for at least a few years as teams go away and are replaced by stronger ones.

It is the same thing that happened to Robert Yates as you lead, follow or get out of the way. From a competitive standpoint the writing has been on the wall for Roush for at least a few years as teams go away and are replaced by stronger ones.

Yeah, I know, but I love Jack Roush.....I know this is kind of non-fanboi.....and those who know the history of TRD would understand why, but I love the guy. He is a Ford man--through and through. Loyal. His hatred for Toyota is more about the passion for his brand as it should be. Respect. Can't understand why he can't find someone to save this thing. They are really bad, and I hate it.

With SHR switchin’ I wonder how much Ford is gonna have in Roush in the future.

It will help, it seemed like their restructure was working, but once again Roush did not keep up. They need a lot of help to be competitive again and honestly, I would love to see Roush up front again. I wonder if Jack's infamous micromanagement of everything has anything to do with it.

They need to win something, its been two years since they won a race. Winning cures all evils.

I think the sport has passed Roush by, he hasn't been able to keep up with the times like other team owners. I'd say RFR will be defunct by the end of the decade.

UPDATE: hearing Biffle will leave Roush Fenway Racing and go to a second team fielded by JTG Daugherty Racing. No word if the team would secure a charter.(10-22-2016)

I thought something might be up with Biffle but I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon.

I think the sport has passed Roush by, he hasn't been able to keep up with the times like other team owners. I'd say RFR will be defunct by the end of the decade.

All of the owners are getting up there and succession is the next hurdle . I think , like in other sports , Nascar team ownership will be held by corporations and we won't have these fun owner discussions .

I hate what has happened to Roush. Hate it.
I remember I had a long time of hating that team. always had a real dislike for Roush himself, always came across as arrogant or something to me, but it's hard to believe how far they've fallen.

It was sad to see Robert Yates Racing disappear, and it will be equally sad if Roush Racing disappears. Hopefully they do something to rebound.

It was sad to see Robert Yates Racing disappear, and it will be equally sad if Roush Racing disappears. Hopefully they do something to rebound.
Same thing with Junior Johnson's team a decade earlier. They were still a dominant team in the early 90's, but by the middle of that decade they were fielding cars for Brett Bodine and Elton Sawyer.

Damn I didn't expect this thread to be so sad haha.

I don't think Roush is going anywhere... I hope I'm right.

Roush was in trouble since they botched the change to the COT.
I don't know, I mean Carl tied for the championship in 2011 in the COT and Kenseth led the points for much of the 2012 regular season in the COT.

I think Matt and Carl jumping ship to JGR were two big nails in the coffin. RFR has been absolute garbage since they left.

I don't know, I mean Carl tied for the championship in 2011 in the COT and Kenseth led the points for much of the 2012 regular season in the COT.

I think Matt and Carl jumping ship to JGR were two big nails in the coffin. RFR has been absolute garbage since they left.
Yeah, Carl also won 9 times in 08 with the COT.

I want to say I am surprised by this, but I am not.

Yeah, I know, but I love Jack Roush.....I know this is kind of non-fanboi.....and those who know the history of TRD would understand why, but I love the guy. He is a Ford man--through and through. Loyal. His hatred for Toyota is more about the passion for his brand as it should be. Respect. Can't understand why he can't find someone to save this thing. They are really bad, and I hate it.

It is sad but probably the only way RFR gets better is for Jack to take on emeritus status and leave the organization to people more in touch with what is needed today. At this point I don't see people lining up for charters so things at RFR will likely remain status quo.

It is sad but probably the only way RFR gets better is for Jack to take on emeritus status and leave the organization to people more in touch with what is needed today. At this point I don't see people lining up for charters so things at RFR will likely remain status quo.

I thought that they had hired a ton of new engineers, etc. Maybe they should lure Dr. Eric Warren from RCR because he has done oh so much for them....but it sounds cool to say Dr. Eric Warren in NASCAR circles.

I thought that they had hired a ton of new engineers, etc. Maybe they should lure Dr. Eric Warren from RCR because he has done oh so much for them....but it sounds cool to say Dr. Eric Warren in NASCAR circles.

I am afraid it is time to summon the ghost of Dr Jack Kevorkian to the RFR garage and have him do his thing. We may have lost RYR and RFR is on life support competitively but we have a thriving FRR and SHR in place of them.

Every time I read the title of this thread I yawn. Not sure why I felt the need to say that it's just that the 'Biff' quit moving the needle some time ago.

Every time I read the title of this thread I yawn. Not sure why I felt the need to say that it's just that the 'Biff' quit moving the needle some time ago.
Still the end of an era though , and the effect (good or bad ) is still to be determined .

IMO you got that wrong. Roush has gone into a tail spin ever since they took on the partner and they run the business while Jack runs the cars. The front office is about taking the profit, leaving Jack with no funds for improvement.
Yates followed Junior Johnson. Both were successful put decided to quit rather than put up with the farce called Nascar. I'll bet both men are pleased with their decision today.

Back
Top Bottom