Biffle to JTG Daugherty?

I am afraid it is time to summon the ghost of Dr Jack Kevorkian to the RFR garage and have him do his thing. We may have lost RYR and RFR is on life support competitively but we have a thriving FRR and SHR in place of them.
It's a little early to call SHR a thriving Ford operation.

blah blah blah so sick of hearing people say it's Jack....he ha's been extremely successful in his racing career. It's not jack it's $$$$$$ They do not have the $$$ to compete. it's not like Jacks micromanagement has changed from before. But what has changed is the sport and they do not have the sponsor money to have the people/equipment.

Every time I read the title of this thread I yawn. Not sure why I felt the need to say that it's just that the 'Biff' quit moving the needle some time ago.

Greg is no Mark Martin and from a competitive standpoint should be put out to pasture but as long as someone is offering him 7 figures and he is happy he might as well continue.

IMO you got that wrong. Roush has gone into a tail spin ever since they took on the partner and they run the business while Jack runs the cars. The front office is about taking the profit, leaving Jack with no funds for improvement.
Yates followed Junior Johnson. Both were successful put decided to quit rather than put up with the farce called Nascar. I'll bet both men are pleased with their decision today.

Roush has seemed a step behind for sometime and just as they are figuring something out the car changes and they have to start all over again. If I was Jack I would get whatever get whatever equity I could from the sale of RFR assets and move on to something else.

It's a little early to call SHR a thriving Ford operation.

I meant as an organization to date as IDK how aligning with Ford will change things however I suspect it will be fairly similar. Harvick will be good and win races, Kurt will win a race or 2 and stuggle, Clint will get some top 5's and make the lottery but struggle to win and Danica will be similar to how she has been for the past 3 years.

Yeah, but a Cup title to go with his Truck and Busch championships would have sewn up entry into the HOF.

At the rate they are putting people in the HOF the France family domestic servants will be enshrined before I push up daisies. Biffle should be an easy first ballot selection.

Roush has seemed a step behind for sometime and just as they are figuring something out the car changes and they have to start all over again. If I was Jack I would get whatever get whatever equity I could from the sale of RFR assets and move on to something else.
Jack already sold 1/2 his team and got back his investment.
RCR sold part of his team also but kept control.

So if this is legit...is this a case of Biffle moving on his own or is it a case of RFR encouraging Biffle to find other opportunities? It's clear they can't keep sponsors for him.

Greg is no Mark Martin and from a competitive standpoint should be put out to pasture

That may be true, but I don't know how we know that, given how poor the Roush equipment and resources are. I don't think we have a good feel for what any of the current Roush drivers are actually capable of, but I suspect that none of them are much worse or better than the pretty large contingent of mid-pack talent in the Cup series. Some of them drive for top teams and have good support behind them, some of them drive for organizations even less capable than Roush.

I have a soft spot for Biffle because I think he did get screwed over by being loyal. It would be nice to see him get a chance in a better ride, but I doubt that a second JTG Daugherty car is that. He'd have more success and more fun if he went the Elliott Sadler route and went for another Xfinity or Trucks championship.

When FRR was getting their equipment from RCR Kurt and truex ran pretty well, maybe with some extra support biffle can too

That may be true, but I don't know how we know that, given how poor the Roush equipment and resources are. I don't think we have a good feel for what any of the current Roush drivers are actually capable of, but I suspect that none of them are much worse or better than the pretty large contingent of mid-pack talent in the Cup series. Some of them drive for top teams and have good support behind them, some of them drive for organizations even less capable than Roush.

I have a soft spot for Biffle because I think he did get screwed over by being loyal. It would be nice to see him get a chance in a better ride, but I doubt that a second JTG Daugherty car is that. He'd have more success and more fun if he went the Elliott Sadler route and went for another Xfinity or Trucks championship.

To be sure I think Biffle would get some top 5's and 10's in the 10 car.

Back
Top Bottom