Blocking

You're are talking about one instance of blocking in a race where there were probably a thousand instances of blocking . Stuff happens .

That "instance" was my example of blocking going too far, wrecking most of the field tells me that the block went wrong YMMV

How racing is done...

No blocking, no shenanigans, just pure racing. Beat me straight up..if you can.

Newman's not a blocker, he doesn't jump lanes to break another driver's momentum. he runs his lane and doesn't ease up for another car to go around him, and that is not blocking. Newman races hard every lap and if your car is faster go around, he's just not gonna slow down and let you go, he's gonna race you, and if you get by, good for you. and the reason Sr didn't have a problem with it was, because he did it, did it a lot up, until the day he lost his life.

The Neck can't turn his head, he doesn't even know there is another lane unless he finds himself in it. When he gets passed he thinks they flew over him and can't figure out how to make his car fly (without getting caught) so he just hopes the car in front of him will move out of the way. :lol2:

How racing is done...

No blocking, no shenanigans, just pure racing. Beat me straight up..if you can.

That one is BS. JJ blocked the hell outta Gordon for 10 laps. But that's racing. Gordon should have been more aggressive earlier than the final turn.

That one is BS. JJ blocked the hell outta Gordon for 10 laps. But that's racing. Gordon should have been more aggressive earlier than the final turn.

Well he was racing in his lane. That's not really blocking if you're in your lane of choice.

Gordon got a few runs on JJ and he let him have it. Gordon couldn't complete the pass without wrecking him. Both raced each other cleanly.

The Neck can't turn his head, he doesn't even know there is another lane unless he finds himself in it. When he gets passed he thinks they flew over him and can't figure out how to make his car fly (without getting caught) so he just hopes the car in front of him will move out of the way. :lol2:
i'm guessing you're not a fan of Newman's.

Alright alright relax there Sparticus.. It was a joke.. you know.... one of those "Ha Ha" things

a

There's an a in spartacus.

You watch that show? I started rewatching that show a few days ago. Awesome.

So ...when did Dale Sr . ever settle for second place in a race because the money was ok. Racers race .
At Daytona in 2001 he was willing to settle for 3rd place. BLOCKING for his 2 DEI cars that were going to finish 1 & 2, all the while envisioning the $ 2+ million he was going to win that day...The rest of the story is history...

This week it's blocking. Last week it was tires. Flared skirts before that. Any predictions on next week? I'm guessing winless Champions will be the hot topic.

This week it's blocking. Last week it was tires. Flared skirts before that. Any predictions on next week? I'm guessing winless Champions will be the hot topic.

Hopefully Martinsville will provide us with stuff to talk about for a month

Like I said last month, I would go if it was. As it is, there's a big risk the drivers will race real cautious and not piss anyone off for the later races.
I think that you're wrong. Martinsville has always been a great race. They have more reason than ever to go for a victory next week. I'll see you back there in 2015 when you realize it was a mistake to have missed the race this year. ;)

Side note. I'll drink enough beer for the both of us so no need to worry about that.

No its after Dega, thats when all the anti-plate people start making noise.

I think that you're wrong. Martinsville has always been a great race. They have more reason than ever to go for a victory next week. I'll see you back there in 2015 when you realize it was a mistake to have missed the race this year. ;)

Side note. I'll drink enough beer for the both of us so no need to worry about that.

I hope I am wrong. Until my daughter is driving, it's just too much hassle to go for less than a great show. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom