Bodies at Talladega campground

Talladega Campgrounds have claimed a few lives in recent years for various reasons. That curse is real ya'll

My guess is a drug overdose (heroin?). Carbon monoxide poisoning from a campground trailer just seems unlikely to me.

I read an article that said carbon monoxide poisoning was not the cause of death and that it didn't look like there was foul play involved. The ages were 19 and 48.

My guess will be carbon monoxide poisoning.
This would have been my guess as well. Happens far too often that someone brings in some kind of heat source not meant to be used indoors.

Sometimes generator related too. Shortly after purchasing our last RV we fired up the on-board generator only to have it set off the CO2 alarm a short time later. Found it not to be vented properly. Had it repaired before ever using it again. Now we have three separate CO2 detectors installed in our RV.

Authorities have identified the two men found dead Sunday in a Talladega Superspeedway campground.

According to WCTV.tv in Jacksonville, Florida, the deceased were identified by the Talladega County Coroner’s Office as Joshua Douin, 19, of Crawfordville, Florida, and Mike Cook, 48, of Tallahassee, Florida.

Douin’s and Cook’s deaths are the fourth and fifth in and around the superspeedway since 2013.

On May 4, 2013, 28-year-old Nicholas Bower, of Villa Rica, Georgia, disappeared from a track campground and was found 10 days later in a creek 1.5 miles from the track. His death was ruled an accidental drowning.

In October 2013, 46-year-old Craig Franklin Morgan, of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, died and his wife, Jami Allison Morgan, was injured from a carbon monoxide leak in their motorhome, parked at the track.

On October 18, 2014, reportedly after an argument, Theresa Benn Dulaney was allegedly dropped off by her husband at the racetrack early on race day morning and disappeared. Her body was found just over a month later in a nearby creek.

In December 2014, investigators determined that the manner of Benn Dulaney’s death was a homicide, but have not announced the cause of death.

Her still unsolved death was featured on Nov. 25, 2015 on CrimeWatchDaily.com.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/05...nd-are-identified/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Back
Top Bottom