Bonehead of the week: Indy/Eldora

MRM

Team Owner
Some interesting selections for this week's Bonehead award. For me, it's close between Jamie McMurray for that bad move late in the race and NASCAR (or whoever) made the decision at Eldora to put down speedy drive on a dirt track to soak up oil. They didn't have jet dryers there, so the speedy dry just sit there and kicked all across the track, in the groove.

Tony Stewart for speeding on pit road
There were four of five of those - Johnson, Hamlin, others.

I assume we're taking for granted even running at this place, so I'll go with the set-up on Carl's car that made him so lousy on new tires and restarts.

Bayne
Edwards and this is not the first time he has tried to win a race with a car that couldn't.
NASCAR for thinking this race is important to anyone other than George.

Trevor Bayne for blocking himself into the inside wall.
While i do see what you're saying,I can't fault a driver for a move like that with a lap and a half to go. I would make it tough to pass too.

While i do see what you're saying,I can't fault a driver for a move like that with a lap and a half to go. I would make it tough to pass too.
But why take yourself out and get a worse finish.???????

Toss up between Crash Em Up McMurray, Trevor "Livin' On Daytona 500" Bayne, and Brian France for continuing to have a race at this track.

My bad, why would I ever think that favors and money are always above board.:sarcasm:
Sorry, didn't make my point clear. They don't have to go under the table when they can do it all legally anyway, accompanied by smiles, hand shakes, and press releases.

I can see NASCAR going there for a few years but the racing is so bad now that it is nothing more than a PR move. I can see Indy benefiting but why is Nascar continuing to put on such a dreadful race. Moving Xfinity to the track is also another move that degrades Nascar and only puts a little money in Indy's pockets.

NASCAR for continuing to promote the Brickyard 400 race as being as big and prestigious a deal for the rest of the auto racing world as the Indy 500 is, simply because the NASCAR race is held at the same track. All it took was one look at the crowd today to realize that they “ain’t pullin it off".

How about all the oil dry at the start finish line because the safety truck sat there through the red flag with the ac on.

Back
Top Bottom