Bonehead of the Week: Watkins Glen

MRM

Team Owner
Several good candidates this week. For respect out of everyone involved, please do not even mention Stewart or the kid that was killed. This is for all action that took place at Watkins Glen only.

In Nationwide, we have Trevor Bayne who managed to hit 3 cars, I think all on the same lap (I didn't see that race). In Cup, we have Kyle Busch for running off the track several times on the same lap, then body slamming Martin Truex Jr. to end his day. There's Harvick's crew for leaving a bag of bean bags in his car. Marcos Ambrose for stalling his car on the final pit stop and maybe causing him the race. And there's Greg Biffle for running off the track to be tagged by Ryan Newman and starting the big crash.

As far as watkins glen... T Bayne.

Wait,,, Kyle Busch. What an idiot.

Yeah, Kyle Busch for sure. Had a decent car and just had a meltdown cause of a stupid penalty by his pit crew.

I wish there was someone to blame for 24's problems, but that seemed like a freak thing.

Kyle busch. He will never win a championship because he cant control his emotions in the race car.

Kyle busch. He will never win a championship because he cant control his emotions in the race car.
That, and the fact that he has to run almost every race in the Nationwide/Truck series every year, he wants to be a champion in the Cup Series, he needs to make that his sole focus , IMO

The track's barrier designers... for the umpteenth time. Every year that we go without incident like this
or this

in the esses amazes me. The rest of the track is horrible for safety as well. It's rural New York for Pete's sake, you have plenty of room to add runoff areas.

Got to go with Kyle he cost me big time in the Yahoo Fantasy league.

The track's barrier designers... for the umpteenth time. Every year that we go without incident like this
or this

in the esses amazes me. The rest of the track is horrible for safety as well. It's rural New York for Pete's sake, you have plenty of room to add runoff areas.

I just realized how dangerous the tunnel is right there. In the first clip Johnny O'Connell had to jump over out of danger, but first had to walk a ways away from the tunnel, and in the second clip if that crash was 150 ft earlier in the esses, that car would have landed down at the bottom of that tunnel... They definitely need more run off through there but they obviously would also have to do something with the tunnel.

I think the beanbags has to rank right up there. I think if I was working on Harvick's car, of all people, I'd check and re-check my checklists before a race.

Bean bag by far. The Harvick crew almost wrecked their driver this week and he is lucky he didn't get hurt. Kenseth just missed him. I don't think I have ever heard of that happening before. Missing a lug or two , yeah, leaving something hanging on the car, but a floorboard full of weight bags is a new one on me.. Could have been even worse if the bag would have hung up around the gas pedal.

Honorable mention to Reed Sorenson and especially Alex Kennedy for whatever that dust-up was after Hamlin's spin caused a yellow.

Back
Top Bottom