Bonehead of the year 2013

C

Captain Coyfish

Should say it all

Before I make my pick I wanna hear what you guys say.

1. MWR
2. NASCAR (Make rules and stick to them. Standard penalties for infractions. Phantom debris. ect.)

I'd say the MWR fiasco, but not the race incident.

The damage control that Mikey and Clint did in the media in the days and weeks after. Probably did more to hurt their cause than help it.
Whoever thought it was a good idea to have Bowyer spend all day live on SportsCenter saying "I'm sorry, but I don't know what for" goofed...badly.

Fox and their cable incident.

DIS - Fans being injured @ Daytona by a less than adequate fence or smarter seating distribution.

Never been to Daytona or Dega but if I ever go to a race there I'd damn sure sit higher than a tire could fly.

Lower tower seats for me.

Matt Kenseth for blaming a Nationwide race for losing the cup
opoiiop.jpg

Toyota cup engines grenaded over 30 times this year during races. All these failures resulted in DNFs
Chevrolet and ford had about a dozen failures each.

Toyota may find it impossible to win the cup with a 3 to 1 failure rate of engines.

In 2012 Kyle Busch failed to finish 3 races in a row due to engine failures.

Toyota cup engines grenaded over 30 times this year during races. All these failures resulted in DNFs
Chevrolet and ford had about a dozen failures each.

Toyota may find it impossible to win the cup with a 3 to 1 failure rate of engines.

In 2012 Kyle Busch failed to finish 3 races in a row due to engine failures.

You should run KyBu's Twitter account - no one would ever know that it wasn't him doing the actual tweeting :cheers:

I'll bite.

NASCAR for blocking a deal that would've allowed the new television deal to go in to effect in 2014. NASCAR desperately needs Chase races on broadcast.

Kyle Busch - another year of missed opportunities on the Cup side because he's wants to win minor league races more than he wants a Cup championship.

I'll bite.

NASCAR for blocking a deal that would've allowed the new television deal to go in to effect in 2014. NASCAR desperately needs Chase races on broadcast.

Kyle Busch - another year of missed opportunities on the Cup side because he's wants to win minor league races more than he wants a Cup championship.

Any proof that running Nationwide races did anything but improve Kyles Cup season ???

Any proof that running Nationwide races did anything but improve Kyles Cup season ???

Jimmie Johnson is enough proof of that. Unless Kyle Busch doesn't have anywhere near the kind of talent Jimmie has.

Running Nationwide and Trucks doesn't help on the Cup side anymore and everyone has said that. The cars are so different that you can't take notes from the Nationwide and Truck races in to the Cup race anymore. And the hours he spends away from his championship-contending Cup team preparing for minor league wins add up. Then he wonders why he and his crew are often not on the same page on race day.

Jimmie Johnson is enough proof of that. Unless Kyle Busch doesn't have anywhere near the kind of talent Jimmie has.

Running Nationwide and Trucks doesn't help on the Cup side anymore and everyone has said that. The cars are so different that you can't take notes from the Nationwide and Truck races in to the Cup race anymore. And the hours he spends away from his championship-contending Cup team preparing for minor league wins add up. Then he wonders why he and his crew are often not on the same page on race day.

Why does Gibbs allow it then ? Saturday night "tire tests" have to be worth something. And I dont buy that a driver of Kyles caliber cant handle all the series, hell he won all 3 at Bristol on the same weekend.

Why does Gibbs allow it then ? Saturday night "tire tests" have to be worth something. And I dont buy that a driver of Kyles caliber cant handle all the series, hell he won all 3 at Bristol on the same weekend.

When a driver like Matt Kenseth says running in the Nationwide Series has no benefit on the Cup side, I tend to believe him. If it was such a benefit to Kyle Busch, why is Jimmie Johnson, who never runs Nationwide, winning championships left and right?

There's no benefit. It's just an easy payday for Kyle and JGR.

When a driver like Matt Kenseth says running in the Nationwide Series has no benefit on the Cup side, I tend to believe him. If it was such a benefit to Kyle Busch, why is Jimmie Johnson, who never runs Nationwide, winning championships left and right?

There's no benefit. It's just an easy payday for Kyle and JGR.

I dont know, Matt seems to have a tough time driving the Nationwide cars. Some drivers can drive em and some cant.

It obviously doesn't hurt, either.

I think some drivers benefit from running the NNS and some don't. On the other hand though, I think it tends to wear a driver down quicker in the season. IMO Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch seem to really benefit from it. Carl hasn't been the same to me since he stopped running it.

What Kyle doesn't have, that Jimmie does...is Chad.

It obviously doesn't hurt, either.

I think it does. All the time Kyle spends in Nationwide and Trucks, which is far more than anyone else, is time spent away from the Cup car and team. It's very common for Kyle's team not to be on the same page he is and I suspect that's because Kyle's off running another race.

Once a driver makes the Chase, they should step aside from running Nationwide and Trucks and focus on the Cup cars. It takes 100% to compete in the Chase. I don't think Kyle gets 100% by running the minors.

The whole RIR incident. From MWR's attempt at shaving points, to NASCAR's mishandling of the whole thing, one long time (and I mean loooong time - me) fan hasn't watched a single race since.

Back
Top Bottom