Bubba Wallace Jr. to Roush Fenway Racing?

Very interesting. Hope he isn't shooting himself in the foot here..

Very interesting. Hope he isn't shooting himself in the foot here..
His career at JGR is stagnating anyways. They have a full Cup stable and outside of Kenseth, their drivers have a good number of years left in them. Suarez and Jones are getting the Xfinity drives and Suarez has backing from freaking Carlos Slim. It's probably worth taking a chance.

Sponsorship will always be an issue if he's on a 2/3 car team. Even with a team with loads of cash like JRM/Hendrick its difficult. I would love to see Bubba get a full time ride, I love the guy.

Couldn't blame Bubba one bit if he makes this move. Too many people with too few seats at JGR/KBM.

One year ago there were no plans to run Chase Elliot full time. Look what happened. When the money comes along Bubba will have a seat. Not having a plan today does not mean there won't be one tomorrow.

As a Toyota guy and a huge Bubba fan, this is crushing.....but I understand it. He deserves to be in a full time Xfinity ride.

I guess Bubba was asking the same question I was when JGR decided to put Suarez in the XNS ride instead of him.

Reactions: Pat
Would be huge for Roush because Bubba would be a fantastic prospect for them in need a of more viable talent. Chris Buscher and Bubba Wallace would be quite refreshing to see for Roush. Also, his Coke backing would help as well for Roush that has been losing out on some sponsorship.

Get him in Xfinity and get this done Jack. It would have be a fourth car because Elliott Sadler signed for the #6 next year, but it will be worth it.

this after so many people were ready to read the cat in the hat's last rites...

Good for bubba, good for Roush. Roush actually cares about developing young talent unlike certain other teams

Update:

Joe Gibbs Racing confirmed Monday morning that it has released Darrell Wallace Jr. from his contract, as Wallace requested, so he can drive elsewhere.

The 21-year-old Wallace is coming off a career-best four-win year in the Camping World Truck Series that saw him place third in the points. Wallace also ran two Nationwide races for Joe Gibbs Racing.

After winning last month’s Truck season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Wallace said he was unsure where he would race. JGR was unable to secure sponsorship for him in the Xfinity Series for this coming season.

“I wish things were finalized,’’ Wallace said after his Homestead win. “We're continuing to work hard to find out future plans for me.

“In this day and age, it's so hard to get the right sponsorship and to get full‑time stuff. Racers, we just want to race, no matter what it is, if it's boxcars or in the Sprint Cup Series. We want to race, and I'll take what I can get.’’

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...-Wallace-Jr-Asking-To-Be-Released-By-JGR.aspx

Pretty sad that such a talent has sponsorship woes.

Glad he got out of Gibbs. They're not exactly known for treating their Kyle Busch series drivers good. Look what happened to Almirola. I don't think Roush is as competitive as Gibbs but at least the expectations won't be as high. Hopefully their performance will improve with Bubba's help.

Would be huge for Roush because Bubba would be a fantastic prospect for them in need a of more viable talent. Chris Buscher and Bubba Wallace would be quite refreshing to see for Roush. Also, his Coke backing would help as well for Roush that has been losing out on some sponsorship.

Get him in Xfinity and get this done Jack. It would have be a fourth car because Elliott Sadler signed for the #6 next year, but it will be worth it.
I guess the Coke sponsorship never materialized. But Sadler and Reed are both fully funded and Jack runs a couple of drivers out of his own pocket as he did with Stenhouse and Bayne for so long so it should work out.

WOW! Very unexpected I must say. Gibbs steals talent from Roush, and Roush steals talent from Gibbs.

Hope it works out.

I guess the Coke sponsorship never materialized. But Sadler and Reed are both fully funded and Jack runs a couple of drivers out of his own pocket as he did with Stenhouse and Bayne for so long so it should work out.

It was on his website, but who knows how often it's updated. I like the youth infusion after Biffle leaves Roush though. Give credit to Gibbs for at least getting the guy on people's radar and for Kyle helping him as well.

It was on his website, but who knows how often it's updated. I like the youth infusion after Biffle leaves Roush though. Give credit to Gibbs for at least getting the guy on people's radar and for Kyle helping him as well.

this puts Ricky on notice, I would think. Improve or you may be replaced.

They have a full Cup stable and outside of Kenseth, their drivers have a good number of years left in them.
Hey, what's that crack supposed to mean??? :mad::angry::dual9mm::owquitit::moon::windows::blink::eviltongu:bigfight::youliketh:boxing::tomato:

(That's a personal record for the most emoticons in a single post. :p)

Seriously, I agree there wasn't room for Bubba at JGR. I don't know if Roush is going to be a good fit, but we'll see.

Glad he got out of Gibbs. They're not exactly known for treating their Kyle Busch series drivers good. Look what happened to Almirola. I don't think Roush is as competitive as Gibbs but at least the expectations won't be as high. Hopefully their performance will improve with Bubba's help.

That's because their Sprint Cup driver don't leave.

That's because their Sprint Cup driver don't leave.

Honestly Revman, Coach has too many horses in the stable. This is why we don't want to see any cuppers at lower levels because things like this happen when a logjam occurs with so much talent and only so many seats. I like the stability, but sometimes its necessary to shake things up. Sam Hornish IMO should be in that #54 more often last year than not or maybe someone else for KBM. Gibbs should and Penske is guilty as well with it for trying to bank everything they can. Sponsors like to see those veteran cuppers race, but I really think it's necessary for sponsors to gamble on young talent. No gambles, no driver development creates issues for the future.

Honestly, a lot of teams are guilty if not all of them. If we want Trucks and Xfinity to be feeder series, it will have to change for all teams to give these young men and women an actual chance. Broken record yes, but we see so many already being stuck knowing damn well they have talent. This is why I like the idea of driver owned teams at lower levels because these guys are good at scouting talent. Jr, KyBu, BK, and others should be applauded, but at the same time let the youngsters have their shine. Then there are the veterans of the series... Thats another story.

I think you have to have a sprinkling of cup drivers for the new kids to judge themselves by.
How else can they compare what they are doing to where they want to be.

Sorry I had to edit this a bit because it was just my opinion.

I think you have to have a sprinkling of cup drivers for the new kids to judge themselves by.
How else can they compare what they are doing to where they want to be.

Sorry I had to edit this a bit because it was just my opinion.

The sprinkling will also draw the crowds and the TV cameras . Then , we get to watch great racing without having to go to the track.

The sprinkling will also draw the crowds and the TV cameras . Then , we get to watch great racing without having to go to the track.

This Canadian doesn't get to the tracks anymore. Takes me 8 hours to get to the border.
Only takes a couple minutes to set the TV up. :bounce:

It payed off for Target this year.

The rookie class this year was pretty good IMO. Dillon, Allgaier, Whitt, Bowman, Annett and sadly that Klingerman was ousted from Swann Racing at the time. All were impressive to an extent, its just sad that sponsors won't leap on faith.

The rookie class this year was pretty good IMO. Dillon, Allgaier, Whitt, Bowman, Annett and sadly that Klingerman was ousted from Swann Racing at the time. All were impressive to an extent, its just sad that sponsors won't leap on faith.
Having been in business I can tell you that some advertising is just not worth what it costs. Your whole business gets eaten up just to pay the advertising bill. Not many companies service or products are geared to Nascar and those that are can't afford 20-30 million for one billboard.

Having been in business I can tell you that some advertising is just not worth what it costs. Your whole business gets eaten up just to pay the advertising bill. Not many companies service or products are geared to Nascar and those that are can't afford 20-30 million for one billboard.

Maybe there should be a charity where folks on the board here could kick in $20M - $30M each to get behind a young driver . This would showcase his talent and maybe attract a corporate sponsor . Anyone up for that ? ....Anybody?....Anybody ?

RFR hasn't done too many things right over the past few years, but this is a fantastic move if they can find a ride for him.

I could easily see him replacing Stenhouse or Bayne in the future. I definitely think he'll be a Cup driver for someone down the road.

Maybe there should be a charity where folks on the board here could kick in $20M - $30M each to get behind a young driver . This would showcase his talent and maybe attract a corporate sponsor . Anyone up for that ? ....Anybody?....Anybody ?
I think that was done for a driver with that coin thing. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom