Bubba Wallace Jr. to Roush Fenway Racing?

RFR hasn't done too many things right over the past few years, but this is a fantastic move if they can find a ride for him.

I could easily see him replacing Stenhouse or Bayne in the future. I definitely think he'll be a Cup driver for someone down the road.

Jack made a decision to pull his profit from Nascar by selling 1/2 his team. It's been all down hill since then. Sadly

The rookie class this year was pretty good IMO. Dillon, Allgaier, Whitt, Bowman, Annett and sadly that Klingerman was ousted from Swann Racing at the time. All were impressive to an extent, its just sad that sponsors won't leap on faith.
Allgaier was a great fantasy pick, cheap and reliable.

537145_10200247061877639_101606755_n.jpg
According to Jim Utter, he's asked out of his JGR contract as they've failed to find 2015 sponsorship for him so far and his most likely destination is RFR. This would be a huge coup for that organization.

http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2014/12/darrell-wallace-jr-asks-for-release.html
Great. I hope this works out for him. @BlazingSadler and I met him at Rockingham last year. Really nice guy.

we all look drunk..LMAO
except for Bubba...where were our hands? :)

Reactions: Lin
which chin?? hahaha....;) yes....a few nice looking lads there i do recall

That's it, remind me one more time about The Rock.
[sniffles into keyboard]
I know... I wish they'd at least bring the truck races back. We all went to both and got to run around the garage area meeting all the drivers and other "insiders." We had fun at a couple of the Polar Bear races there on New Year's Day (2009 and 2010) too.

Good-bye Bubba. Hardly knew ya.

I wonder if RFR will use Elliot as the test car like JGR and RCR did??
tape_zps39b1d33c.gif

Glad to have him with the Blue Oval. Hope him the best this season.

Question, will Bubba fail because he is in a Roush car or will Roush fail because they only have Sadler and Bubba?

Roush? Well...I wish him luck. He did what he had to do to get a full time ride.

There's some good news here, and that's that we'll hopefully get to see him outrun Sadler on a weekly basis :XXROFL:

RFR hasn't done too many things right over the past few years, but this is a fantastic move if they can find a ride for him.

I could easily see him replacing Stenhouse or Bayne in the future. I definitely think he'll be a Cup driver for someone down the road.

I haven't followed the lower tiers of Nascar for years so I had not heard of Bubba until today. Hopefully he will be what RFR needs as they have lost a lot in the last few years. Having to cut down from 5 teams to 4 and then being reduced to 3 teams is sad.

I don't see a ton of upside with Bayne and Stenhouse and Biffle is in his mid forties so RFR may not even win a cup race next year. I never thought I would see teams like Robert Yates and DEI go away and I hope RFR doesn't follow them..

The NXS team was decent last year with three teams, now they have four with the addition of Sadler.

Sadler will be a solid benchmark for Wallace, Buscher, and Reed.

I haven't followed the lower tiers of Nascar for years so I had not heard of Bubba until today. Hopefully he will be what RFR needs as they have lost a lot in the last few years. Having to cut down from 5 teams to 4 and then being reduced to 3 teams is sad.

I don't see a ton of upside with Bayne and Stenhouse and Biffle is in his mid forties so RFR may not even win a cup race next year. I never thought I would see teams like Robert Yates and DEI go away and I hope RFR doesn't follow them..

Howdy Skoal.

Actually the racing was pretty good this year in both the trucks and Nationwide series.

Totally agree on all of this, nice post. I think they need to shore up their sponsorship woes first and foremost. They've got the engines, Team Penske proved you can win with them. What they need to do is attract more premier personnel and improve in about all other facets of their program. Bubba gives them a real good up and coming talent and it's a step in the right direction.

Totally agree on all of this, nice post. I think they need to shore up their sponsorship woes first and foremost. They've got the engines, Team Penske proved you can win with them. What they need to do is attract more premier personnel and improve in about all other facets of their program. Bubba gives them a real good up and coming talent and it's a step in the right direction.

I think I have said this before. Jack Roush sold half his team and they run the show as far as sponsors and other business matters.
Fenway runs it like a ball team.

Howdy Skoal.

Actually the racing was pretty good this year in both the trucks and Nationwide series.

I remember the truck series having some good racing. My problem with whatever the BGN series is called now is there were to many cup drivers.

I remember the truck series having some good racing. My problem with whatever the BGN series is called now is there were to many cup drivers.
Now they can only run for owner championship and purse money, no points unless the driver is NOT preferred in another series.

Bubba to the "dark side"........................that pretty much sucks

I am not an RFR fan at all but I am a Bubba fan. I really hope that he does well. I just wish he had better teammates.

I am not an RFR fan at all but I am a Bubba fan. I really hope that he does well. I just wish he had better teammates.

I think the Penske boys may give him some tutoring as long as it doesn't conflict with Ryan.

Yeah, but Bubba isn't fully funded and unless Jack pulls something out of his ass, he will be rolling that car on his dime. Is this not the kind of thing that got him into trouble in the first place? I am certain that Coach and Toyota could have done the same thing, but not for the sake of the future of the team. No way. As Jack adds cars, the perception could be that his team is in recovery mode, but really, I wonder if this isn't more of the same. Stenhouse is lost, Bayne has been overrated forever, and The Biff is just pretty good.....They had Carl for three years, and everything Ford could give them, and they got nothing. Jack is in trouble IMO.....but a Yates buy out has been rumored.

Yeah, but Bubba isn't fully funded and unless Jack pulls something out of his ass, he will be rolling that car on his dime. Is this not the kind of thing that got him into trouble in the first place? I am certain that Coach and Toyota could have done the same thing, but not for the sake of the future of the team. No way. As Jack adds cars, the perception could be that his team is in recovery mode, but really, I wonder if this isn't more of the same. Stenhouse is lost, Bayne has been overrated forever, and The Biff is just pretty good.....They had Carl for three years, and everything Ford could give them, and they got nothing. Jack is in trouble IMO.....but a Yates buy out has been rumored.
I thought The Biff was pretty good, he had a run at a championship when he was third in line at Roush Racing. Since then I think he has always been 3rd in line. He has been a pretty loyal driver and is close to retirement now..

Yates buy out rumored?? Is the rumor he buying Fenway or Roush??

I think Jack is so much a racing man that he would never sell his share. He already pulled his investment out by selling 1/2 to Fenway.

I think Jack is so much a racing man that he would never sell his share. He already pulled his investment out by selling 1/2 to Fenway.

I like Jack, and I think he is great for the sport. After Matt, he said that he was working on the commercial side. I hope so because I want him here....and this is coming from a Toyota guy. He hates Toyota.

I like Jack, and I think he is great for the sport. After Matt, he said that he was working on the commercial side. I hope so because I want him here....and this is coming from a Toyota guy. He hates Toyota.

Great post and I agree. Whether folks like him or not this sport needs guys like Jack. He gives opportunity to younger guys through his developmental process as well as competition to other big name teams. Additionally if it wasn't for Jack, Penske likely would have went in another direction mfg wise when Dodge backed out. I would love to see Yates get back into an ownership role ( as long as it's with Fords ) Lol

Does anyone know what the "Fenway" part of Roush Fenway is doing? You would think that they'd have access to money and connections that could help Jack.

You would think that ... but Roush isn't bringing in the sponsorship necessary to keep drivers like Kenseth and Edwards . Big name drivers like Stenhouse and Bayne aren't going to help bring in sponsors either.

Does anyone know what the "Fenway" part of Roush Fenway is doing? You would think that they'd have access to money and connections that could help Jack.

thinkin john henry---ie fenway honcho ....ain't bringin in tha $$ like he did many yrs ago. ??

Bubba to the "dark side"........................that pretty much sucks

Yup. I will miss him. He is just another guy for Kyle to beat now. Get a good look at the ass end of that Monster car Bubba!

Yup. I will miss him. He is just another guy for Kyle to beat now. Get a good look at the ass end of that Monster car Bubba!

Cant feature the guy being that desperate for a ride, its downright disgusting

Cant feature the guy being that desperate for a ride, its downright disgusting

I know some will feel like I am flip flopping, but the fact is that Bubba didn't get good until this year. He was wildly inconsistent in '13. He had a big year, and felt that he was entitled to a year of Xfinity. JGR and Toyota disagreed while Roush and Ford complied. I do not buy that sponsorship was the only factor at play in limiting a Bubba to the possibility of a partial schedule at JGR. I think he felt slighted. Good-bye.

Back
Top Bottom