Bud #1 on advertising

H

Happy29

It’s a matter of loyalty… Despite all the attention surrounding the announcement of Nextel’s foray into NASCAR in next year, the telecommunications company has only been mentioned one time ($41,000) during Winston Cup Series event telecasts this season. Casey Mears’ winning of both ARCA RE/MAX Series races held at Pocono Raceway this season proved extremely profitable to his sponsor Target. The retailer rang up more than an hour of on-camera time and secured 41 mentions during the Speed Channel race telecasts, good enough for the nearly $200,000 in comparable exposure value and top five status among the series’ primary sponsors. Weighing in with more than $47 million of combined exposure value at mid-year was NASCAR Winston Cup Series and Busch Series team sponsor Stacker2. Robby Gordon’s annual double dip at the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 led to an exposure payout of more than $2.2 million. Gordon’s 22nd place finish in the Indy 500 brought in $878,150 for his sponsor Archipelago, while his 17th place showing in the nightcap Coca-Cola 600 landed Cingular Wireless $1,336,600. On the day, Gordon averaged nearly $2,015 of television exposure value per racing mile for his two main sponsors.

Year-To-Date Top-5 NASCAR Winston Cup Team Sponsors
1) Budweiser $143.6*
2) NAPA At. Pts. 69.2
3) Lowe's 61.1
4) UPS 60.1
5) Cingular Wireless 49.0
*Comparable exposure value reflected in millions. Values based on clear, in-focus exposure time and verbal references received during event telecasts through the Sharpie 500.

The rest of those numbers aren't even close to the Bud dollar amount; that's why I've been saying with that kind of exposure Dale jr. isn't going to leave DEI. I'm suprised Home Depot isn't in the top five or Miller Lite.

And everybody wonders why Jr's picture is everywhere. I have been saying that all along.

Whomever did this study could have saved themselves the trouble. It's quite obvious watching the Fox & NBC telecasts who's car gets the most tv time & who is the most talked about driver.

1 Budweiser = Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
2 NAPA = Michael Waltrip
3 Lowe's = Jimmie Johnson
4 UPS = Dale Jarrett
5 Cingular = Robby Gordon

Im surprised Jeff Gordon and DuPont arent on this list. Im actually quite surprised Robby Gordon is on the list, I didnt think he got much TV time/exposure. I guess he does. :)

You would think that a guy who wrecks in every race (fill in name here) would get a lot of TV time from them just showing the car wrecked, driver climbing out and being towed... :p

Originally posted by redrock@Sep 16 2003, 02:13 PM
You would think that a guy who wrecks in every race (fill in name here) would get a lot of TV time from them just showing the car wrecked, driver climbing out and being towed... :p
Well NetZero sure did before the driver change. :p

Back
Top Bottom