California Speedway

D

dwybruin

This is going to be my first trip to California Speedway to watch qualifying. Can someone tell me, if I can take anything in like my beer orr food or anything like that? Please let me know because my beer is my water.

oh you are gonna love it.......DE (my hubby) is writing to you right now to let you know what you can bring out of our handbook..........we will be going for the may 2nd race......can't wait........... :D

According to the California Speedway Guest Guide:

1. One soft side bag/cooler, no larger than 6X6X12 inches.
2. No hard-sided coolers regardless of size.
3. One clear plastics bag, no larger than 18X18X4 inches (to accommodate samples and purchases).
4. Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt and seat cushions carried separately.
5. Seat cushion bags with compartments will be reviewed on an individual basis.
6. Firearms, fireworks, and items restricted by local, state or federal laws and not allowed.
7. Hard-sided coolers, thermos, freezer/ice packets and insulated cups or any size are not allowed.
8. Strollers, umbrellas, wagons, inline skates, skateboards, pets, bicycles, scooters (motorized or otherwise) are not allowed.
9. Glass, aluminum and metal containers are not allowed.
10. Any bags, backpacks, or containers larger than the sizes mentioned are not allowed.

And this special note at the bottom of that section in the guide:

"None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the gate area. California Speedway reserves the right to refuse entry of any item deemed inappropriate."

You might do as Cutie and I do. She takes a "fanny pack" and a plastic bag and wears the binoculars around her neck. I take a "fanny pack" and the digital camera. Who needs a seat cushion? I haven't sat more than about 5 minutes total yet during the race!! We go light!! :D And I will tell you that last year there were some real unhappy people at the gate entrance when they were denied access with items that were restricted (big back packs, hard sided coolers, beer, too many bags or bags bigger than specified).....and they got really unhappy when they were not allowed to leave them at the gates.......they had to take them back to their cars or some other place not close to the fence. I would highly recommend not trying to push the envelope here!! :)

If beer is your water.........then bring a few bucks with you!! A 12 oz beer is going to cost you about 6 bucks!! :blink:

and water cost 3 bucks a bottle too..........think coke was the same too......

Back
Top Bottom