Change is coming

• Optional rain tires, mandatory wipers, defogger and rear flashing rain light at start of event (practice, qualifying and race)
Cup cars could race in the rain now????

Daytona pre-season testing eliminated

While testing is still up for discussion, independent team testing and pre-season thunder (AKA Daytona testing) for now have been eliminated. Possible Thursday tests at selected tracks prior to the event are up for discussion. And there appears to be more Goodyear tire tests, such as the one scheduled for Auto Club Speedway on Oct. 28-29, which will allow teams a first look at the 2015 rules package and the tire manufacturer time to build the appropriate tires.
“When we go to California, Goodyear will know what kind of configuration will be put on the car and they’ll be able to do that testing and get that close,” Stefanyshyn said. “We might start working on some ’16 stuff at that point, too. When you think about it, Goodyear needs lead time to work on the tires and get them into the system.”
NASCAR’s plan for a “real-time” electronic rulebook will come to fruition and teams will also have a new approval process for parts.

You may have gotten your wish after all. ;) How's that saying go????? Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it. I think the rain tire will fall under that category.
yeah, well I know your opinion in that area, we'll see what happens, just hope they get a good wiper instead of the Micky mouse setup they have been using.

I'm bummed that they went down to only six inches on the spoiler; all the feedback from the test was that 3.5 inches worked out really well. Same with the significantly less power and elimination of single-car qualifying runs for the Daytona 500.

A lot of other things though - glass ****pit, rain tires, driver-adjustable track bar, shorter qualifying format, new testing policy - are really intriguing. And I still have no idea what automated pit road officiating is.

yeah, well I know your opinion in that area, we'll see what happens, just hope they get a good wiper instead of the Micky mouse setup they have been using.
They were better on the Nationwide cars this year, WalMart must have gone with a different supplier.

I'm bummed that they went down to only six inches on the spoiler; all the feedback from the test was that 3.5 inches worked out really well. Same with the significantly less power and elimination of single-car qualifying runs for the Daytona 500.

A lot of other things though - glass ****pit, rain tires, driver-adjustable track bar, shorter qualifying format, new testing policy - are really intriguing. And I still have no idea what automated pit road officiating is.

could be as simple as having remote controlled pit entry lights without the flagman being there..probably not all of it though. Rain tires are going to bring new drivers into the limelight IMO. Road racing for years has had drivers that were great on a rainy track.

Holy cow. I wasn't expecting that much change. I like a lot of it. I like how NASCAR is getting a bit more modernized but at the same time I hate it.

could be as simple as having remote controlled pit entry lights without the flagman being there..probably not all of it though. Rain tires are going to bring new drivers into the limelight IMO. Road racing for years has had drivers that were great on a rainy track.
Won't be long before The Glen gets a wet race. 2009 and 2011 both got moved to Monday for rain. As if that race couldn't get any crazier.

Hopefully less power, less downforce, and less weight means Goodyear builds a softer tire.

The roller lifters will add HP that the spacer is trying to limit.

The big expense is tires and motors, the motors are going to be more dependable, Tires are tires, don't see them saving any money in that area ever, unless Nascar restricts the amount of tires you can use.

The roller lifters will add HP that the spacer is trying to limit.
yeah, make the engine a whole lot more happy at high RPM's. Lowering the ratios will give them a much wider power band to operate the engine. a torque engine might come into play on short tracks instead of high RPM's who knows what ratios they will mandate at the various tracks..interesting stuff though.

Won't be long before The Glen gets a wet race. 2009 and 2011 both got moved to Monday for rain. As if that race couldn't get any crazier.
too many races weren't being run or delayed for only a simple rain shower or two. They will red flag it for downpours, but so much time and money was spent getting the tracks completely dry it was ridiculous. If ya want to get something started, Nascar beancounters saw the bills for their new track dryer gizmo and figured, let the teams buy rain tires.:biggrin:

Good article on the changes for next season. The spoiler change is supposed to reduce downforce by 300 pounds and the plan is for a grippier tire. The changes are part of a long-term rules makeover that will continue into 2016, the pit road video analytics system judges whether cars enter the box properly and whether lugs are properly tightened, and the new online rulebook is scheduled to go live next month.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ge-2015-less-horsepower-testing-ban/16104163/

oh well, just rain tires on road courses, better than the way it is now. The Nationwide race this year might have turned the tide...ah the wheel turns slowly sometimes. Who knows, 20 years from now they might try it on ovals...I'll be in the rest home fighting the ol ladies for the remote.

• Optional rain tires, mandatory wipers, defogger and rear flashing rain light at start of event (practice, qualifying and race)
Cup cars could race in the rain now????

Finally. Postponing races because cars can't run on damp tracks was ridiculous.

Good article on the changes for next season. The spoiler change is supposed to reduce downforce by 300 pounds and the plan is for a grippier tire. The changes are part of a long-term rules makeover that will continue into 2016, the pit road video analytics system judges whether cars enter the box properly and whether lugs are properly tightened, and the new online rulebook is scheduled to go live next month.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ge-2015-less-horsepower-testing-ban/16104163/

I wish I could find my 2 years old post asking for exactly this.

Back
Top Bottom