Changes coming to lower tier series in 2015

Okay. We KNOW they don't race their Sprint Cup cars in the lower series. We're talking about how they drive for the same TEAM.

Like I said.................. Kyle drives his own trucks built by KBM and is competitive, obviously he didnt do so well in his own nationwide cars

Like I said.................. Kyle drives his own trucks built by KBM and is competitive, obviously he didnt do so well in his own nationwide cars

I wonder if KBM gets equipment from JGR.

Always has to do a rebuttal. Why so insecure? lol

images

Brain saw the lower series running along kinda smoothly and said I can't allow that, I need to find a way to screw those series up too!

If they want a good change, then, go back to how the truck series started, " Winter Heat", take all the expense of vast crews away, have racing, 10 minute break, line back up and finish the race.
Now all you have is the big dollar guys and the small guys do not have a chance to get in. Don't get me wrong, I like truck racing, but this was a stepping stone series in it's infancy that has turned into full blown high dollar racing.
I was able to help in a truck team years ago when it was a lot less expensive, Black Tip racing out of Naples Fla. We had Frank Kimmel drive at a Homestead Race once and Morgan Shepard drove once at the fairgrounds in Nashville, doing real good until we lost a valve spring and Morgan said he could go on but would ruin engine, so owner decided to park it. I was associated through one of my Equipment Dealers in Miami. It was a lot of fun. Now that I am talking about it, I must say Morgan Shepard was not just a driver, he would jump in pre race and do all kinds of thing to help out, like worked with me to get the mesh screen correct for the radiator air inlet, he was a very personable man and yes he had his roller skates with him. I'll stop the rambling now.

Although the truck racing has been good on the large tracks, I would like to see trucks more on the short tracks, keep the speed down so they look like showroom trucks, make them run stock sheet metal. You could get away with that if the speeds were lower, and trucks have frames unlike the throw away cars they make now.

We can say what we will about Kyle18fan and Kyle himself but I bet the next 2 championships in cup(after this year) will be taken home by JGR. And I also bet one of em will be kyle. Oh lord. @Kyle18fan will really let us all have it then.

We can say what we will about Kyle18fan and Kyle himself but I bet the next 2 championships in cup(after this year) will be taken home by JGR. And I also bet one of em will be kyle. Oh lord. @Kyle18fan will really let us all have it then.

Yep

I really believe it though. I think edwards will shine with better equipment and the new rules package will, it seems to me, favor kyles style. Well that's the talk anyway. I'd be alright if they both do it too.

I really believe it though. I think edwards will shine with better equipment and the new rules package will, it seems to me, favor kyles style. Well that's the talk anyway. I'd be alright if they both do it too.

No more stinking "letting off the throttle" and Kyle will excel IMO

No more stinking "letting off the throttle" and Kyle will excel IMO
God forbid a driver have to apply the brakes and not hold it down all the way around the track.

Ugh. Not looking forward to boring, underpowered Nationwide JV cars.

God forbid a driver have to apply the brakes and not hold it down all the way around the track.

Ugh. Not looking forward to boring, underpowered Nationwide JV cars.

The racing will be better, mark my words it really will and the cars wont be underpowered by any means

The racing will be better, mark my words it really will and the cars wont be underpowered by any means
I don't know what to think. A lot of the drivers who participated in the Michigan test said the same power levels with a 3-inch spoiler produced the best racing. I don't think 6-inch spoilers is enough of a reduction and it kinda gets cancelled out by 125 less HP.

I'm not sure he is in better equipment, but it will be interesting to see what happens, who knows what Goodyear is going to do with the tires, that will make a big difference too if they change things around.

I don't know what to think. A lot of the drivers who participated in the Michigan test said the same power levels with a 3-inch spoiler produced the best racing. I don't think 6-inch spoilers is enough of a reduction and it kinda gets cancelled out by 125 less HP.

I am not usually happy when I hear the mention of "reduced power" but in this case it probably wont be bad, its not like they are going to slow down much

I am not usually happy when I hear the mention of "reduced power" but in this case it probably wont be bad, its not like they are going to slow down much
Yeah the engine people will fix that pretty quick, I bet they are working on it right now. Making the car harder to drive and somehow this makes it easier to pass is the hope.

Yeah the engine people will fix that pretty quick, I bet they are working on it right now. Making the car harder to drive and somehow this makes it easier to pass is the hope.

As always I cant wait to see them on the track and compare lap times to the current cars.

It has to be tough and expensive to deal with for all the teams, all these yearly changes lately. We the fans don't have to do nothing but watch. How cool is that? I don't have any great expectations that the racing is going to be a whole lot different, there has been quite a bit of passing this year and close racing IMO, but if it gets even better great, I just hope it doesn't make it worse. They only ran one test I think and that wasn't with a full field and just on one track.

It has to be tough and expensive to deal with for all the teams, all these yearly changes lately. We the fans don't have to do nothing but watch. How cool is that? I don't have any great expectations that the racing is going to be a whole lot different, there has been quite a bit of passing this year and close racing IMO, but if it gets even better great, I just hope it doesn't make it worse. They only ran one test I think and that wasn't with a full field and just on one track.
Yeah, I've been kinda concerned about the limited testing they seem to have done.
I just hope it doesn't turn into a rp pack at every track.

Back
Top Bottom