Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
Imo when Gordon left I thought they would alter the font style for 24 for Chase. Oh well
Yeah I think the only thing they did was narrow it slightly and less shadowing around the edges. I think Hendrick wanted to keep all 4 car numbers as close to uniform as possible font wise.

I think Chase wants his own legacy instead of riding his father's coattails.
Let's face it though Bills legacy is in the 9, the 94 years are best forgotten.

Reactions: Pat
I'm a Bill Elliott fan.

And I like Clyde Elliott, but he's still gotta win a Cup race. I'm not a fan of Gordon or the #24, I find he has the personality of the 'runt of the litter', kind of overly eager at times and feisty -- to overcompensate for his diminutive stature. He's the garden gnome of Cup Champions.

Anyway, back to Clyde. I don't care what number he carries forward (even though the #24 still irks me) as he charts his way to greatness, as long as he starts winning Cup races.

I'm a Bill Elliott fan.

And I like Clyde Elliott, but he's still gotta win a Cup race. I'm not a fan of Gordon or the #24, I find he has the personality of the 'runt of the litter', kind of overly eager at times and feisty -- to overcompensate for his diminutive stature. He's the garden gnome of Cup Champions.

Anyway, back to Clyde. I don't care what number he carries forward (even though the #24 still irks me) as he charts his way to greatness, as long as he starts winning Cup races.
For the record, Chase's name is William.

Is it the old school Hooters scheme?
A modernized version, imo

vintage-monterey-motorsports-reunion-2012-mike-cesario-in-the-alan-kulwicki-hooters-thunde.jpg

The wins will come. People forget how young Chase is and how many times he's already been close to winning. He is three years younger than Larson and five years younger than Logano. Once Chase breaks through, watch out the wins will pile up in a hurry.

Chase ran about as good as you could hope to in the position he and that team were in. He wasn't great for most of the day yesterday and came alive in crunch time and almost stole one. Had a fantastic post season, and a really really solid 2nd season overall. Just looking at this finishes the last 9 races it's hard to believe it wasn't enough. Wish he could've taken that 24 back to Homestead and still hopeful he can get a W, but I'm looking forward to next year!

Chase's playoff finishes:
2nd
11th
2nd
2nd
16th
4th
27th
8th
2nd

Chase ran about as good as you could hope to in the position he and that team were in. He wasn't great for most of the day yesterday and came alive in crunch time and almost stole one. Had a fantastic post season, and a really really solid 2nd season overall. Just looking at this finishes the last 9 races it's hard to believe it wasn't enough. Wish he could've taken that 24 back to Homestead and still hopeful he can get a W, but I'm looking forward to next year!

2nd
11th
2nd
2nd
16th
4th
27th
8th
2nd
I think people forget that Chase is in his second season & only 21 years old. He’s got plenty of maturing and experience to garnish - gonna be a hell of a threat each season.

I think people forget that Chase is in his second season & only 21 years old. He’s got plenty of maturing and experience to garnish - gonna be a hell of a threat each season.
I pick on Chase here sometimes, but there's no doubt in my mind the kid's gonna be a dominant force sooner rather than later. Hell, even Gordon didn't really break out until his 3rd season.

I thought the most all-time was 8 by his dad? I've been seeing this a lot today and I don't think it's correct.

Bill Elliott, 8: Four of Elliott's eight second-place finishes came in 1983 -- including the season-opening Daytona 500 -- before earning his first win in the final race of the season at Riverside Speedway.

Sterling Marlin, 9: Marlin's nine runner-up finishes were well worth the wait considering he earned his first victory by winning the 1994 Daytona 500.

Harry Gant, 10: It was almost the norm for Gant to finish second until his first win at Martinsville Speedway in 1982. He went on to win 21 races total in NASCAR's premier series.

James Hylton, 12: Hylton has the most second-place finishes in NASCAR history prior to his first win, which came at Richmond Raceway in 1970.

https://galleries.nascar.com/galler...h-most-runner-up-finishes-before-first-win#/0

2nd
11th
2nd
2nd
16th
4th
27th
8th
2nd
He was Chevy’s best shot to get to the Homestead Bowl Presented by Ford and with how far off the manufacturer is as well as HMS compared to Toyota/JGR/FRR that’s really all you can ask for. Hopefully Chevy and HMS find some speed with the new Zl1this offseason. Just a horrible year for Chevy

I thought the most all-time was 8 by his dad? I've been seeing this a lot today and I don't think it's correct.
I know Kasey Kahne had a bunch of 2nd's before his first win too, but I guess it wasn't as many as Chase. Kahne had 6 IIRC.

Really respected the way Chase handled Hamlin, and I am glad he roughed up Hamlin. It was perfect, and devastating to Hamlins race, anything less would just not satisfy.
Monday 24 hours later and it still was a sweet moment.

The readers digest version of that is "Chase got fed up with the crap and decided to, if not put an end to it, at least slow it the hell down some".
The great part about it all is it revealed how talented Chase can be behind the wheel and maybe forced some of that ability out of him. He made some pretty savvy moves in those last few races.

If the deal with Hamlin lit a fire in him or put a little chip on his shoulder, then so be it. If it showed him that you can't always be a giver, sometimes you have to be a taker, so be it. If the other drivers realize now that if you mess with the bull, you get horns, that's a good thing from where I'm sitting. His dad went through the same thing. Being nice ALL of the time only gets you so far.

IMG_3978.JPG

Badass Chosen. Chills.

With the season almost upon us what's the over/under (in minutes) of the first broadcast starting before they remind us of how many seconds Chase has had and they expect him to win one sooner than later? You'd think that the NASCAR (cough, cough) press could come up with a different story line for the guy.

With the season almost upon us what's the over/under (in minutes) of the first broadcast starting before they remind us of how many seconds Chase has had and they expect him to win one sooner than later? You'd think that the NASCAR (cough, cough) press could come up with a different story line for the guy.
They don't get to talk with their own brains, they follow a script writer who hates Nascar but has a great paying job with the networks.
And then there is the producers who wish they were somewhere else that was quiet.

What would you suggest would be a MORE relevant story line for Elliott?

What would you suggest would be a MORE relevant story line for Elliott?

He’s in a vehicle that has been redesigned along the lines of the Toyotas last year. Maybe a comparison and contrast about the two vehicles and what the NASCAR (cough, cough) press thinks that means, with the rule changes, for his team and Hendrick’s other cars. If they actually did a little bit of digging (more than likely very little, knowing how much of a sieve the garage is) they could provide an accurate view of it. Of course, that would mean they'd 1) have to work, 2) stop being mouth pieces for NASCAR, and 3) might mean their press privileges could get cancelled for a race or two.

Back
Top Bottom