Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
He’s in a vehicle that has been redesigned along the lines of the Toyotas last year. Maybe a comparison and contrast about the two vehicles and what the NASCAR (cough, cough) press thinks that means, with the rule changes, for his team and Hendrick’s other cars. If they actually did a little bit of digging (more than likely very little, knowing how much of a sieve the garage is) they could provide an accurate view of it. Of course, that would mean they'd 1) have to work, 2) stop being mouth pieces for NASCAR, and 3) might mean their press privileges could get cancelled for a race or two.

You could ask the same questions about the new Chevy to a about dozen other drivers too. I think when people want to hear about Chase Elliott, they want to know when he's going to win a race. Your view of the race media is a little too conspiratorial for me. The sports media generally talks about the people we want to hear about, or the people they THINK we want to hear about. Sometimes they are wrong about that, but I think THEY believe it. I honestly believe they talked about Danica incessantly for a while because they believed that would lead to better ratings. The media is looking for ratings and want to talk about new people and different things to to draw attention to their platform. I think one of the reasons the media would rather talk about the young guns rather than the drivers like the Busch brothers, is that unless they do something REALLY outrageous, they know that 90% of the audience has already made up their mind about them, and talking about them any more isn't going to reach anybody that wasn't already fixed on them. I COULD be REALLY inflammatory and ask, why talk about those veterans when the overall interest in NASCAR has dropped like a rock while they were dominating the headlines? Maybe the media figures these young kids like Chase and Bubba and Blaney can save this sport before TV coverage of the Cup Series means a one hour edited tape delayed program on Mav TV. :dual9mm:

He’s in a vehicle that has been redesigned along the lines of the Toyotas last year. Maybe a comparison and contrast about the two vehicles and what the NASCAR (cough, cough) press thinks that means, with the rule changes, for his team and Hendrick’s other cars. If they actually did a little bit of digging (more than likely very little, knowing how much of a sieve the garage is) they could provide an accurate view of it. Of course, that would mean they'd 1) have to work, 2) stop being mouth pieces for NASCAR, and 3) might mean their press privileges could get cancelled for a race or two.

This right the hell here.

Elliott is always going to be fine, always going to have more fans than KDB no matter what his record is, and the jealous whiners will never get over it.

You could ask the same questions about the new Chevy to a about dozen other drivers too. I think when people want to hear about Chase Elliott, they want to know when he's going to win a race. Your view of the race media is a little too conspiratorial for me. The sports media generally talks about the people we want to hear about, or the people they THINK we want to hear about. Sometimes they are wrong about that, but I think THEY believe it. I honestly believe they talked about Danica incessantly for a while because they believed that would lead to better ratings. The media is looking for ratings and want to talk about new people and different things to to draw attention to their platform. I think one of the reasons the media would rather talk about the young guns rather than the drivers like the Busch brothers, is that unless they do something REALLY outrageous, they know that 90% of the audience has already made up their mind about them, and talking about them any more isn't going to reach anybody that wasn't already fixed on them. I COULD be REALLY inflammatory and ask, why talk about those veterans when the overall interest in NASCAR has dropped like a rock while they were dominating the headlines? Maybe the media figures these young kids like Chase and Bubba and Blaney can save this sport before TV coverage of the Cup Series means a one hour edited tape delayed program on Mav TV. :dual9mm:

The NASCAR (cough, cough) press is full of followers/fans. When was the last time a NASCAR "journalist" went against the grain? There have been numerous points in time when they could have done it and just kept going along to get along. BTW, that isn't conspiratorial. That's being objective. You really wanna tell me that no one knew about the safety issues surrounding the sport and what was available on the market before Sr.'s death? You want to tell me that the treatment of Tim Richmond by NASCAR wasn't known while it was occurring? We could go on and on.

You totally side step my reply to your question. You asked a question and I answered it. You responded with a Dave Moody style slight attempting to lessen my answer by saying it could apply to 12 other drivers. Except it wouldn't. It might apply to 6 drivers using your logic. They drive for the 2 top shelf teams, i.e., Hendrick and Ganassi. If you really want to do some nut cutting it only applies to 3 drivers. Those are the 3 guys are at Hendrick because they haven't won a Cup series race. The answer remains and I'd personally like to see a story about it.

BTW, I made up my mind about Chase Elliot during the onslaught of NASCAR (cough, cough) press stories attempting to anoint him as the second coming of Jr., and de facto savior of the sport.

I don't think this photo ever made it over here as it was posted in the Podium, but.....

IMG_1238.JPG

Just messin' with you, Chase Elliott fans (and Falcons and Bulldogs fans). :D

I think everybody has their own ability to rate each driver or decide who they’re ridin with. As my guys have retired (Biffle, then Edwards and now Jr) I’ve made decisions based on any number of things. When Chase started running I knew I’d add him once he came to the cup series. I was a Bill Elliott fan, so I pull for the kid. I was concerned about his timidity early, but welcomed his fire and the grit he displayed last year. He’s growing into it, and is a very good driver.

Ryan Blaney is another guy I tagged before he ever got going, primarily because of racing heritage and the fact he was in the Wood Brothers car. I really like the guy, as a person and driver. He has a bright future.

I can understand Nascar identifying guys who have the “it” factor relative to promotion. Both those guys do. Larson is a young guy who can obviously drive, but he comes across as a horse jockey with little personality. People connect to drivers they can relate to. Even KDB has fans, for some unusual psychological reason :confused:!

I think everybody has their own ability to rate each driver or decide who they’re ridin with. As my guys have retired (Biffle, then Edwards and now Jr) I’ve made decisions based on any number of things. When Chase started running I knew I’d add him once he came to the cup series. I was a Bill Elliott fan, so I pull for the kid. I was concerned about his timidity early, but welcomed his fire and the grit he displayed last year. He’s growing into it, and is a very good driver.

Ryan Blaney is another guy I tagged before he ever got going, primarily because of racing heritage and the fact he was in the Wood Brothers car. I really like the guy, as a person and driver. He has a bright future.

I can understand Nascar identifying guys who have the “it” factor relative to promotion. Both those guys do. Larson is a young guy who can obviously drive, but he comes across as a horse jockey with little personality. People connect to drivers they can relate to. Even KDB has fans, for some unusual psychological reason :confused:!
So ur saying chase elliot has more personality than LARSON?? hahaha wow hahahahaha this just proves my point on here that people just love chase no matter what.. this guy has no damn personality at all

So ur saying chase elliot has more personality than LARSON?? hahaha wow hahahahaha this just proves my point on here that people just love chase no matter what.. this guy has no damn personality at all

I think he does, but he's not as charasmatic as others. That's just Chase though, his Dad Bill was his own unique person as well. Just a well-mannered Southern boy who lets his driving do the talking.

Nothing wrong with that.

no ha ha buh ha ha ha *sigh* he has more history behind him. One of these days you will be saying the same thing about Braxton if you hang around long enough

I think Chase is much like Jimmie Johnson and his own father.

Lets his results speak for themselves.

Theres no need to act like a child.

For what it’s worth, listen to the team radio.

I like Chase and I like Blaney, but I think Larson is a better driver and will win more cup races then they will if he chooses to stay in NASCAR...that being said I also think that of all the youngest guns I think Bowman will have more cup wins then Elliot and Blaney when it's all said and done. tic toc- tic toc time will tell.:D

Elliott is always going to be fine, always going to have more fans than KDB no matter what his record is, and the jealous whiners will never get over it.

I don't count fans. Big deal.

I think Chase is much like Jimmie Johnson and his own father.

Lets his results speak for themselves.

Theres no need to act like a child.

For what it’s worth, listen to the team radio.

Perfection.

You said it.

I left off "sheer".....we still good? Don't want to underestimate him. I have "Jesus-like" reserved for when he actually wins something.

I left off "sheer".....we still good? Don't want to underestimate him. I have "Jesus-like" reserved for when he actually wins something.

Still waiting for you to point out at what point Hamlin was trying to let the 24 pass.

I will understand if you can't.

Of course ...... we all seek to support the driver with the most fans and the least wins :lol2:

If I had to chose between supporting a nice guy with no wins or a champion who is an A-hole, I'll go with the nice guy every time. Life's too short to tolerate jerks just so you can feel like a winner. One of the reasons I seldom did as well as I could have in fantasy football was because there were certain players I refused to have on my team.

If I had to chose between supporting a nice guy with no wins or a champion who is an A-hole, I'll go with the nice guy every time. Life's too short to tolerate jerks just so you can feel like a winner. One of the reasons I seldom did as well as I could have in fantasy football was because there were certain players I refused to have on my team.

Supporting a winner in no way makes me feel like a winner .. because I am not racing

Supporting a winner in no way makes me feel like a winner .. because I am not racing

By the same token, supporting someone who hasn't won doesn't effect me in any way. In fact, my normal procedure is to find drivers nobody has ever heard of and see how far they can go. One of my all time favorite drivers never even made it to Cup racing. Another one won only one Cup race. My ultimate hero in racing only won two Cup races.

Jr. inherited a pile of fans from his dad. Can't fault a guy for that. Chase has the same good fortune, There's still enough fans around that thought a lot of his dad also. At some point, fans have to figure out who's the "past", the "present" and the "future". Kyle Busch is still very much the "present". But barring anything unforeseen, Chase has more years ahead of him than Kyle does in Cup. Chase will be more of the sports future. He's a proven winner at every level he's raced. He's still developing in a lot of ways. One thing that helps Chase is his cooperative demeanor with the track reporters. As bad as something may be, he treats others with respect. Look what happened to Kurt at Penske when he lost his self control in an interview with Dr. Punch. And, I'm not knocking on Kurt. Just pointing out the difference. Chase is a well mannered kid. I'll be a fan of that every time.

I was just thinking about Hamlin and Elliott, Martinsville and Phoenix.
So thankful and Happy to have seen Hamlin suffer the consequences.
It is still as sweet and wonderful as it was on that November day.
It was more than a symbolic goodwill act, it was very meaningful. One less Gibbs crybaby competing for the championship at Homestead was a great thing.
Sometimes life works out the way it should.

Y’all treating this guy like a GOD smh , this is ridiculous.. haven’t even won a race yet!

If this was any other sport , he wouldn’t even get any attention.. but in NASCAR it’s more about popularity than damn wins smh.. I like jr but it’s no way in hell dude should have gotten all those most popular driver .. it should be the best driver or most successful driver on track . Not how many damn fans u have ..

I thought sports especially pro sports was about WINS not popularity, only in NASCAR I tell ya lol.. chase getting a damn pass just because he is popular hahaha..

Ryan Blaney won a race, and people still in here glorifying chase and he hasn’t done **** hahaha.. I’ll see y’all after Daytona I’m done.. no I’ll be back after the ATL race , peace

Y’all treating this guy like a GOD smh , this is ridiculous.. haven’t even won a race yet!
Any citations of God like attributes being assigned to Elliott.
Well at least except for the justice he reigned down on Hamlin at Phoenix. I mean good grief if an infidels unrighteous championship hope wasn't "killed with fire" there, they just ain't no fire.

I thought sports especially pro sports was about WINS not popularity, only in NASCAR I tell ya lol.. chase getting a damn pass just because he is popular hahaha..

No pass, just people who like him as I do. Like whoever you want to. Sounds like maybe you just see who’s winning and glam onto that guy I don’t care. Griping on and on about Chase makes me think you’re a KDB guy, but again, I don’t care. Enjoy pulling for whomever.

No pass, just people who like him as I do. Like whoever you want to. Sounds like maybe you just see who’s winning and glam onto that guy I don’t care. Griping on and on about Chase makes me think you’re a KDB guy, but again, I don’t care. Enjoy pulling for whomever.
It’s not a prob liking him, I never said that.. but people are making him into something he’s not.. idc who u like either

The only folks making Chase into "something he's not" are Kyle Busch fans.
Lol ok.. all we do is say facts.. guy hasn’t even won a race just like Kyle said.. all we hear is chase this and that and he hasn’t even won.. he get more recognition that Blaney and Blaney won a race.. it makes no sense

Back
Top Bottom