Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
Chase was here at the Lexington, SC NAPA yesterday with a show car. People were lining up over two hours before he was scheduled to appear. 30 minutes out, it looked like 250 - 300 people waiting. Of course, they could have been there for the free hot dogs.

I'd just like to say to the guys who think that Chase should be given a ride in Cup in 2015, that he doesn't WANT a ride in Cup this year.

nascar is about more than your position
Smashing-computer-GIF.gif

you won the internet... but you know what I mean. Its about media presence, etc. Ask JR. if it was all about wins and cups he would be behind the 8 ball as well.
Jr and Danica are the only ones here that owe their careers to the media rather than actual talent. ;)

Racing is about winning. Period.

Can't drive for 4-car team and own a separate Cup car.

Here's a blurb from one of many articles explaining it.....

There is one other option that many fans rally around and that is JR Motorsports going Sprint Cup racing.

Don’t expect that to happen.

NASCAR still has a four-car rule, which doesn’t allow an individual to be able to benefit financially from the performance of more than four teams.

Not only would Rick Hendrick have to divest himself of his ownership in JR Motorsports, it also means that Earnhardt would have to either drive for his own team or give up his stake to his sister, Kelley.

Why? Because a driver can’t compete for one team and own another team when the combined total is more than four Cup cars because, theoretically, both organizations could use that driver to draw sponsorship, which is based on performance.

from here

So if RCR would have had 4 full time cars in 99'... DEI would have not been allowed to exist. Dang.

Jr and Danica are the only ones here that owe their careers to the media rather than actual talent. ;)

Racing is about winning. Period.

more than that now...you have to sell for your sponsor...makes no difference if you win and you cant be the face of your sponsor plus have fans. no fans, and cant be the face of your sponsor, no job

They didn't have those rules in place back then.

There also wasn't a rule limiting a team to 4 cars... Now that they are having a hard time fielding full fields they should allow more IMO. The Chase elliott dilemma would be solved.

nascar is about more than your position

Really? For women that try to drive a stock car maybe but not for everyone else. Chase Elliott could take the 10 car right now and finish in the top 20 imo and be a threat. That is something Danica cant and will never do. As sad as it can be, she had peaked out. You will never see more than what you are getting right now. The lady is in over her head. Chase has no where near the experience Danica does in racing in general but his potential is clearly far above anything she can ever hope to accomplish. Go Daddy has to be some of the more stupid sponsors on the planet. I have an account with them myself and am going to email them to cancel it. I dont want any part of helping their cause to promote a known loser.

There also wasn't a rule limiting a team to 4 cars... Now that they are having a hard time fielding full fields they should allow more IMO. The Chase elliott dilemma would be solved.

But that's the whole problem right there . They can't stop changing the rules .

Really? For women that try to drive a stock car maybe but not for everyone else. Chase Elliott could take the 10 car right now and finish in the top 20 imo and be a threat. That is something Danica cant and will never do. As sad as it can be, she had peaked out. You will never see more than what you are getting right now. The lady is in over her head. Chase has no where near the experience Danica does in racing in general but his potential is clearly far above anything she can ever hope to accomplish. Go Daddy has to be some of the more stupid sponsors on the planet. I have an account with them myself and am going to email them to cancel it. I dont want any part of helping their cause to promote a known loser.

so women need to be barefoot and pregnant? what next?

She will win a race or two. its gonna be real.

so women need to be barefoot and pregnant? what next?

She will win a race or two. its gonna be real.

She got really lucky in Indy car to win a race, she will have to win the lottery in order to win in Cup. Shes not like Montoya where he excelled at a certain type of track, she doesn't really have one type of track where she runs well. I really dont expect her to ever win a race honestly, well, definitely not if she keeps getting the ride she does now.

She got really lucky in Indy car to win a race, she will have to win the lottery in order to win in Cup. Shes not like Montoya where he excelled at a certain type of track, she doesn't really have one type of track where she runs well. I really dont expect her to ever win a race honestly, well, definitely not if she keeps getting the ride she does now.
She could always win a plate race, although I don't think many people put a lot of stock into those.

On Mon night at the Nhra drag racing banquet the host of the banquet ESPN commentator Dave Rieff was joking with the audience over the pa, and he said that Danica Patrick had thought about coming over to drag racing...but she changed her mind because she knew she would just get beat by women and men over here. It got a pretty good laugh from the audience. Danica is a very popular lady and that is why GoDaddy has had as much success as they have had with her. As long as she stays this popular they will keep raking in the cash because of her. That is a smart company.

On Mon night at the Nhra drag racing banquet the host of the banquet ESPN commentator Dave Rieff was joking with the audience over the pa, and he said that Danica Patrick had thought about coming over to drag racing...but she changed her mind because she knew she would just get beat by women and men over here. It got a pretty good laugh from the audience. Danica is a very popular lady and that is why GoDaddy has had as much success as they have had with her. As long as she stays this popular they will keep raking in the cash because of her. That is a smart company.

Don't be confusin us'ns with facts now Nitro ! :)

Another tidbit for the rumor mill: Harry Scott of the now defunct Turner Scott motorsports has thrown his hat in the ring for Chase's cup racing opportunities
Elliott will run some Cup races next year for Hendrick, which can field a Cup car for seven races for him as an up-and-coming rookie. If Elliott wants to run additional races, HScott Motorsports — which gets cars and engines from Hendrick — would be willing to field a car for additional races.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...irement-dale-earnhardt-jr-stewart-haas-racing

Hope he gets redemption at the snowball derby Sunday
Yep. He got here yesterday. It's a tossup between the locals as to who they want to win it. Chase Elliott or local favorite Johanna Long.

"@JennaFryer: #NASCAR News: Hendrick Motorsports announces Chase Elliott will drive the No. 24 next season with Alan Gustafson as crew chief."

Back
Top Bottom