Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
Chase will be really good, he reminds me more of a young Dale Jr, then a Jimmie or Jeff but he'll be very consistent and win a fair amount of races.
Chase seems like rookie JJ to me. Even won the Daytona pole. I think chase will get a couple W's this year. He's the next JJ, IMO.

They're realistic

He did get beat by Buescher in a Roush turd last season. Again he's been impressive but he hasn't been close to winning YET so as of now he's 2014 Larson and he completely plateaued after that season. I do think Chase gets a win somewhere where we least expect it

He did get beat by Buescher in a Roush turd last season. Again he's been impressive but he hasn't been close to winning YET so as of now he's 2014 Larson and he completely plateaued after that season. I do think Chase gets a win somewhere where we least expect it
JJ also gets beat by Rousch turds from time to time. Chase's avg finish for his rookie season is outstanding, especially considering wrecks outside of his control. He could have been a contender for the win at Bristol had the last caution not caught him in a bad restart position. I'm just saying, he's an amazing talent in the best equipment, and will soon be the leading driver at HMS.

JJ also gets beat by Rousch turds from time to time. Chase's avg finish for his rookie season is outstanding, especially considering wrecks outside of his control. He could have been a contender for the win at Bristol had the last caution not caught him in a bad restart position. I'm just saying, he's an amazing talent in the best equipment, and will soon be the leading driver at HMS.

Biff doesn't like Elliott, so take everything he says with a grain of salt. Like the statement on the the equipment, what he didn't say was JR motorsports equipment was terrible last year.
Harvick called the equipment junk, and Kelley said they were behind.

Biff also made the statement that Elliott is a flash in the pan.

Biff doesn't like Elliott, so take everything he says with a grain of salt. Like the statement on the the equipment, what he didn't say was JR motorsports equipment was terrible last year.
Harvick called the equipment junk, and Kelley said they were behind.

Biff also made the statement that Elliott is a flash in the pan.

Never called him a flash in the pan either lol. And calling JR motorsports equioment junk is PR work at its best. Fully funded Hendrick supported equioment? Turrible

Don't like Kasey Kahne but Pitch Black has my vote. My favorite Mountain Dew flavor of all time.

Baja Blast is already available year round at Taco Bell. And they put it on store shelves every summer. Pitch Black only comes out for a few months once every 5-7 years. And, even then, it's only available at a limited number of places.

Lunch, so I will try both.

412424313.jpg

9 races in and Chase is 11th in points and steadily climbing. This team has had a lot of too little too late however. They're a scrappy bunch and have done a great job at gaining on the car in-race. However, I want to see a weekend where they unload fast, qualify it up front, and gain on it from there to really see what they're capable of. I think it's coming soon. The pit stops still need a bit of work but they've slowly gotten better in that department as well.

HMS other then Jimmie hasn't had the speed in a while. The other 3 teams have to scrap to solid finishes. Not sure where the overall dominance for them has been

9 races in and Chase is 11th in points and steadily climbing. This team has had a lot of too little too late however. They're a scrappy bunch and have done a great job at gaining on the car in-race. However, I want to see a weekend where they unload fast, qualify it up front, and gain on it from there to really see what they're capable of. I think it's coming soon. The pit stops still need a bit of work but they've slowly gotten better in that department as well.

He went in 8th or 9th on the last stop, came out 14th. Have you ever seen them gain spots on pits rd?

HMS other then Jimmie hasn't had the speed in a while. The other 3 teams have to scrap to solid finishes. Not sure where the overall dominance for them has been
Dale has had a few really nice finishes but yeah you're right.

I still wish so badly this would have been Jeff's last year. Would love to have seen him with this package and the tire management, etc.

Never called him a flash in the pan either lol. And calling JR motorsports equioment junk is PR work at its best. Fully funded Hendrick supported equioment? Turrible

I called him a "flash in the pan" just to make Taco cringe .... I also posted some positive stuff that got lost in the great meltdown

I listened to Jeff in the booth and he said he wouldn't have tried some of the moves Chase made. Maybe that is the why he never won the 5th.
I think the cas are the same, Chase just gets more out of it which is great for the CC.

This kid is good and he's sure to get even better.

Elliott isn't the spoiled rich brat that some portrayed him to be. He didn't get the ride because his father, he got the ride because Rick saw the talent.
You don't get praise from the likes of Tony and Rodney for being non talented.

Yesterday was as equally frustrating as it was fun to watch in regards to Chase. Nobody seemed to really show any urgency to run with him. there were a few times coming to the end where Chase jumped out and tried to lead that 3rd top lane and nobody came with. About midway through he gained control of the bottom lane and after everyone was running down there for a good 30 laps, everyone bailed on him for the middle. I guess I understand not wanting to stay behind one of the strongest cars in the field, but I viewed it more as the rookie treatment than anything.

That kid is the real deal, He'll be right up there with 7, or more, championships when he retires.

Yesterday was as equally frustrating as it was fun to watch in regards to Chase. Nobody seemed to really show any urgency to run with him. there were a few times coming to the end where Chase jumped out and tried to lead that 3rd top lane and nobody came with. About midway through he gained control of the bottom lane and after everyone was running down there for a good 30 laps, everyone bailed on him for the middle. I guess I understand not wanting to stay behind one of the strongest cars in the field, but I viewed it more as the rookie treatment than anything.
I agree, his spotter finally told him he would probably be better off to get on somebody and shove them to the front, also heard Chase tell Alan he was staying the bottom prior to the first big one, he has an out if he runs the bottom, not so if he runs the top, lot of people could learn from this.

I agree, his spotter finally told him he would probably be better off to get on somebody and shove them to the front, also heard Chase tell Alan he was staying the bottom prior to the first big one, he has an out if he runs the bottom, not so if he runs the top, lot of people could learn from this.
Interesting. I was out watching at a Dave & Busters so I didn't have any audio. Normally have the scanner on so that's good info, thanks!

Was he playing it coy there with 30 to go while riding in the back or was he just not able to go anywhere? Seemed like he was preparing for the BIG one. Turned out to be pretty big.

I don't think he was playing coy, after the first big wreck, said he just didn't have anywhere to go.

He setting a pretty high standard for a rookie.

Maybe some of those veterans should have followed him, and they wouldn't have been torn up.

Nice job by the young man. It seems to take the best new drivers a few races to figure out how to pack race.

I'll guess he'll win his share of these things.

I'm glad he got a good ride. He seems to get the most out of his opportunity. We'll see how his sophomore year goes when rookies tend to wreck more cars pushing the limits further than their rookie year.

Rookies race finishes. It's pretty good so far but only the best 17 finishes count in the Rookie standings. Go Chase.

Chase-Ryan
1- 37th 19th
2- 8th 25th
3- 38th 6th
4- 8th 10th
5- 6th 35th
6- 20th 19th
7- 5th 29th
8- 4th 11th
9- 12th 28th
10- 4th 9th

Rookies race finishes. It's pretty good so far but only the best 17 finishes count in the Rookie standings. Go Chase.

Chase-Ryan
1- 37th 19th
2- 8th 25th
3- 38th 6th
4- 8th 10th
5- 6th 35th
6- 20th 19th
7- 5th 29th
8- 4th 11th
9- 12th 28th
10- 4th 9th
They officially gave Jamie Mac 4th yesterday :mad:

3 top 5's in the last 4 races though...:pbjtime:

And I forgot to add that Chase is 11th in the points and Ryan is 18th. :D
So when you take into consideration that Chase has the mature 24 team preparing him and Ryan has a new team, rookie cup CC and this is their first full year in many years, I would say both of them are doing a hell of a job.

C'mon, we all know the 21 is just a 3rd Penske car.

I wonder how Ford feels now. Bill went to Ford and tried to get a deal for Chase and they said NO.
Ford has made a lot of stupid decisions in the past, this must be close to the top.

Back
Top Bottom