Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
Ryan is really good, he's out performing a lot of teams that have more resources. One of the big time owners would be smart to get him now, he doesn't tear up equipment and is a good wheel man!

Ryan is really good, he's out performing a lot of teams that have more resources. One of the big time owners would be smart to get him now, he doesn't tear up equipment and is a good wheel man!
Penske is a big time car owner.

And you know this how? Link please.
So to see his son, Chase, driving a Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports affiliate JR Motorsports is a little bit strange.

“I tried to make the Ford thing happen,” Elliott said. “It didn’t. I saw it one way and they saw it another way and it didn’t work out. Mr. Hendrick came to us with an opportunity that at the point in time, it wasn’t much of an opportunity but he was the only one that would talk to us.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar-...l-chevy-hendrick-motorsports-jeff-gordon-2016

Nice job by the young man. It seems to take the best new drivers a few races to figure out how to pack race.

I'll guess he'll win his share of these things.

I think the world of the young kid's forward steps and enjoy watching him even at plate tracks. You can see how everything will come together for him and the team. Yesterday I was pulling for Trevor Bayne as I wanted to give you an atta boy for a Roush car winning as you have predicted. I didn't see it at the beginning of the year but I would not be surprised now.

Dumb Ass Jack blew up the Gordon deal with Ford. I wouldn't be surprised if he blew up the Chase deal also.

I believe to this day Jackass Roush still dislikes Ray Evernham over the deal. And in the end, Ray is laughing at Jack.

I was very impressed with the improvement he showed in the draft from Daytona to Talladega. At Daytona he made a dumb mistake and wrecked himself and this week he was up front the whole race, mixing it up with the Kenseths, Brads, and Hamlins. Hopefully he gets a win soon we need a fresh face in victory lane. I'm a huge fan of Blaney and Buescher as well but they ain't winning with their current teams

That kid is the real deal, He'll be right up there with 7, or more, championships when he retires.
Hahaha. Is this kinda like being anointed "GOAT-In-Waiting" or something? In the rookie season, 10 races in? LOL.

Some of the old farts didn't approve of young Elliott's driving at Tally. Funny thing is, he finished ahead of them in the race and is leading them in points.

Sour Grapes for Biffle.

Some of the old farts didn't approve of young Elliott's driving at Tally. Funny thing is, he finished ahead of them in the race and is leading them in points.

Sour Grapes for Biffle.
I re-booted the Radioactive thread because I couldn't believe my ears. If some of them would've scrapped the rookie label and worked with the kid throughout the race their cars may not have needed those black band-aids.

Jeff and DW kept saying how aggressive he was in the race, must have scared some of the old FARTS that crashed.

He made a couple mistakes and he admitted it last night on Dialed In, but some of the old guys act like nozzles.

Hamlin wreck how many times?

Last edited:
I think it is ironic that many of the people praising the 24's aggressive driving this year are the very same people who supported Jeff Gordon's whining about aggressive drivers over the prior decade. So funny.

I think it is ironic that many of the people praising the 24's aggressive driving this year are the very same people who supported Jeff Gordon's whining about aggressive drivers over the prior decade. So funny.
Many Gordon fans, including myself, wanted more aggressiveness out of Gordon for years. A return to the Gordon 1998 style.

I am pleased to see it with Chase.

Was Bill ever aggressive? If he was I don't ever remember the occasion.

Jeff and DW kept saying how aggressive he was in the race, must have scared some of the old FARTS that crashed.

He made a couple mistakes and he admitted it last night on Dialed In, but some of the old guys act like nozzles.

Hamlin wreck how many times?
He keeps thinking about the Monster girls

The one time at the All Star race, the pass in the grass, which was not a pass.

Many Gordon fans, including myself, wanted more aggressiveness out of Gordon for years. A return to the Gordon 1998 style.

I am pleased to see it with Chase.
It would be more accurate to say, "A few Gordon fans..." rather than "Many" of them. For example, Gordon fans overwhelmingly vilified Keselowski after the 2014 Texas dust up, because JG tried to blame Kez for over-aggressive driving. Going for the win, and with a championship on the line, Gordon screwed up royally but declared Kez the villain, and most of JG's sheep-like fans dutifully followed Jeff's lead. Pathetic to the point of being creepy. Cult-like creepy.

Jeff Gordon was a great driver and a great champion, particularly in the first half of his career. But in the second half, he often drove conservatively, and he developed a sense of entitlement.

I also am very happy to see Chase Elliott's career off to such a good start. I hope Chase does not get too affected by over-zealous worship from some fans. Nascar has had too much of that, IMO.

It would be more accurate to say, "A few Gordon fans..." rather than "Many" of them. For example, Gordon fans overwhelmingly vilified Keselowski after the 2014 Texas dust up, because JG tried to blame Kez for over-aggressive driving. Going for the win, and with a championship on the line, Gordon screwed up royally but declared Kez the villain, and most of JG's sheep-like fans dutifully followed Jeff's lead. Pathetic to the point of being creepy. Cult-like creepy.

Jeff Gordon was a great driver and a great champion, particularly in the first half of his career. But in the second half, he often drove conservatively, and he developed a sense of entitlement.

I also am very happy to see Chase Elliott's career off to such a good start. I hope Chase does not get too affected by over-zealous worship from some fans. Nascar has had too much of that, IMO.

Says the Crashalotski lemming.

Even JG admits he doesn't have the balls to drive like that anymore.
Now in his early career he would have done that in any race.

I really want to see Chase and shrub go side by side beatin' and bangin' and then watch shrub whine in post race.

Has anyone ever had a better start in their first year in Cup?

But not by much...Jimmie Johnson started with the same number of top tens (7) and the same number of poles (2), but had one win and was 7th in points after 11 races.

Just imagine how much better he'd be doing with some Gibbs rear-steer built into his cars. He'd be untouchable.

I wonder if Joe would be willing to trade half a dozen truck arms for one of Rick's collector Corvettes?

Are you still substituting cat meat for veal?

Back
Top Bottom