Chase round 1 - First four out?

Would anyone be interested in doing a chase bracket challenge similar to march madness? I'm thinking like 1 point for every correct guess on who makes it out of round 1, 2 for round 2, etc.

Count me in

Would anyone be interested in doing a chase bracket challenge similar to march madness? I'm thinking like 1 point for every correct guess on who makes it out of round 1, 2 for round 2, etc.
I'd be very interested. Bonus points for picking the race winners maybe?

I had Stewart being one of the first four out, but I might have to re-consider. Homestead is on my birthday this year (Nov. 20th), and the last two times the Homestead race fell on my birthday, Tony Stewart won the championship.

McMurray sure don't get a lot of respect. I see him making round 2
c1123c52d17dfef23581f20cb8d6418f00b115cdeb054431bef0214d9a7d6dc2.jpg

I had Stewart being one of the first four out, but I might have to re-consider. Homestead is on my birthday this year (Nov. 20th), and the last two times the Homestead race fell on my birthday, Tony Stewart won the championship.
Yeah, there's nothing like solid statistical analysis to support a prediction :rolleyes:

Allright! Let's go chasing! Race time!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

AuzGrams, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, as I noted earlier, you needed to specify four names. No wild cards or 'someones'.

racer8, I'll get you added.

AuzGrams, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, as I noted earlier, you needed to specify four names. No wild cards or 'someones'.

racer8, I'll get you added.

McMurray. Didn't know you were doing something with this so it's probably too late.

Buescher
Dillon
Stewart
McMurray

Nobody managed to predict all the 4 drivers (Buescher, Larson, Stewart, McMurray) but everyone managed to predict at least one correct driver.

3 predictions right:
34R7H34UND
blanston
Bucky Badger
Charlie Spencer
Conner
donthaveanickname
FordRacing7
Get that 88 up there!!!
Javier
jsw926
Team Penske
ted@economy
Wilson89
Yogisd1
AuzGrams

2 predictions right:
ancienthacker
Bowtie3
DRSpeed
jasn88cubs
JimmieGordon2448
Larsonfan1995
LewTheShoe
MRM
racefan41
Reck
ToyYoda
UpNorth
racer8

1 prediction right:
Blaze88
LouieLouie
sprinterv6
*Weaver*

Last edited:
I've always had a problem in this version of the Chase in that they reset the points after every elimination round.

There's really no reward for doing well in the previous rounds, eh ?

Interesting that without resetting the points it would be a damn close, good old fashioned, points race when you might have thought that Truex would have a whompin'ass big lead after having two wins and a top 10 in the first three Chase races.

http://www.jayski.com/stats/2016/pdfs/29dov2016points.pdf

meanwhile . . .

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings.html

Anyone know how many they eliminate in round 2 ? And how about reseeding those four losers back into the grid ? Danica would move up 2 spots , I think .

Anyone know how many they eliminate in round 2 ? And how about reseeding those four losers back into the grid ? Danica would move up 2 spots , I think .
4 out on each round, 3 races per round

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

And no reseeding of the eliminated teams. They'll all finish between 5th and 16th. That's the purpose of the huge points bonus they get when the Chase starts: to completely separate them from the rest of the field for the rest of the season.

Dillon, Kurt Busch, Edwards, Hamlin.

Kurt Busch, Dillon, Hamlin, HarvicKarma.

A lot of people are counting Dillon out. Maybe I'm bias, but I wouldn't. He was very solid at these next three tracks in the spring. Averaged a 7th place at Charlotte, Kansas and Talladega. He's been pretty good on 1.5s and as good as anyone on plate tracks this season.

Back
Top Bottom