CHASE talk goes here ----

Hearing ESPN failed to place el biddo...
Yeah, thanks for caring....

They better fix this - again - I don't mind Happy Harvick winning - but to have Jeff left out of the final race due to an aggressive move by Brad (which I don't blame him for either) is absurd.

C'mon NASCAR - do you have any sense at all?

A guy is "LEADING" the chase and then gets knocked out by one move with three laps left in one race?

NASCAR will have to do something for me to care anymore about the "Championship". I'll be their with bells for the Daytona 500 - but as far as the "Chase" goes - it is immaterial to me.

(JMHO)

fox / nbc signed 10 yr $8.2 bill contracts ......starting '15 .......clearly aware of ratings hx.
don't think any minimum rating clauses nascar has ta meet ...have been disclosed . or have they?

ie.----they get paid same w/ 2.7 / 2.8 / 2.9 ..... or 3.9 .......etc

butts in seats ........whole nuther story !
we'll see how new daytona investment works out.

in a few years...maybe ole bobby ford can watch race sittin in hot tub w/ babes overlookin track ? :D

They better fix this - again - I don't mind Happy Harvick winning - but to have Jeff left out of the final race due to an aggressive move by Brad (which I don't blame him for either) is absurd.

A guy is "LEADING" the chase and then gets knocked out by one move with three laps left in one race ?

NASCAR will have to do something for me to care anymore about the "Championship". I'll be their with bells for the Daytona 500 - but as far as the "Chase" goes - it is immaterial to me.

(JMHO)

maybe by next year.....24 crew will learn what a flat tire looks like. ??
need ta change it 1st.

Thats easy. There are WAY more Nascar fans in the U.S. than there are F1 fans.

Or maybe its because NASCAR is on ESPN and has lower ticket prices? (Not sure about last part). Living in the US, I have no idea what channel F1 is on, so I've never been able to get into it on a viewership level.

But who knows for sure...

Or maybe its because NASCAR is on ESPN and has lower ticket prices? (Not sure about last part). Living in the US, I have no idea what channel F1 is on, so I've never been able to get into it on a viewership level.

But who knows for sure...

Even if you knew the channel, you'd have to be up at all hours of the night to watch a bunch of races live lol. Honestly there's just more Nascar exposure here. There's a race any given weekend, in any given U.S. state, filled with drivers that for the most part, are from the U.S. Not to mention, the racing in my opinion is much more exciting with Nascar than it is in F1. Sure the cars are much more advanced, handle much better, and go much faster. But that doenst always equal better racing.

NASCAR vs F1 in USA compared to the rest of the world is like comparing NFL to MLS compared to the rest of the world. This is America. We use the standard number system instead of the metric!! :salute:

America has never been F1's biggest target market and it never will be. As long as they sell out COTA every year they don't have anything to worry about.

America has never been F1's biggest target market and it never will be. As long as they sell out COTA every year they don't have anything to worry about.

not gonna look it up.....but f1 tv #'s worldwide down a bunch this yr too.

not gonna look it up.....but f1 tv #'s worldwide down a bunch this yr too.
Don't know this year's numbers yet but they've been going down for a while.

2008: 600 million global audience/18 races = 33.3 million/race
2009: 520 million/17 races = 30.6 million/race
2010: 527 million/19 races = 27.7 million/race
2011: 515 million/19 races = 27.1 million/race
2012: 500 million/ 20 races = 25 million/race
2013: 450 million/19 races = 23.7 million/race

Vettel killed 2013 and the move in many countries from free TV to pay TV has hurt a lot too.

It's not good news but those numbers are far better than most other sports get.

F1 is just fine, even with declining numbers they still have huge ratings. All motorsports ratings are going down, people just need to accept its a niche sport like golf, tennis, and even MLB now

F1 is just fine, even with declining numbers they still have huge ratings. All motorsports ratings are going down, people just need to accept its a niche sport like golf, tennis, and even MLB now
NASCAR is about on par with hockey as far as the overall sports landscape. The last races of the Chase and the Stanley Cup Finals had pretty similar ratings.

if ya think nascar chase debate got heated on forum here......
........wait til they announce final 4 for college football playoffs !
bet those football forums will be smokin !

if ya think nascar chase debate got heated on forum here......
........wait til they announce final 4 for college football playoffs !
bet those football forums will be smokin !
YEP. Especially after today. :D

A guy is "LEADING" the chase and then gets knocked out by one move with three laps left in one race?

(JMHO)
The problem is Jeff keeps trying to race JJ on restarts and never gets it done. In his arrogance, he doesn't think anyone else has the right to race him. He did the same thing to Clint when both he and JJ had old tires and Clint tried to make it 3 wide. For that he comes back on the track and takes out a chase driver. As far as I am concerned, I hope he gets taken out every year.

It wasn't an aggressive move by Brad, it was a dumb move by Jeff.

The problem is Jeff keeps trying to race JJ on restarts and never gets it done. In his arrogance, he doesn't think anyone else has the right to race him. He did the same thing to Clint when both he and JJ had old tires and Clint tried to make it 3 wide. For that he comes back on the track and takes out a chase driver. As far as I am concerned, I hope he gets taken out every year.

BURP

To me Jeff shouldn't have been that worried about racing JJ to get the lead, but instead should have worried about the guys behind him. Brad did make an aggressive move, but had to, to have a chance of advancing. Jeff made the dumb move of racing JJ and not protecting his position which left the opening that Brad went for and Kevin would have gone for in a heartbeat. Funny that Jeff didn't have a problem with Newman making an aggressive move that bumped Jeff out but still can't get over Brad's aggressive move that was because of Jeff leaving a opening.

To me Jeff shouldn't have been that worried about racing JJ to get the lead, but instead should have worried about the guys behind him. Brad did make an aggressive move, but had to, to have a chance of advancing. Jeff made the dumb move of racing JJ and not protecting his position which left the opening that Brad went for and Kevin would have gone for in a heartbeat. Funny that Jeff didn't have a problem with Newman making an aggressive move that bumped Jeff out but still can't get over Brad's aggressive move that was because of Jeff leaving a opening.
Look up some older threads guy's. We've beaten this dead horse to a pulp.

dead_horse_zpsqpe5gcrx.gif

Brian France: No changes to Chase format in 2015

France was a guest on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Tuesday afternoon and was asked if he anticipated any tweaks or changes to the format. Here is France's answer:

“No, I don’t. We’re obviously pleased with everything. And there may be some adjustments down the road. They’ll be very small. Nothing, for ’15, nothing anybody would notice. But if we can make an already great thing better we will always look at that but we are very content that we have the right positioning of elevating the drivers to have moments as I just described, and then also balancing this whole thing in auto racing, which is very difficult to balance, which is how do you balance winning and consistency? And they don’t necessarily always go together. And how do you have any kind of a championship run that represents that? I think we’ve done the best job that we think we can do to balance that.”
Link

balancing this whole thing in auto racing, which is very difficult to balance, which is how do you balance winning and consistency? And they don’t necessarily always go together. And how do you have any kind of a championship run that represents that?
Link

spot on !

Back
Top Bottom