Chicago RACE thread

I think you are talking about Larson, but I could be mistaking, I was talking about Busch and I remember he led at the start of the race, he started on the pole but after the first pit I didn't think he led very much after that point. Larson came from the back and popped up front at about the 3/4 mark and there was hell to pay after that point at the front.
My bad :dunce:

It's not. If Nascar just lets this go then it's another black eye in my opinion.

Lets what go? The pit official would have to be blind not to see someone pulling that out. I'm not sure it's even an advantage to have the skirt up like that.

It's not. If Nascar just lets this go then it's another black eye in my opinion.
Just catching up on the side skirt saga from yesterday. So funny, in the old car, Pitcrew was instructed to knock the whole fender
in front of the tire 2 "flare" it out 4 downforce. last year I took a pic of the Hendrick cars at PHX with their skirts all flared out like that. I'll have to dig for the photo. It's usually a lot of times from running on the apron hence it happened at PHX.

Therefore, it can be intentional in pitstops which ALOT of teams have done for years. Or a product of running on the apron. Not news IMO. Lastly it isn't news but it does warrant an explanation to curious fans. Hence my last few tweets. Hope that makes it easy to understand!

What did they do with the real Kyle Busch ?? I bet they have him locked up in a cage somewhere
Kyle Busch doesnt get excited about a seventh place car, guys were passing him like he was in 3rd gear :rolleyes:
I am not saying that there havent been improvements but maybe to little to late
When your highest finish in the previous 6 races was 14th, it was probably pretty easy for him to get excited about a 7th place car.

With this point system, it doesnt matter. All hes, or anyone, has gotta do is steal a win every 3 races... Or atleast stick around in the top 5

I get your point but wins are not easy to "steal" with a 10th place car, Kyle managed one win this year and it was with about a 10th place car. Thing may be looking up at JGR and thats all good but its not going to be easy to deal with the 2-4-24 and others that bring it every week

Looks like after all this time, he has finally become the New and Improved Kyle Busch. ;)

No Gregory he has not .......................... There never has been and never will be a "new Kyle Busch" its obvious that somebody must have threatened his life or something, Kyle Busch DOES NOT praise a 10 th place car ...................... a 10th place car is like a race horse with 3 legs or an eagle with one wing.
Kyle Busch is a winner, he doesnt know anything else

they started medicating him.... finally

He might have been happy about the horsepower increase from his chase spec engine he brought to the first chase race.
Revman told us months ago that this would be the case, you remember that dont you ???

I get your point but wins are not easy to "steal" with a 10th place car, Kyle managed one win this year and it was with about a 10th place car. Thing may be looking up at JGR and thats all good but its not going to be easy to deal with the 2-4-24 and others that bring it every week
Yeah it sure is harder to win in the cup series than in the nationwide & trucks aint it? :p

No Gregory he has not .......................... There never has been and never will be a "new Kyle Busch" its obvious that somebody must have threatened his life or something, Kyle Busch DOES NOT praise a 10 th place car ...................... a 10th place car is like a race horse with 3 legs or an eagle with one wing.
Kyle Busch is a winner, he doesnt know anything else
This is all very true, but as other people and some of the drivers have already pointed out, with this new format, you don't have to win to advance to the Homestead Bowl. Winning is helpful, but not necessary.

It's hilariously ironic because some of the people that praised the new format were happy about the death of conservative, so-called points racing. Well, guess what, peeps? It's baaaaaaaaack. Somewhat, anyway.

This is all very true, but as other people and some of the drivers have already pointed out, with this new format, you don't have to win to advance to the Homestead Bowl. Winning is helpful, but not necessary.

It's hilariously ironic because some of the people that praised the new format were happy about the death of conservative, so-called points racing. Well, guess what, peeps? It's baaaaaaaaack. Somewhat, anyway.

Total points for 36 races and crown the champ ...................... the ONLY format that is acceptable to me
No bells ,whistles or gimmicks can replace good hard racing

How long did it take Brad to win a truck race ??? If it was easy he would have done it
This isnt about brad. This is about kyle.

Apparently as of late, having enough talent to dominate in the lower series but not enough to be competitive in the top series.

Lets what go? The pit official would have to be blind not to see someone pulling that out. I'm not sure it's even an advantage to have the skirt up like that.

Yank off the tire and bump the skirt on the way, a monkey could do it

This isnt about brad. This is about kyle.

Apparently as of late, having enough talent to dominate in the lower series but not enough to be competitive in the top series.

The talent is there Chex but in this modern age of racing talent is not enough. I am sure you are aware that the worlds most talented smoothest most mature unbelievable talent driver ever is a team mate of Kyle Busch, yet he hasnt been in the winners circle all year, I firmly believe that this is due to a lack of performance from the JGR race cars, furthermore I will not allow you to irritate me so quit tryin :D;)

wait til contender round 2.

Waving the white flag already? It's only the first race. :idunno:

SCCA_Atlanta_Nationals_white_flag.jpg

What's the benefits from having a bent side skirt? Wouldn't that hurt you more than help you? And for how long was it like that and how?

I dont see what the big deal is here.

better not wait too long w/ conversion !
pro-chase bandwagon tickets get more expensive as we approach homestead . :D
I told y'all already - I will never budge on this. See this face right here? This is me listening to all the Chase hype I've been hearing. :mellow:

A great man once said, "watch the race, eff the Chase." That man was me.

I told y'all already - I will never budge on this. See this face right here? This is me listening to all the Chase hype I've been hearing. :mellow:

A great man once said, "watch the race, eff the Chase." That man was me.

Wait................... arent you the guy that voted for ######### :D

Keselowski's big weakness is the 4 chase tracks he's never won at are the last 4. The Eliminator round, with M'ville, Texas and Phoenix, will be tough for him.

I think he is good enough to win at any of those three on the right day, well at least two of the three.
He also raced Jimmie hard at Texas in 2012, with only a two tire stop late in the event to get track position. He almost made it work, and did some great driving I was impressed in spite of the second place finish.

Brad seems to have his head back in the game, and that is bad news for the rest of the field.
He is a thinking man's driver, and when he is on his game he is incredibly resilient in the high pressure situations.
I am not a gambler, but if had to bet on this year's chase winner, I would pick him.

What's the benefits from having a bent side skirt? Wouldn't that hurt you more than help you? And for how long was it like that and how?

I dont see what the big deal is here.
Possibly more downforce, or he can use it to cut down a competitor's tire lol. He won the race so it obviously wasn't hurting him.

With all of the BS changes that Brian has made to the sport in the past decade, I'm just thrilled to see a talent like Kyle Larson breathe a little life into the sport. Kyle Larson battled with (arguably) the best driver (Gordon) in the Cup Series today and came up a little short. Larson also beat 6-time, KyBu, KuBu. Harvick. Matt, Jr., Kasey, etc. at a 1.5 that he never raced at.
I like what I see in Kyle Larson.

Amen, The boy has got the stuff. Fun to watch. If he has a car that can run up front he will take it there. It was great fun watching Larson and Gordon go at it clean and close.

ESPN’s Chicagoland rating a 2.3 with 3,711,000 viewers - last year rain delayed 1.7 rating, averaging 2,689,000 viewers

Top NASCAR cities Sunday 1 Greensboro NC; 2 Greenville SC; 3 Birmingham Al; 4 Indy; 5 Norfolk Va; 6 Raleigh-Durham NC; 7 Charlotte; 8 Knoxville, Tenn.; 9. Nashville, Tenn.; 10. Tampa-St. Pete and Orlando, Fla.

Last edited:
ESPN’s Chicagoland rating a 2.3 with 3,711,000 viewers - last year rain delayed 1.7 rating, averaging 2,689,000 viewers

Top NASCAR cities Sunday 1 Greensboro NC; 2 Greenville SC; 3 Birmingham Al; 4 Indy; 5 Norfolk Va; 6 Raleigh-Durham NC; 7 Charlotte; 8 Knoxville, Tenn.; 9. Nashville, Tenn.; 10. Tampa-St. Pete and Orlando, Fla.
Probably not the opener that NASCAR wanted.

Excluding both last year and 2011 — when the race was postponed to Monday due to rain — this year’s race ranks as the lowest rated and least-viewed from Chicago since NASCAR debuted there in 2001. As recently as 2006, the race had a 4.2 and 6.8 million on TNT.

Again excluding rainouts, the 2.3 rating is also tied as the second-lowest ever for a Chase For the Cup race. Only the 2012 races from Loudon and Dover (2.2 each) drew a lower rating. ESPN has now aired the 22 lowest rated Chase races.

Back
Top Bottom