clint bowyer will not finish out the hear at hscott (my prediction)

jasn88cubs

Team Owner
they way he has been flipping out he will just refuse to race or they will can hiss ungrateful butt

todays meltdown

“I’ve never been with such a (expletive) unprepared (expletive) team in my life,” Bowyer replied via team radio. “It’s a (expletive) joke. No power steering. (Expletive) put this in the truck and go home.”

If I were him I would've either bought a good trucks or Xfinity ride for the year, or sat out all together and ran my dirt team till next season

they way he has been flipping out he will just refuse to race or they will can hiss ungrateful butt

todays meltdown

“I’ve never been with such a (expletive) unprepared (expletive) team in my life,” Bowyer replied via team radio. “It’s a (expletive) joke. No power steering. (Expletive) put this in the truck and go home.”
I agree that he sounds ungrateful...... He should thank his lucky stars that he is in his current position. I like Clint but it seems he maybe doesn't appreciate the fact that he only has to finish out the year where he is to step into the car he wants. Maybe he should step out of it for the rest of the year and work minimum wage jobs to get his head and attitude straight . A reality check seems in order for him.

That's why I'd like to see him and the whiners who make millions a year work a job like the rest of us....... they would gain the appreciation that they lost while trying to score a good ride........

Clint could probably quit right now and never have to work a day in his life. It would've been cool to see Clint take a year off and work in the Xfinity booth. A lot of coaches in other sports do that in between gigs, it would've recharged his batteries and increased his profile a bit.

This is when you know who's who.

Kurt got exposed in the same way. If you dont hand these bad ass drivers an excellent piece to drive they go on a serious meltdown.

I think this behavior is abhorrent and shouldn't be tolerated. Even if the cars suck supremely, those guys still put an obcene amount of hours preparing the cars. So for drivers that couldn't even cut it in decent rides to go on angry tangents is really rich.

He's prolly got a rash.

I'm sure it'll clear up.

Bowyers a wheel man he'll be fine next season. 8 wins and finished 2nd in points with 3 wins for MWR. That's all you need to know

RCR and MWR are 2nd tier teams. He makes the chase almost every year and is consistent. Could do a hell of a lot worse

Agreed. Every year of his Cup career he has finished with double digit top 10s, and let's not forget there's a good chance he wins the Cup in '12 if a certain incident (which was far worse than Spingate) doesn't happen.

So he's not a hall of Famer. Doesn't mean he's not a good driver
You said RCR was a 2nd tier team and Boywer was a wheel man.
I provided evidence that RCR is a competitive team when you have a wheel man in the car.
Clint doesn't have top tier skills.

I provided evidence that RCR is a competitive team when you have a wheel man in the car.

So if you're not Kyle Busch or Jimmie Johnson you're not a wheel man? There's plenty of other good drivers out there, doesn't mean they're of the tier of Jimmie Johnson. He makes the chase almost every year, has never had less than double digits in top 10s, and has won at every type of race track. Honestly this debate is kind of pointless until next year because this season is a wash but he has already equaled Justin Allgaier's top 10 total for 2 years with the team in 8 races lol

Dale Earnhardt is quite possibly the greatest driver ever, of course he won a lot lol. Since about 2008 on bowyer and Harvick have been the only guys to have any success with that team. Newman pointed his way into the final four, and Dillon is doing alright this season, but they're not close to what they were in early 2000s and 1990s.

It could just be that we have a different opinion of "wheel man."
For me it's a guy that can win with something that doesn't look good at the beginning of the day. Of course, it takes good cc communication.
A wheel man can get penalized, start at the rear and drive through the pack, to the front.
I just don't view Clint as that kind of driver.
JMO.

It could just be that we have a different opinion of "wheel man."
For me it's a guy that can win with something that doesn't look good at the beginning of the day. Of course, it takes good cc communication.
A wheel man can get penalized, start at the rear and drive through the pack, to the front.
I just don't view Clint as that kind of driver.
JMO.

Fair enough. We both have the same favorite driver so you know how I view winning haha. But I also respect guys that can get consistent finishes with average equipment. Kyle Larson should take notes from Bowyer to see how he should be performing with a 2nd tier team. Get the most out of it you can every week, and when you have a chance to win, get er done

Will all respect to him, Dale Earnhardt has been gone for 15 seasons. Harvick left in, what, 2009? 2010? I don't think pointing to their performance years ago demonstrates anything about the current competitive status of RCR.

Don't think he ever went off like that with MWR....and MWR sucked.

Boywer said that it was a bit if a huge change. "Going from 15 different engineers to only 1." HScott is still pretty small, but with the Hendrick engines and chassis from SHR it would make a huge difference. It will, but it will take time and he's hungry. Clint has not won in almost four years and he's fustrated that MWR went out on such a crappy note, it will be later on in the season where their performance will keep up.

He just has to trust the process.

I understand Clint's frustration but he really needs to keep his pie hole shut as he made the decision to take a temporary ride with a third rate team while waiting on the 14 seat to become available. If he is that concerned about his ride maybe he could forgo some of his compensation and allot it to the organization to make it better.

In fairness to Clint HScott as of now might literally be the slowest cars in the field. An 8 time winner in cup and Nationwide champ being in cars that get lapped by lap 11 would frustrate any driver IMO. I think a lot of the frustration is the fact that he kinda got screwed over by the whole Smoke 25th place retirement tour so he has to drive a Dunebuggy for a whole year. And to top that off smoke was an idiot and got Himself hurt for a third of the year. Might as well have just put Clint in the car

My thing is we have heard driver's fustration for a long time.

Why use Clint as an example?

JMO but I think anytime a driver (wealthy millionaire) rags on his pit crew or team something is always said about it as most people don't appreciate it even if what the driver (wealthy millionaire) said has merit.

In fairness to Clint HScott as of now might literally be the slowest cars in the field. An 8 time winner in cup and Nationwide champ being in cars that get lapped by lap 11 would frustrate any driver IMO. I think a lot of the frustration is the fact that he kinda got screwed over by the whole Smoke 25th place retirement tour so he has to drive a Dunebuggy for a whole year. And to top that off smoke was an idiot and got Himself hurt for a third of the year. Might as well have just put Clint in the car

I get what you are saying but I think it is hard for the average Joe to think of Clint as being kinda screwed about anything given the fact that he has a 6 figure salary direct deposited into his checking account each month.

Clint has always been underrated by the fans. He's a solid top 15 driver who has proven capable of competing for championships and wins in the past.

I can't lie though, I'm dumbfounded how awful the HScott teams have been in 2016. I thought Clint going there with sponsorship would ascend them into the top 15-20 consistently. Instead it appears the bottom has fallen out. They've been outrun by nearly all the backmarkers thus far. Even the BK Toyotas have made more progress.

That said, his poor attitude isn't gonna make his #15 Chevy any faster. HScott is a young team still trying to gain footing at the Sprint Cup level. They will pick it up over the second half of the schedule.

How did you isolate the problem to the drivers? How are you differentiating between the portion of the overall performance that is the drivers' contribution from the hardware?
It seems like when Kevin left, the wins stopped coming. I agree, the team matters.
Kevin was getting wins at RCR, Clint was not.

Back
Top Bottom