CMT - NASCAR: The Rise of American Speed

Bump for those that may not have seen this thread.

It's only a 3 part series that looks like it will be some great viewing for any NASCAR fan.

Yes. I was referring to the link for the article.
Well, at least the most important part of it will be available to you.

There should be some way to mask/change your IP address to hide your location. Maybe that way the links would work. I had to do something similar last year on a trip to Toronto. I couldn't even watch my on DVR fro there through Dish Network's app until I made it think it was still in the US. I was using Firefox and one of their apps to mask the ip.

I am illiterate so those steps are to much trouble for me. Sponsors who block
Canada from anything Nascar need to review their policies. Tunnel vision employees is my guess.

Well, at least the most important part of it will be available to you.

There should be some way to mask/change your IP address to hide your location. Maybe that way the links would work. I had to do something similar last year on a trip to Toronto. I couldn't even watch my on DVR fro there through Dish Network's app until I made it think it was still in the US. I was using Firefox and one of their apps to mask the ip.
When we went to Canada year before last we turned our phones off. When we crossed the border we got texts from Verizon with a list outrageous out of country charges even though we have unlimited calls and texts. It was kinda nice being disconnected for awhile. :D

For those that are interested in a little more detail regarding those early days should pick up a copy of He Crashed Me So I Crashed Him Back.

Very good read about the early days IMO. About $15.

Watched it the other night. Extremely informative and very well done. I can do without all the in-car shots of actors in front of a green screen though. Just show me the old footage! Can't wait for Pt. 2

LeeRoy Yarbrough should get in the Hall of Fame for punching Bill France.

Nitpicking, but Cale Yarborough never had that much hair.

Watched the first 2 parts and it's compelling TV. I didn't know that NASCAR was strict with their guidelines even back in the day as far as what teams could do with their cars. I was also surprised to see that Bill didn't want drivers with an outlaw image, instead I thought that was commonplace back then. But I guess that was more the pre-NASCAR days.

When we went to Canada year before last we turned our phones off. When we crossed the border we got texts from Verizon with a list outrageous out of country charges even though we have unlimited calls and texts. It was kinda nice being disconnected for awhile. :D

I HATE Verizon.

I have unlimited talk and text in the Canada and Mexico with AT&T.

Back
Top Bottom