Comparison: Matt and Dale Jr.

:lol: :lol: I thought so. <_< (Funny)

Seriously, Jr's rebound after Vegas WAS impressive and even the most anti-JR factions should admit that fact. To keep pressure on Matt that's what it's going to take. I just hate these stupid new rules---otherwise I think it would go down to Kenseth and Jr for the Nextel Cup. But with the new title-crap, you never know any more.

I agree with you on the new rules, but thats another story. :angry: :bslfag:

Yes Jr. won today but take a look at who is still #1 in points.

Every driver gets critisized, the ones who got their face the media all the time usually get it more. Is there some reason why an exception should be made for him Jr.

I'm not a Jr fan but I certainly don't hate him and have no problem admitting that he's good driver. What I don't buy is the downhome, shy boy who delivers your newspaper act that he puts on. Some people have it all handed to them and to tell you the truth - it shows. I hope none of Jr's fans take this personally because it's not meant that way. Just an opinion.

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Mar 15 2004, 08:23 AM
Every driver gets critisized, the ones who got their face the media all the time usually get it more. Is there some reason why an exception should be made for him Jr.

I'm not a Jr fan but I certainly don't hate him and have no problem admitting that he's good driver. What I don't buy is the downhome, shy boy who delivers your newspaper act that he puts on. Some people have it all handed to them and to tell you the truth - it shows. I hope none of Jr's fans take this personally because it's not meant that way. Just an opinion.
:rolleyes:

I was more impressed with Jr.'s 5th at Rockingham...a driver's track and a place he has always struggled than with his win at Atlanta. I'm not sure how much of a factor the new tire compound and lower spoiler played in at Atlanta as much as it did at Vegas since the banking is quite a bit lower at Vegas. Matt mentioned something about having to adjust mechanical grip at Vegas to make up for the softer tire. I'm assuming he met the set-up, shocks, springs, etc...something Jr.'s crew really missed the boat on in Vegas.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Mar 17 2004, 12:54 PM
I was more impressed with Jr.'s 5th at Rockingham...a driver's track and a place he has always struggled than with his win at Atlanta.
Me, too, 17 Fan. That track has always eaten Junior's lunch in one way or another. I would have been happy with a top 10. A top 5 is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom