Congrats to Jimmie Johnson!!

Great, now you get to treat the rest of the season as a test session.

good job JJ, all is right in nascar the man in victory lane is wearing a bowtie.

B_DL_WbVAAEJRzc.jpg

WTG JJ. Congratulations to Jimmie Johnson, team, HMS and fans.
checkbanana.gif

Jimmie will be in the 90s within the next 3 years.

He will probably pass David Pearson for 2nd in all time wins, (or 3rd counting all of Kyle Busch's nascar wins).

If a person was trying to explain why JJ and Chad are one of the top teams ever today's race would have been another in a long line of perfect examples.

The 21st century King of NASCAR is back, good for Jimmie.

too early to say that the evil empire is back, but congrats.

As much as it pains me to say it, congrats is deserved. He held off a strong Harvick multiple times.

Well, JJ can tie or pass Sr this season on the winlist with 5 or 6 more wins... Congrats to the 48...

rpm_g_jjts_600x400.jpg

Jimmie Johnson started near the back after failing to get in a qualifying run due to inspection issues, but eventually pulled away at Atlanta for his 71st career victory.

Last edited:
If a person was trying to explain why JJ and Chad are one of the top teams ever today's race would have been another in a long line of perfect examples.

This. At the drop of the green, he had about a third place car. (He was that good from the green), but got sent back a few times. Harvick had the car to beat. My gut was telling me he wouldn't win, since I believe only two drivers have swept the weekend at Atlanta. I just assumed it would be a 2 tire vs 4 tire thing, cause Harvick clearly had the best car. But around lap 200 when Jimmie ran down Kevin, and passed him, and just took over the second half of the race..well there it is. No one is better at keeping up with the track than Chad. He knows exactly what Jimmie wants out of his car. When Jimmie is dialed into a car that's set to his liking, he's near unbeatable.

Back
Top Bottom