Could Newman be out?

FenderBumper

The "good old days" ??
Matt Weaver‏@MattWeaverSBN 29m29 minutes ago
The No 31 car was found to be too low on the rear on both sides. The No. 2, 5 and 20 going to R&D. Newman is 27 points to the good postrace.

Holy crap. Just what we needed.

He shouldn't be tossed. But start him with a minus.

I guess. Too low at Talladega is a big deal, and RCR has done it before in the chase.

I doubt it. Not unless they decide to dock him an obscene amount of points.

Depends. They could hit him for each side of the car being low. If nascar feels it changed the outcome for Khane, that's what they will do.

The fact they took 5 to R&D says something. Next one up.

ok, let em take 6 points away

Wow. Would NASCAR ever create an additional playoff spot for an HMS car? I bet that would create quite a stir.

It's RCR.

Need I say more? I guess they could care less. With a paydriver, pap's grandson, and a now average journeyman.:sarcasm:

He was still out. Truex bumped him. So yeah both Newman and Gordon were written in.
Newman had the race won to get in outright till spingate. then points deduction, and Newman made in on his points. Jeff was given his position in, a difference in my opinion.

Newman had the race won to get in outright till spingate. then points deduction, and Newman made in on his points. Jeff was given his position in, a difference in my opinion.

Gordon was in before the spin by quite a few points so he, too would have made it on point.

From Jayski

"Newman's car will be examined by #nascar. Per the 2014 rulebook, it seems it could be a P3 penalty, which would be a 15-point deduction."
A penalty such as that would not affect Newman's Chase standing. It also bears noting that Newman was among those involved in today's crash at Lap 102 of 188, so that could play into how NASCAR decides this matter, too.(NBC Sports

Gordon was in before the spin by quite a few points so he, too would have made it on point.
i get it...but Gordon got a position added...13 teams instead of the 12 it was suppose to be. but i get what you're saying.

From Jayski

"Newman's car will be examined by #nascar. Per the 2014 rulebook, it seems it could be a P3 penalty, which would be a 15-point deduction."
A penalty such as that would not affect Newman's Chase standing. It also bears noting that Newman was among those involved in today's crash at Lap 102 of 188, so that could play into how NASCAR decides this matter, too.(NBC Sports
So it would be kind of like Bowyer's '13 Richmond penalty, where he's docked points but isn't docked any points.

If they dock Newman this week but dont dock anybody else any other week for the fender flares, that'd be some serious bull****.

Newman was written in, Gordon was
He was still out. Truex bumped him. So yeah both Newman and Gordon were written in.
i get it...but Gordon got a position added...13 teams instead of the 12 it was suppose to be. but i get what you're saying.
50757844e120efcd666b22c301d76073.jpg

If they dock Newman this week but dont dock anybody else any other week for the fender flares, that'd be some serious bull****.

I think the skirts will show up next week, they didn't want skirts this week. I don't think they will do much if anything to Newman unless a some of the control arms or rear end stuff was moved around

NASCAR doesn't change the finishing order, post race infractions get penalties. Edwards won a race with a car that didn't pass inspection and took a fine and points penalty but he retained the win. I've only seen one driver have his win demoted and that was done immediately at the race.

NASCAR doesn't change the finishing order, post race infractions get penalties. Edwards won a race with a car that didn't pass inspection and took a fine and points penalty but he retained the win. I've only seen one driver have his win demoted and that was done immediately at the race.

Ricky Rudd at Sonoma?

Depends. They could hit him for each side of the car being low. If nascar feels it changed the outcome for Khane, that's what they will do.

The fact they took 5 to R&D says something. Next one up.

Was the 5 the random?

I call for an unprecedented points penalty enough to remove him from the chase and put the driver who was 9th after Talladega, and should of been in into the chase.

I call for an unprecedented points penalty enough to remove him from the chase and put the driver who was 9th after Talladega, and should of been in into the chase.

Why do you feel that way? ;)

Newman was in a wreck, so he probably wont get a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom