Cup RACE thread --- Chicago

Agreed. Been very impressed with him. Nothing against Gordon at all but I wish he was driving all the races until the end of the season.
Yeah, Gordon doesn't even have a top 10 finish in the 88. He's embarrassing himself and taking away valuable experience from Bowman by racing it.

I know it's awful of me but I am so frustrated. Kurt had pretty much a crap car all fricken day long.

Ok, I'm more than frustrated, I"m pissed.
Lisa that Link will be good for the Sonoma IRL race also. Starting soon

Lol, the speed was a fluke?

image.png
image.png

Yeah, Gordon doesn't even have a top 10 finish in the 88. He's embarrassing himself and taking away valuable experience from Bowman by racing it.
To be fair, Gordon is outscoring his teammates in points while in the 88.

But I agree to have Bowman in for the remainder.

I did not see the race but I understand that a tire got loose on pit road and triggered a caution but it didn't the week before in the X race but it did at the Glen last month. Is that correct?

I did not see the race but I understand that a tire got loose on pit road and triggered a caution but it didn't the week before in the X race but it did at the Glen last month. Is that correct?

There is no pit wall at C-Land. It probably could have waited but that was NASCAR's justification.

Do you like anyone or anything to do with this sport?

I like Truex, but I'm sick of NBC repeating this same story every week. We all know the story. Sherry beat cancer, Truex wins for her, everybody's happy, yadda yadda.

I'm starting to really get turned off to NBC's coverage.

Hearing that Truex "barely failed". Whatever TF that means. I want to see the automatic advance dropped atleast. What a bunch of bull****.

Won't happen.

I was probably the biggest defender of the new Chase format. But, it's time to go back to the drawing board.

I suggest expanding the Chase even more. 36 races and 40 drivers. :growl:

I like Truex, but I'm sick of NBC repeating this same story every week. We all know the story. Sherry beat cancer, Truex wins for her, everybody's happy, yadda yadda.

IDK who Sherry is but I am glad she beat her cancer and NBC broadcasts suck.

It's not disrespect towards Sherry, not by anyone.

People get mad at ABC every year over the annual Indianapolis 500 Wife Watch. It's not because they hate the wives.

IDK what kind of Race programming you are watching but I see most of the cup races including the Indy 500 and have never heard of Sherry or a wife watch.

You feel good about this post?

IDK who Sherry is but I am glad she beat her cancer and NBC broadcasts suck.

Everyone's glad she beat cancer.

But, apparently getting tired of being reminded about it every five minutes makes you a bad person who loves cancer and hates women. :rolleyes:

Everyone's glad she beat cancer.

But, apparently getting tired of being reminded about it every five minutes makes you a bad person who loves cancer and hates women. :rolleyes:

Can't answer my question? Do you feel good about the post?

My mother is a 2-time cancer survivor and the first time she saw it being pushed as a story (around the time of the 600) she said it rubbed her very wrong.

Making it public is one thing, promoting it to induce sympathy and a sense of "feel good" with the viewers is another. If I were Sherry I personally wouldn't want it talked about every single time.

You feel good about this post?

And here comes the leader of the Toyota fanboy brigade to tell me how I'm a terrible fan because I don't need to be reminded every five minutes about Sherry's battle with cancer.

While at it, I think we should remind everyone every time Kyle Busch leads a race how he was injured a year and a half ago and how he's the greatest athlete in the history of ever of all time because he won the championship.

Or we can be like ESPN was when they covered IndyCar and remind everyone that Danica's a woman whenever she's on the screen.

It's totally redundant to keep bringing it up every five minutes at this point, and goes to one of NBC's biggest problems this year, which is their repetitiveness and how their coverage seems so scripted. Everybody watching knows the story. Everybody already likes Martin Truex, Jr. and Sherry Pollex.

My mother is a 2-time cancer survivor and the first time she saw it being pushed as a story (around the time of the 600) she said it rubbed her very wrong.

Making it public is one thing, promoting it to induce sympathy and a sense of "feel good" with the viewers is another. If I were Sherry I personally wouldn't want it talked about every single time.

This argument makes me puke. She's working for awareness. Board is reaching a new low. Pathetic. Seriously.

And here comes the leader of the Toyota fanboy brigade to tell me how I'm a terrible fan because I don't need to be reminded every five minutes about Sherry's battle with cancer.

While at it, I think we should remind everyone every time Kyle Busch leads a race how he was injured a year and a half ago and how he's the greatest athlete in the history of ever of all time because he won the championship.

Or we can be like ESPN was when they covered IndyCar and remind everyone that Danica's a woman whenever she's on the screen.

It's totally redundant to keep bringing it up every five minutes at this point, and goes to one of NBC's biggest problems this year, which is their repetitiveness and how their coverage seems so scripted. Everybody watching knows the story. Everybody already likes Martin Truex, Jr. and Sherry Pollex.

I just asked a question you can't answer. Think about it man. Since you are on a first name basis with her, how do you think Sherry would respond to your post?

This argument makes me puke. She's working for awareness. Board is reaching a new low. Pathetic. Seriously.
Awareness? Really? One in every what, 3 people will at some point face cancer in their lives and you think awareness is an issue? Laughable.

I was simply sharing a story from someone who personally beat cancer. Not once, but twice, and how they perceive the whole thing as an outsider to the sport. And also as someone who couldn't have cared less to have been acknowledged for it publicly.

So puke away.

Awareness? Really? One in every what, 3 people will at some point face cancer in their lives and you think awareness is an issue? Laughable.

I was simply sharing a story from someone who personally beat cancer. Not once, but twice, and how they perceive the whole thing as an outsider to the sport. And also as someone who couldn't have cared less to have been acknowledged for it publicly.

So puke away.

Okay, man. Okay.

How come I can't find any posts about Harvick racing Truex and his post race interview--or lack thereof? Objective observers are absent apparently.

How come I can't find any posts about Harvick racing Truex and his post race interview--or lack thereof? Objective observers are absent apparently.

What's Harvick got to do with the price of tea in China? You're trolling now.

I don't even know what Harvick did. I watched the final 15 laps of the race, that was it. And only did that because I haven't subscribed to RedZone yet.

What's Harvick got to do with the price of tea in China? You're trolling now.

I don't even know what Harvick did. I watched the final 15 laps of the race, that was it. And only did that because I haven't subscribed to RedZone yet.

Yah, okay. Goodnight man.

Enough of this bickering about Sherry. If you don't like the story about her beating a terrible disease, then ignore it.
It is not necessary to beat each other up, make derogatory remarks, or otherwise be snotty to each other.

Yes, her story is inspiring. It may give hope to those women, and men, who are fighting this particular cancer. And, yes, men
can have it, too.

Please, it you can't contain your snarky remarks, take them private or to The Podium.
I'm going to assume some of you either got up on the wrong side of the bed, someone pissed in your Cheerios, or you've been over-doing the adult beverages --- benefit of the doubt and that jazz.

But , please quit this inane arguing.

Chase will get his win soon. Happy for truex, happy to see Harvick all sad, sucks to see Larson have a bad day, Bowman did great, anddddd I see no problem with NBCs coverage. It was a good race. Just enjoy watching it people.

Back
Top Bottom