Cup RACE thread -- Sonoma

Old Tony smacked him pretty hard that's a big drivers side dent....he wasn't taking any chances.

I better not see a single complaint about debris cautions in the race ratings.

Reactions: Bob
1nanner.gif
1nanner.gif
1nanner.gif

I wonder if Tony is gonna make it to VL before Monday

Now thats cool, Kurt sitting there in VL with Tony

Big question when Tony bumped Denny and he tapped the wall why didn't he get involved too ?

cool for tony but man that felt so rigged. hamlin wasn't even mad at all either

so it looks like second year in a row a driver is getting into the chase that didn't even start all the races. what a sham this playoff system is

denny hamlin is in love with tony stewart

Big question when Tony bumped Denny and he tapped the wall why didn't he get involved too ?

I think he hit him "just right" - notice the big dent where Hamlin's front tire was on the impact was just perfectly behind Tony's front tire. Karma or just plain old racing luck.

As someone with self hating problems I'm going to feel for Hamlin this week.

As someone with self hating problems I'm going to feel for Hamlin this week.
I still can't believe stewart got back around him. The guy runs 109 laps on the markers and with a healthy lead he goes wide on the final turn. naaa

I still can't believe stewart got back around him. The guy runs 109 laps on the markers and with a healthy lead he goes wide on the final turn. naaa
Smoke was pouring from his right front. He was worried about Tony hitting him back and over drove it.

cool for tony but man that felt so rigged. hamlin wasn't even mad at all either...

Yeah, but if it was really rigged Hamlin would have just stayed behind Tony and would have said he was getting loose or something late in the run. It was real Hamlin was likely not mad because he knew he screwed up and went into that last turn too hot and locked up the front tire just to keep control (although he denied that - we all saw it). Hamlin messed up and gave Tony an opening and Tony just took it.

Hamlin made a mistake. Simple as that. No freaking way Hamlin or anyone in the field would give that away.

Yeah, Denny made a mistake. No question.

I think TRL pretty much called it (above)...Hambone just wanted to keep Tony from getting to his back bumper in that turn since he figured Tony would spin him. In so doing he went in too "hot" and messed it up worse....anyway..."racin deal". Now we will see if Tony can get into the top 30. That's actually not a given.

Thanks for messing up the last turn Hamlin, it keeps me from eternally hating you.

Back
Top Bottom