Dale Earnhardt Jr.

"I like to see my doctor and learn as much as I can...and the progress that we're making," says @DaleJr who adds he feels fortunate for the level of care that he has."

DaleJr would like to get in a racecar once cleared, maybe a late model or whatnot, and run for a day, before he deals with a race weekend

"When I went to see Dr. Petty for the first time in 2012 and he set me up with the guys in Pittsburgh, the process was to get better and get back to racing," says @DaleJr who is surprised he's missed this many races. "I didn't think this was that serious. It got to the point where I didn't need to be in the race car."

@DaleJr

Was nervous to do it, but I'm glad I came to @WGI today. It was cool to visit with friends. From fans to media, teams, and drivers.

Eh, I think if he says "I want to keep racing but the doctors won't let me" then it at least sounds better to the fans like he actually tried. It saves face for when he announces his retirement.

Jr is a race car driver and he'll do what it takes to get back into his car. I expect he'll work to get back into his car. I'm sure he's contemplated his future. I suspect he's set some sort of bar for when he will retire.

Based on the classic "not much at all," my gut is telling me that Jeff Gordon doesn't want to run Michigan with the "low-low" downforce rules (that he has never driven). I don't blame him.

I could see Jr sitting until after Talladega.

He would only have Martinsville, Texas, Phoenix, Homestead until Daytona.

Allenbaba said that Jr. would retire because of this medical issue.

Bootie Barker might know something, but not until I hear from the horses mouth himself. The medical team would have already said something about him retiring or recommended him to.

That it's a lot more serious than he's letting on?

Possibly, but I really think he does not want to give up just yet.
A week ago he talked about being anxious when he's out of the house and he looked it.

A week ago he talked about being anxious when he's out of the house and he looked it.

True, I do remember that.

Never know, but it would suck to see him leave earlier than he wants. I've gained a lot of respect for him over the past couple of years, kind of grown into a fan of his. Driving at a high level, his personality, and his love for the sport has made me open up to him a bit more.

If he does recuperate from this injury, the chances of him having another wreck and concussion are extremely high. I would simply hate to see him walking around and losing his memory and acting like a 12 year old. It just isn't worth the risk. He has too much to live for without going back to racing as a driver.

Wild guess here, don't hold me to it, but I think maybe he replaces DW in the booth in the next couple years. Or maybe join the NBC crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they should stop with the two week announcements. All it does is ramp up the speculation again.

No reason to try and return this year. HMS is junk. Come back next year in shape.

Back
Top Bottom