Dale Jr., "I rested on my legacy and last name"

I am thinking Dale will be a player in NASCAR for many years to come. He has learned some lessons that will carry over well after his driving days are finished.

The ownership landscape like it or not will change a lot in the next few years. Hendrick, Penkse, Rousch, Childress, Petty etc are all probably in their 70s or close. Among the current drivers aside from Stewart, nobody that I think will remain involved and invested will be better positioned than Dale Junior to become one of the new forces.

I think his biggest watch out will be the buisness side. He is nice guy. He would make a great track owner imo. He loves the history and could keep it pure, he wouldn't have the cookie cutter mentality, but getting into that inner circle is probably impossible.

That's a fair point. A lot of today's owners are getting up there. We're likely on the edge of a major shift of ownership in NASCAR.

I expect Dale Jr. to eventually bring JR Motorsports to Cup. Not sure when, but he will.

@BobbyFord, @FenderBumper, and @Reck: Fender originally came up with the idea of just watching NASCAR for the individual races and ignoring the championship. It sounded better than my plan, which was to give up on NASCAR entirely, so that's what I decided to do, and eventually I came up with the quote. In my eyes, it's the unofficial credo of the anti-Chasers, and as such, it belongs to all of us. :)

I said it before, but you have to admire this revised focus.

He's 40 years old, but I'm pretty sure he can win a championship still. Sometimes we all need that much needed rekindling of a fire in his belly. Letarte definitely did that for him and the last couple of years really show that renewed Jr. Screw the expectations of others because he never will be his father, Dale Jr is his own man wanting to create his own image. I like this and his honesty, demeanor, and overall professionalism.

Dale Jr is so hard not like, it makes you want to find a reason to hate him.
The bolded perfectly describes why I'm a Junior fan. You took the words right out of my mouth. Well said.

Back
Top Bottom