dale jr, never seen anyone lose more close races

So the main conclusion from this thread is some people don't get how fast Harvick was Sat. night, and some think Jr. don't run hard because he don't act like it, some think they can or could drive a cup car and I'm tired and ignoring this for the rest of this evening. ;)
There's a lot of fast sumbeeches on this forum that never got their shot....

So the main conclusion from this thread is some people don't get how fast Harvick was Sat. night, and some think Jr. don't run hard because he don't act like it, some think they can or could drive a cup car and I'm tired and ignoring this for the rest of this evening. ;)

It's really too much for my pea sized brain to handle . Harvick's having a wonderful year running outside the top twenty (and worse ) ; Junior not having a great year running inside the top five (and better ) . What kind of racing is that ? Harvick should lose his damn job if he doesn't finish top ten in Hendrick equipment . You can bet that he isn't happy with his year so far and he shouldn't !

Hey what if these same outlooks were taken on the DP thread. If you ain't happy with Harv, or Jr. this year well she ain't got any chance. LOL

Not every race can be a Nationwide race.:D
Thanks Mike :rolleyes:

Literally LOL'd :D

you know there is always some reason or another, my point is for whatever reason there seems to be a reason why the wins don't happen. I went back and watched busch craven again. The tracked raced EXACTLY then that it did last night. The key is keeping the guy behind you off 4 by whatever means necessary. trying to pass in 1 and 2 means someone is probably going to wreck. The same thing was going on back then craven was quite a bit faster in that race just like harvick. JR made a huge mistake leaving the outside open coming to the white, if jr keeps harvick behind off 4 by blocking or whatever he holds the lead until they get back to 3 and 4 coming to the checkers. I know thats a tall order but it should have been the attempted plan.

It seems like the last few years the drivers racing for wins are avoiding contact. I am not saying wreck a guy to win, but a busch craven finish could have been last night too.

That crossed my mind at the end of that race... The difference I think though was the tires.. If it wasn't immediately after a GWC and they were both on worn, tired tires like Craven and Busch, it could have been different.. In the closing laps of that race those cars were all over the place.. They were gaining ridiculous amounts of time on each other each other, even when the other wasn't in the wall haha. I think Jr knew he didn't have a chance, just like Gordon the week before... Or neither of them care. Whatever :D

Regardless, the reason that finish doesn't happen anymore is NASCAR's habit of fabricating 'good' finishes.

As far as the subject at hand... Jr has seriously impressed me the past couple years. I had completely written him off and was the farthest thing from a fan. I am proudly eating crow and would love to see great success for that dude. He's driven, talented, and his confidence is higher than it's been in 10 years probably. I'm still not buying a shirt though. That merch trailer don't need me.

Last edited:
Literally LOL'd :D

That crossed my mind at the end of that race... The difference I think though was the tires.. If it wasn't immediately after a GWC and they were both on worn, tired tires like Craven and Busch, it could have been different.. In the closing laps of that race those cars were all over the place.. They were gaining ridiculous amounts of time on each other each other, even when the other wasn't in the wall haha. I think Jr knew he didn't have a chance, just like Gordon the week before... Or neither of them care. Whatever :D

Regardless, the reason that finish doesn't happen anymore is NASCAR's habit of fabricating 'good' finishes.

As far as the subject at hand... Jr has seriously impressed me the past couple years. I had completely written him off and was the farthest thing from a fan. I am proudly eating crow and would love to see great success for that dude. He's driven, talented, and his confidence is higher than it's been in 10 years probably. I'm still not buying a shirt though. That merch trailer don't need me.

That Mike is a real hoot, a hoot and a half on a good day :rolleyes:

LOL!

Do it. I have two Gordon shirts and a couple of his hats, among other things. I only recently got out of the terrible habit of buying, like, everybody's gear. That's one of the potential side effects of rooting for the entire field.

Most snake bitten drivers I've seen, kasey kahne, dale jr., mark Martin, and the labonte bros. what do they all have in common? Way to nice at the end of races

LOL!

Do it. I have two Gordon shirts and a couple of his hats, among other things. I only recently got out of the terrible habit of buying, like, everybody's gear. That's one of the potential side effects of rooting for the entire field.

Lol I remember in 2011 at Texas I even bought Paul menard gear :rolleyes:

LOL!

Yes in Vegas this year I acquired a Kyle Busch cap, a Logano shirt and a Edwards jacket!

I've gone loopy.....:cuckoo:
In San Fran last year some guy pointed out to me that I had on a Blue Jay tee and a Padres cap.....guess its all sports.

Most snake bitten drivers I've seen, kasey kahne, dale jr., mark Martin, and the labonte bros. what do they all have in common? Way to nice at the end of races

Yes, failure to close. No killer instinct like the winners. Nice guys finish 2nd or last. Look at Chase Elliott.....if Jr drove like that, he could kick butt in almost every race. He's capable, but feels like he don't have to. Too much money in the bank Ha Ha

Fact is, Jr is probably having the best year of any of the drivers. Only one driver has more wins than Jr and no driver has more seconds. To me, his team is currently the best-of-the-bunch. Most of the teams would love to be running as good as Jr currently is running.

Fact is, Jr is probably having the best year of any of the drivers. Only one driver has more wins than Jr and no driver has more seconds. To me, his team is currently the best-of-the-bunch. Most of the teams would love to be running as good as Jr currently is running.
True dat........Yes. That one DNF is dragging him down

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say jr could have created a busch craven moment. study how darlington races, thats why its my favorite track, its so interesting on how to get around the track quickly. the passing there happens in 3 and 4 and often times OFF 4 during the race, the passing OFF 4 is done because the guy lets you going into 1. You can see what happened when craven tried to pass in 1 and 2 both cars actually crashed but weren't damaged enough to not continue. I still contend if jr is able to somehow block harvick coming to the white off 4, he maintains the lead till they come back to 3 again. you can't pass a car in 1 and 2 unless the guy lets you OR its the first lap of a restart or something like that. If he could have blocked or door slammed coming to the checkers, it just gives you a shot to win. I don't see killer instinct in Jr and it makes me sad. I always think what I would do as a driver, wins don't grow on trees.

I still say jr could have created a busch craven moment. study how darlington races, thats why its my favorite track, its so interesting on how to get around the track quickly. the passing there happens in 3 and 4 and often times OFF 4 during the race, the passing OFF 4 is done because the guy lets you going into 1. You can see what happened when craven tried to pass in 1 and 2 both cars actually crashed but weren't damaged enough to not continue. I still contend if jr is able to somehow block harvick coming to the white off 4, he maintains the lead till they come back to 3 again. you can't pass a car in 1 and 2 unless the guy lets you OR its the first lap of a restart or something like that. If he could have blocked or door slammed coming to the checkers, it just gives you a shot to win. I don't see killer instinct in Jr and it makes me sad. I always think what I would do as a driver, wins don't grow on trees.

I think if Jr was blocking Harvick or door slamming him... Harvick would have dumped him at some point on the final lap. lol

Maybe Jr. Figured that might be the case.... Already got a w, take a 2nd and move on..

Harvick dumps people. Dale jr. isn't known to... that is lack of killer instinct.

I think if Jr was blocking Harvick or door slamming him... Harvick would have dumped him at some point on the final lap. lol

Maybe Jr. Figured that might be the case.... Already got a w, take a 2nd and move on..
So once you get your win in this new format you can points race til the eliminators :D

I still say jr could have created a busch craven moment. study how darlington races, thats why its my favorite track, its so interesting on how to get around the track quickly. the passing there happens in 3 and 4 and often times OFF 4 during the race, the passing OFF 4 is done because the guy lets you going into 1.
Cant go any further than that. Jr on two tire, nearly impossible to block Harv with 4. Harv could have dropped down to the low side as Jr slid up to put up the block, and still blow by him. If Harv doesn't decide to drop down, he definitely moves the 88 out of the way coming off of 2. Those 4 tires are way too fast at Darlington.

Harvick dumps people. Dale jr. isn't known to... that is lack of killer instinct.
I agree with the bolded. The rest, not so much.

I don't understand how not dumping people equates to a lack of killer instinct, and quite a few of you seem to have that mentality on here. Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Matt Kenseth are generally squeaky clean guys that never dump people. Look how many wins they have. Would anyone dare claim that any of those guys don't have the killer instinct that it takes to win races? Heck, look at Kyle Busch. Sure, he has dumped people before, but as much as he gets villified by fans, he never really dumps people for wins - only when he feels like he's been wronged. I don't think anyone would say that he doesn't have killer instinct.

As far as Darlington goes, Harvick's car was much faster than Junior's. End of story. The only way Junior wins that race on the second G-W-C is if he just flat out wrecks Harvick. Apparently that's what some folks wanted him to do (not necessarily you, DUN). I can only imagine the uproar on this forum that would have taken place had he actually done that. He would have been crucified by everyone but the die-hard Harvick haters like @Kyle18fan. @AndyMarquisLive would have had an absolute field day with him. LOL.

I don't understand how not dumping people equates to a lack of killer instinct, and quite a few of you seem to have that mentality on here. Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Matt Kenseth are generally squeaky clean guys that never dump people. Look how many wins they have. Would anyone dare claim that any of those guys don't have the killer instinct that it takes to win races? Heck, look at Kyle Busch. Sure, he has dumped people before, but as much as he gets villified by fans, he never really dumps people for wins - only when he feels like he's been wronged. I don't think anyone would say that he doesn't have killer instinct.

As far as Darlington goes, Harvick's car was much faster than Junior's. End of story. The only way Junior wins that race on the second G-W-C is if he just flat out wrecks Harvick. Apparently that's what some folks wanted him to do (not necessarily you, DUN). I can only imagine the uproar on this forum that would have taken place had he actually done that. He would have been crucified by everyone but the die-hard Harvick haters like @Kyle18fan. @AndyMarquisLive would have had an absolute field day with him. LOL.
4 tires vs 2 at Darlington on that last pit stop has always been kind of a no-brainer. On Jr's last pit stop Steve called for 4 tires. As soon as the car was stopping in it's pit stall Jr. made the call to take on 2 tires only. Who knows what would have happened had they taken on the 4 like Harvick?

Dump the jerk Junior :D

Nothing wrong with a second place finish when you have nothing for the leader.

4 tires vs 2 at Darlington on that last pit stop has always been kind of a no-brainer. On Jr's last pit stop Steve called for 4 tires. As soon as the car was stopping in it's pit stall Jr. made the call to take on 2 tires only. Who knows what would have happened had they taken on the 4 like Harvick?
Yeah, it's tough to say what would have gone down had he taken 4 tires. I can understand the thought process behind the gamble, though. Regan Smith won a few years ago by not taking tires at all on the final restart. Plus, Johnson beat Junior at Dover last year on two tires. And then on top of that, the new points system has put a premium on winning, which makes playing the strategy game even more tempting.

Junior's car wasn't as good as Harvick's even on equal tires, though. Had Junior taken 4, Harv may have come off of pit road before Junior and then just eaten Johnson up on the restart. If Junior had come out before Harv, perhaps he may have been able to hold him off long enough for Johnson to steal the win. Or perhaps they would all have wrecked trying to get around Johnson, which would have set up a third G-W-C.

Honestly though, I think Harvick wins that race on the second G-W-C regardless. As good as that car was, I don't think Junior or anybody else would have been able to hold him off without wrecking him.

Back
Top Bottom