Damage No Big Deal

H

HardScrabble

Though much was made of it, Len Wood says the damage done to the #21 Ford by Harvick and crew is not that big a deal to fix. The car should be ready today to make the trip up to Hnew Hampshire for this weekends race.

Not necessary, but no big deal. And it is not the damage that got the #29 crew members suspended, it is the act of causing even minor damage to another teams car.

The damage, while limited to small areas of the car, will require repair in the body shop. Len Wood said Sunday afternoon that the hood and cowl needed to be replaced and that the right, front fender needed repair before the car could be prepared for the upcoming New Hampshire International Speedway event.

The damage, which Wood described as “no big deal,” was incurred when team members from Kevin Harvick’s team decided that the Motorcraft Ford would make a better doormat than race car. “It didn’t need to happen,” said Wood, disappointment clear in his voice, “What happened after the race didn't need to happen.”

Wood said the car was getting attention Sunday and would go to the body shop Monday. He hoped to have it back in the shop Tuesday morning so he could have it ready to leave for the long trip to New Hampshire.

It's always funny how what was the end of the world two days ago is now not such a big deal, isn't it?!? Hmmmm.... :wacko:

They're lucky they didnt get anymore damage during the race the way it was going.

I kind of wonder about the Wood brothers using the same car at NH as they ran a Richmond. I would think that they would have had another car in the shop set up and ready to bring north.
Planning to run the same car two week ends in a row?
Not to mention the differences in track configuration or engines and car setups for them.

Bring the car home on Sunday, tear it down, clean, inspect, rebuild and replace all the mechanical components, straighten the body and repaint it. All in time to make it to NH for Thursday.

Come on guys, nobody in the top series has done that for years. Or at least none of the competitive teams.

From what I understand it is a one-off chassis specially engineered for a track like NHIS. It was run for the very first time at Richmond. I get the impression the Richmond run was more or less to shake the design down and gain a little familiarity with it. The team was very surprised at well it ran.

Gut feeling, though not confirmed anywhere, is that this some R & D design they are working with Roush on.

Bob I think you hit the nail on the head when you said COMPETITIVE. The Wood Bro. haven't been competivive in years.

Back
Top Bottom