Danica

F

fastfordfan

Danica will run Coke 600; skip Indy 500: Danica Patrick has added the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway to her 2012 Sprint Cup schedule, eliminating any possibility she will run in the Indianapolis 500. "I'm not going to do the Indy 500,'' the former IndyCar Series driver said on Monday to kick off the 2012 Sprint Media Tour. "I hope to do it in the future. Maybe it'll be a double. But at this point in time, after a lot of conversations, it's just going to be the Coke 600. It's going to be a big challenge.'' Patrick, who is running a full Nationwide Series schedule at JR Motorsports and part-time Cup schedule for Stewart Haas Racing as she makes the transition from open wheel racing to stock cars, said it was a business decision to run NASCAR's longest race that is held on the same day as the 500 in May.(ESPN)(1-23-2012)

I just read.....

Danica Patrick "has feeling" she will be running Prelude to Dream at boss' Eldora Speedway this year, admits she's "scared to death" about it.

Good to see Danica putting her NASCAR priorities first, I respect her more now knowing shes not just half-assing it. She sounds pretty pissed from interviews i have read but i think it is the right move.

I realize that Danica needs to concentrate on her Nascar career, and I think she is making the best decision at this time, but I am also a little sad that she will not be competing in the Indy 500. She is always fun to watch in that race, and I think she still has a good chance of winning that race. Plus there are very few Americans left competing in the Indy500, and now there is one less

I think Danica isn't wanting to be in the Indy500 because if she did she would have to drive for Andretti racing. In a couple of years she won't have to deal with Andretti racing and can drive as an independent. Also I'm sure she feels a lot safer driving in NA$CAR. This is JMO btw.

Has she EVER been happy?

2 years ago at Loudon, on the 8th lap, Morgan Shepard got tangled up with Danica, and took her out of the race. For a moment, I thought Dale Jr. was unleashing a profanity laced tirade on the scanner, but realized it was Danica. Not very ladylike.
My wife has not liked her since then,after listening to her on the scanner.

A deal couldn't be reached, WTF! It's Indy. I mean I know I'm a NASCAR man first through & true but the deal is that she's not fulltime in the Cup series this season so another run at Indy should well have been in the cards. It IMO should've been done right after her schedule for 2012 was announced back towards the end of the 2011 season. A deal couldn't be done, it's the Indy 500 man, she's got enough money from other endoresments and whatever, i'd drive for free if I was her. If I actually won the race i'd ask Roger if I could sit in Rick Mears 1989 Pennzoil Z-7 and have my pic taken in it...

A deal couldn't be done, it's the Indy 500 man, she's got enough money from other endoresments and whatever, i'd drive for free if I was her.

the indy 500 has lost much of it's stature since the irl split. yes, it's still the indy 500 but the indy 500 isn't what it use to be. danica is making the right move. if nascar is her future then she should be putting all her racing effort into nascar. she's still a rookie and has to prove herself deserving of a cup ride.

Last year , she was criticized for not putting her Nascar career first .This year it's about not running Indy?

I wonder if Wheldon's death has had any impact on her decision?

If she feels her future is with na$car that's where she should devote her time and energy.

I wonder if Wheldon's death has had any impact on her decision?

If she feels her future is with na$car that's where she should devote her time and energy.

No doubt it did. I believe it was shortly after her last Indy car race she tweeted "next time you see me in a race car, it will have a roof".

I knew this was coming and I dont like it. I am going to miss seeing her there this year. The month of May will not be the same, nor will the Indy 500 this year.

Danica doesn't fit the IndyCar mold of being fan friendly. One thing I really enjoyed about IndyCar was how open it was and how open the drivers were to the fans. Danica and Dario were the exceptions.

Likely good for both series. She isn't an Indycar driver anymore so she needs to stay dedicated to Nascar. As for the Indycar series looking at the field of drivers this up coming season I would say they have arguable the best field in range of talent in the last 15 years despite her and sadly Wheldon as well.

Back
Top Bottom