Danicas 500

My problem is , no matter if she is a 25th place driver or a 35th pace driver , every thread has to be infected with Danica hate . Very few of us believe that a 25th place driver deserves the amount of attention that she gets on this forum. Start a thread about peanut butter and see how long it takes for the Danica hate to infect it .The simple fact is , that this is still a male dominated redneck sport and women need not apply.
I'm not sure this is just a Danica problem. If this were a Kyle Busch or Jimmie Johnson thread, there would probably be hate peppered throughout as well. I wasn't on this forum then, but I remember not so long ago on other forums when every Dale Jr thread turned into a bash session back when he was struggling. Just insert "because of his name" instead of "because she's a woman", and it was pretty much the same thing.

You know ted, he is right. Stand has mentioned that he is a follower of Simona De Silvestro on indycar threads and hopes she does well. Hes not a Patrick fan, simple as that.

The part of being a fan or an anti-fan that confuses me is the blindness it can induce. I never cared much for Rusty Wallace but I know he was a great driver and to see him dominate on some short tracks and RC's was very impressive.

Obviously I was a big Harry Gant fan but I know he was just an honest journeyman driver who got the most out of what he was given. Could he have gotten better results if he had started his career at a younger age and drove better equipment? Maybe but he didn't so the point is moot.

My problem is , no matter if she is a 25th place driver or a 35th pace driver , every thread has to be infected with Danica.
I've never understood the obsession with her to the point where someone has to constantly express their displeasure with her. While I'm not a big fan of sticky threads, it sure was nice to have most all of the Danica talk posted in one area. Why can't a single Danica thread exist in the regular section like all the other drivers?

My problem is , no matter if she is a 25th place driver or a 35th pace driver , every thread has to be infected with Danica hate . Very few of us believe that a 25th place driver deserves the amount of attention that she gets on this forum. Start a thread about peanut butter and see how long it takes for the Danica hate to infect it .The simple fact is , that this is still a male dominated redneck sport and women need not apply.

I think hate is strong word which is used out of context in many instances. I think what some folks forget is that your level of skill or ability to perform in Nascar is always secondary to being able to secure and maintain sponsorship. DP is in Nascar because a sponsor thinks they get a good ROI for the millions they spend funding her team. DP does not need to do anymore then nurture the illusion (delusion?) that she will one day be a driver who regularly competes for top 10 finishes and make the chase. It's the easiest gig going!!!

I'm not sure this is just a Danica problem. If this were a Kyle Busch or Jimmie Johnson thread, there would probably be hate peppered throughout as well. I wasn't on this forum then, but I remember not so long ago on other forums when every Dale Jr thread turned into a bash session back when he was struggling. Just insert "because of his name" instead of "because she's a woman", and it was pretty much the same thing.

I belonged to a forum where one member crucified Dale Jr ad nauseum regardless of what the thread was about. Most Dale Jr fans ignored him but it did upset others. I suggested that he have his own thread to bash Jr. and people could visit it if they liked but it never got off the ground.

I've never understood the obsession with her to the point where someone has to constantly express their displeasure with her. While I'm not a big fan of sticky threads, it sure was nice to have most all of the Danica talk posted in one area. Why can't a single Danica thread exist in the regular section like all the other drivers?

A single thread would be a good idea and another one would be to for everyone to quit speaking of her until she accomplishes something or improves to the next level. The reason there are not threads and topics about Josh McDowell or JJ Yeley is because they don't do anything worth mentioning. It is the same thing with DP yet she is always mentioned lol.

I think hate is strong word which is used out of context in many instances. I think what some folks forget is that your level of skill or ability to perform in Nascar is always secondary to being able to secure and maintain sponsorship. DP is in Nascar because a sponsor thinks they get a good ROI for the millions they spend funding her team. DP does not need to do anymore then nurture the illusion (delusion?) that she will one day be a driver who regularly competes for top 10 finishes and make the chase. It's the easiest gig going!!!

And that's the truth in today's racing in every form, from Cup to NHRA to F-1 and it's a real shame.

I belonged to a forum where one member crucified Dale Jr ad nauseum regardless of what the thread was about. Most Dale Jr fans ignored him but it did upset others. I suggested that he have his own thread to bash Jr. and people could visit it if they liked but it never got off the ground.
I think Jr was catching hell 5 or 6 years ago for the same reason Danica is catching it today: attention disproportionate to performance. And just like with Jr, the only thing that's gonna shut up Danica's critics is improvement in performance.

The comparison between Patrick and Logano, briefly touched on earlier in the thread, is fair. Logano's first eighty three races of cup competition to hers to date. When one ignores insignificant stats such as Logano's single win, seven top fives and about a dozen top tens, the records are remarkably similar.

Their standings in points after their first two full seasons, Logano's average of 18th verses Patrick's 27.5, is of no value for comparison purposes as neither qualified for championship eligibility.

With last year's improvement in every category, not to mention a CC who shares a common language with her, The GoDaddy Girl is certainly poised to win this week end. Weather permitting.

At least it would take away a lot of the ammo.

Just like with the Dale Jr example, 5 years ago it was easy to say "Junior Sucks", but now that he's coming off a 4 win season, not so much.
True, but other forces are at work here.

Fear, for example.

And that's the truth in today's racing in every form, from Cup to NHRA to F-1 and it's a real shame.

I agree and it is a real shame indeed. It would be nice if the same cars were used in the X series and that it could be used as a sort of Triple A training ground to see who could cut it and who couldn't

Why is it so important to bash any driver. If you don't a like a driver say it once and STFU

I think there is a difference between criticizing a driver and outright bashing. Bashing Tony Stewart for being overweight or BKez for having a face that could stop a clock don't really have any place in any discussions.

Your right Skoal but Danica's pictures are another thing. LOL
People can bash her all they want but she is in the top 10 money earners in Nascar.
8th place actually with a total earning power of 13.8 million. That's 7.8 million in salary and winnings
and 6 million in endorsements.

Danica: "How do you like me now boys"

People can bash her all they want but she is in the top 10 money earners in Nascar.
8th place actually with a total earning power of 13.8 million. That's 7.8 million in salary and winnings

Only 6 mill in endorsements? I would have thought it would be a lot more.

Don't count on that.

I think if people were making cutting and critical

Hi, Pete, no question DP can make that cash register sing pretty song

I think Jr was catching hell 5 or 6 years ago for the same reason Danica is catching it today: attention disproportionate to performance. And just like with Jr, the only thing that's gonna shut up Danica's critics is improvement in performance.

I doubt it. There will be all kinds of conspiracy theories about how NASCAR's in the race rigging business (which is why Dale Jr went four years without a win I'm sure) and this and that.

Danica hate is to this board like narwhals is to a sprint cup race.
Poison.

Im a fan but i can and do post about other drivers and subjects. Its fine to not be a fan but dont pollute every thread. I created this one to talk about her 500. I swear sometimes people here are like a scorned wife or husband...you do one thing wrong....not perform in a plate race where u get no help....and everything you have ever done is under a microscope

Danica hate is to this board like narwhals is to a sprint cup race.
Poison.

Im a fan but i can and do post about other drivers and subjects. Its fine to not be a fan but dont pollute every thread. I created this one to talk about her 500. I swear sometimes people here are like a scorned wife or husband...you do one thing wrong....not perform in a plate race where u get no help....and everything you have ever done is under a microscope
I think the Denny incident might have had something to do with her not getting any help. If anybody had pushed her and she lost it, they would have been vilified like Denny was after the Duels. Many of the drivers probably didn't want to put themselves in that position.

I think the Denny incident might have had something to do with her not getting any help. If anybody had pushed her and she lost it, they would have been vilified like Denny was after the Duels. Many of the drivers probably didn't want to put themselves in that position.
Agree and have said as much her own teammate did not help either though seems surprising.

Lets not forget the save she made at speed several times. She got out of the way of several guys who lost motors and dumped oil on the track. As well she got sideways and saved it as well when someone slid in front of her. Shes got the skills. I just hope she can put them into play

A single thread would be a good idea and another one would be to for everyone to quit speaking of her until she accomplishes something or improves to the next level. The reason there are not threads and topics about Josh McDowell or JJ Yeley is because they don't do anything worth mentioning. It is the same thing with DP yet she is always mentioned lol.

You have sickos on here who spend hours researching Danica stats to give a Danica hate report each week . Danica doesn't have to do anything good or bad to warrent the attention . She doesn't have to qualify bad , finish bad , or get involved in a wreck , the hate will be there. McDowell or Yeley get no attention , zero , none . No remote possibility that there could be a gender issue ? None?

You have sickos on here who spend hours researching Danica stats to give a Danica hate report each week . Danica doesn't have to do anything good or bad to warrent the attention . She doesn't have to qualify bad , finish bad , or get involved in a wreck , the hate will be there. McDowell or Yeley get no attention , zero , none . No remote possibility that there could be a gender issue ? None?

I call bull****t on this.

No one and I mean no one is hating on her because of her gender. Get that through your skull dude. Enough with the gender card. You're like a broken record.

A good example of how people here, on this board were giving her praise for doing good at a particular race last year was Kansas.

She did extremely well there and people were giving her credit.

Cant believe I did this but I went back and looked for prove so you can sleep better at night knowing people are not really sickos here, Ted. :rolleyes:

mrreed
Really great race for Danica tonight.

Congrats DanicaFreak. You're a true fan and you deserved it.

sidewayz
Congrats Freak.. You take a lot of crap on here but your girl proved she can hang with the big boys

Dun24
Great run by DP. I think a wide open style track really helps her, the car was on point, and she held together well. It's good to see. Career best finish at a "non-asterisk" race.

And congratulations @DanicaFreak
I know this is like a victory. Enjoy.

Lazyking
Great run for Danica.. to get to third and never really be out of the top ten. Plus she never spun. props Best career finish.

Build on this now and more people will believe in her.

Reck (That's me if you didn't realize yet)
Serve me the plate of crow DanicaFreak, I'm hungry. :D

Didn't think she stood a chance so congrats on that.

SpeedPagan
Nice run for DP tonight, very happy for her and her fans! :)

And so the nice talk goes on for a few pages. I think I get my point across..if not see for yourself.

http://racing-forums.com/threads/all-things-relating-to-danica-new-season.48299/page-75

I call bull****t on this.

No one and I mean no one is hating on her because of her gender. Get that through your skull dude. Enough with the gender card. You're like a broken record.

A good example of how people here, on this board were giving her praise for doing good at a particular race last year was Kansas.

She did extremely well there and people were giving her credit.

Cant believe I did this but I went back and looked for prove so you can sleep better at night knowing people are not really sickos here, Ted. :rolleyes:

mrreed

sidewayz

Dun24

Lazyking

Reck (That's me if you didn't realize yet)

SpeedPagan

And so the nice talk goes on for a few pages. I think I get my point across..if not see for yourself.

http://racing-forums.com/threads/all-things-relating-to-danica-new-season.48299/page-75

I remember that day. Great post.

Here is your last sentence one more time" McDowell or Yeley get no attention , zero , none . No remote possibility that there could be a gender issue ? None?" I think if you look real close, you will see where most of the bashing comes from.

My take on what is going on is limited to my short time here but this is my tuppence. There is a very dedicated and exuberant DP fan here so therefore DP gets spoken of more often then on other boards. In a way the exuberance toward her and praising her for things like saving a car add fuel to the fire as drivers save cars from wrecks every week. In other words no big deal. Add the the coverage she gets from the media and it is very easy to get Danica Patrick fatigue.

If I was a huge JJ Yeley fan and spoke of him ad nauseum, started threads about him regularly and made proclamations like I expected him to win this year I would be laughed out of here and rightfully so. The reason I would be dismissed out of hand is that my utterances toward JJ Yeley would have no realistic basis in fact. It would probably be easier for me to get a second account here so my imaginary friend could post here when he felt like it.

My take on what is going on is limited to my short time here but this is my tuppence. There is a very dedicated and exuberant DP fan here so therefore DP gets spoken of more often then on other boards. In a way the exuberance toward her and praising her for things like saving a car add fuel to the fire as drivers save cars from wrecks every week. In other words no big deal. Add the the coverage she gets from the media and it is very easy to get Danica Patrick fatigue.

If I was a huge JJ Yeley fan and spoke of him ad nauseum, started threads about him regularly and made proclamations like I expected him to win this year I would be laughed out of here and rightfully so. The reason I would be dismissed out of hand is that my utterances toward JJ Yeley would have no realistic basis in fact. It would probably be easier for me to get a second account here so my imaginary friend could post here when he felt like it.

Whoa...so Im to blame for this? :bsflag:

Im a fan and cheer for her like DPK cheers for Jr and @Johali cheers for Gordon. You are out of line.

Here is your last sentence one more time" McDowell or Yeley get no attention , zero , none . No remote possibility that there could be a gender issue ? None?" I think if you look real close, you will see where most of the bashing comes from.

As I have said I do not see any hatred toward DP but what I do see is the fatigue of people having to hear about her so often. I did not see the Narwal commercials but I gather they were cute at first, then bothersome which then turned to completely irritating. Think of DP as a Narwal lol.

Im a fan and cheer for her like DPK cheers for Jr and @Johali cheers for Gordon. You are out of line.

You're not.

There are a few Danica fans on here, not just you. Blaze88 and Stewart Fan come to mind. I'm sure there are more here.

Imo, if you're not a dedicated fan of your driver, you ain't doing it right.

If you took the time to read what I had posted you would realize that I said your exuberance toward DP adds fuel to the fire. That means the problem already existed ergo it is not your fault. In some ways I feel like I am dealing with a group of 13 year girls on these boards as there is an inordinate amount of thin skinned defensive people that must run bawling to their Momma 10 times a day.

I am going to join "Danica Freak" and start saying nice things about her which I have already done.

Together we will out shout the 24 lovers. :angry:

If you took the time to read what I had posted you would realize that I said your exuberance toward DP adds fuel to the fire. That means the problem already existed ergo it is not your fault. In some ways I feel like I am dealing with a group of 13 year girls on these boards as there is an inordinate amount of thin skinned defensive people that must run bawling to their Momma 10 times a day.

I will be the first one to say that some Danica fans cant take a joke. I, am NOT one of them

You're not.

There are a few Danica fans on here, not just you. Blaze88 and Stewart Fan come to mind. I'm sure there are more here.

Imo, if you're not a dedicated fan of your driver, you ain't doing it right.

I believe you can be a race fan without even having a favorite driver. Instead of being focused on one person in each race you can take the event in and like it for what it is. I remember a few years back Kurt Busch put on a clinic at one of the road courses and it was fantastic to watch him hitting his marks and using his brakes as he pulled away from the field. When you are a fan of the race you get to enjoy every event for what it is instead of how your driver fared.

I am going to join "Danica Freak" and start saying nice things about her which I have already done.

Together we will out shout the 24 lovers. :angry:

Pete....you're not putting a salve on the wound here lol

Back
Top Bottom