Danicas 500

I believe you can be a race fan without even having a favorite driver. Instead of being focused on one person in each race you can take the event in and like it for what it is. I remember a few years back Kurt Busch put on a clinic at one of the road courses and it was fantastic to watch him hitting his marks and using his brakes as he pulled away from the field. When you are a fan of the race you get to enjoy every event for what it is instead of how your driver fared.

If you dont have one, sure.

I sometimes watch F1 races for the fun of it. Or because I'm usually up at wierd times. LOL

I will be the first one to say that some Danica fans cant take a joke. I, am NOT one of them

I can say it again and again and again but I feel DP has every right to be where she is in the 10 car. My personal opinion is that she is progressing at a slower rate than what is required to be a top flight driver. That is only my opinion and I may well be wrong about it.

Everyone here knows I'm not a fan of either Busch brother, I don't feel I need to mention it in every thread about them. Same with Danica, I'm not one of her biggest fans but I'm not going to bash her constantly.

If you dont have one, sure.

I sometimes watch F1 races for the fun of it. Or because I'm usually up at wierd times. LOL

LOL, I know what you mean as they have some strange starting times.

My take on what is going on is limited to my short time here but this is my tuppence. There is a very dedicated and exuberant DP fan here so therefore DP gets spoken of more often then on other boards. In a way the exuberance toward her and praising her for things like saving a car add fuel to the fire as drivers save cars from wrecks every week. In other words no big deal. Add the the coverage she gets from the media and it is very easy to get Danica Patrick fatigue.

If I was a huge JJ Yeley fan and spoke of him ad nauseum, started threads about him regularly and made proclamations like I expected him to win this year I would be laughed out of here and rightfully so. The reason I would be dismissed out of hand is that my utterances toward JJ Yeley would have no realistic basis in fact. It would probably be easier for me to get a second account here so my imaginary friend could post here when he felt like it.
I think you're getting @DanicaFreak confused with @SlicedBread22. :D

Sorry Slice, I couldn't resist.

Everyone here knows I'm not a fan of either Busch brother, I don't feel I need to mention it in every thread about them. Same with Danica, I'm not one of her biggest fans but I'm not going to bash her constantly.
But @DanicaFreak will interject dp into every single thread and ask some off the wall question to somehow relate the topic to her.
I think @Skoalbandit33 was on to something with his post.

I believe you can be a race fan without even having a favorite driver. Instead of being focused on one person in each race you can take the event in and like it for what it is. I remember a few years back Kurt Busch put on a clinic at one of the road courses and it was fantastic to watch him hitting his marks and using his brakes as he pulled away from the field. When you are a fan of the race you get to enjoy every event for what it is instead of how your driver fared.
Your post reminded me of this.

you bash I defend. I post things I am happy about. you bash.
I don't bash. Well, maybe I do - I guess it depends on what your definition of that is. As far as I can tell, it means anything that you don't agree with - regardless of how nicely you try to put it.
You interject dp, whether it's even borderline appropriate or not, into every thread. Sorry but it's true.
As for defending - yes, you defend her well against trolls and "haters" but you also call down anybody who simply critiques her in any way. You realize you don't have to respond to every single mention of Danica's name, right?
Sometimes people just want to have a discussion without an interjection of 100% fanboyism.
A candid conversation can rarely be had without you or Ted jumping in and calling everyone a hater or a basher.

Yeah, many races a driver I like is up front but a driver who isn't that popular is catching up I will find myself pulling for the underdog who is giving it all he has to make a pass. watching just one driver doesn't make any sense IMO, but watching the Jr fans get up and leave over the years has been really entertaining. Stupid IMO, but whatever floats your boat.

Everyone here knows I'm not a fan of either Busch brother, I don't feel I need to mention it in every thread about them.

You mig

I don't know what the deal is
I thought NFP was still open.

I am not 100% sure what is going on at NFP but I think they are open but not accepting new members. If accurate it makes no sense as why have a closed forum when only a handful of members participate? Of course why would you jerk everyone's chain by saying you were closing up shortly without giving a reason only to change your mind?

I don't like her cause Bobby Rahal discovered her as a little snot nosed 13 year old go kart racer and mentored her throught to an IndyCar driver and she left his team for the big $$$$ and Andretti as soon as Rahal got her to the top.

Here is your last sentence one more time" McDowell or Yeley get no attention , zero , none . No remote possibility that there could be a gender issue ? None?" I think if you look real close, you will see where most of the bashing comes from.
Yes. McDowell and Yeley are behind all the hate. Those bastards.

Maybe I should start a thread where any NASCAR topic can be discussed except the driver of the 10 car.

I like a bunch of other drivers...Tony, Harv, even JG has worn on me. I post about other things other than DP

It was fixed we had a Danica thread, but we went back to broke for reasons unknown.

Its about time she gets treated like everyone else? It's inevitable that threads about her will pop up from time to time but one entire thread devoted to her is abit much.

I mean, we've seen how certain people here make threads about Gordon not caring and so on. If we had a thread for every single driver, this place wouldn't make much sense.

Its about time she gets treated like everyone else? It's inevitable that threads about her will pop up from time to time but one entire thread devoted to her is abit much.

I mean, we've seen how certain people here make threads about Gordon not caring and so on. If we had a thread for every single driver, this place wouldn't make much sense.
Hell they don't make much sense now. :confused:

I don't bash. Well, maybe I do - I guess it depends on what your definition of that is. As far as I can tell, it means anything that you don't agree with - regardless of how nicely you try to put it.
You interject dp, whether it's even borderline appropriate or not, into every thread. Sorry but it's true.
As for defending - yes, you defend her well against trolls and "haters" but you also call down anybody who simply critiques her in any way. You realize you don't have to respond to every single mention of Danica's name, right?
Sometimes people just want to have a discussion without an interjection of 100% fanboyism.
A candid conversation can rarely be had without you or Ted jumping in and calling everyone a hater or a basher.

I truly do not understand the defensiveness and hyper-vigilance. If I said something like Jeff Gordon is not known for his strong restarts like Kyle Busch or Ron Hornaday it could set off a donnybrook when all I have stated is the truth.

You know, we discuss drivers. But the tricky point is knowing when to say, well...you have your views and I have mine and backing away. I am guilty of it as anyone else.

well when and if she does what she does, takes out certain drivers, this place is going to blow up IMO.just sayin.

And she needs to take responsibility when she does. I dont have green glasses on here. Im a fan.

she hasn't yet IMO, but I don't care about that anyway. I just like to watch the replays and have an opinion. It will be different from yours though. I am not emotionally involved.

she hasn't yet IMO, but I don't care about that anyway. I just like to watch the replays and have an opinion. It will be different from yours though. I am not emotionally involved.

And thats what I like about you. We can discuss. If this were a board of patrick backers it would not be the same

she ain't the first and she won't be the last female to race a car right?
d23a171836d02ff2af985219f3d2a692.jpg

From what you are saying it sounds like it wouldn't hurt if some of the really big driver fans developed more of an interest in the whole series.

You mig

I don't know what the deal is

I am not 100% sure what is going on at NFP but I think they are open but not accepting new members. If accurate it makes no sense as why have a closed forum when only a handful of members participate? Of course why would you jerk everyone's chain by saying you were closing up shortly without giving a reason only to change your mind?
Probably because Dan is a standup guy that hated to see all the 'old' posters lose their 'home'........

From what you are saying it sounds like it wouldn't hurt if some of the really big driver fans developed more of an interest in the whole series.

Umm they already do?

Most of the people here used to be fans of drivers that are no longer on the track.

I dont know where you're getting that we dont enjoy the races for what they are. We do, I mean I do. Cant speak for the rest here but my main guy is Gordon but I also like Carl Edwards and Johnson.

Whenever Gordon is not on the track because he wrecks, I dont tune the tv out or walk out. Will my interest in NASCAR wane after Gordon leaves? Naturally it won't feel the same but I'll watch, maybe not as much but I will.

And to be honest, I have been losing interest in this sport for some time now. Doesn't really have to do with what driver I like. More to do with where this sport is at.

The early 00s ain't coming back. Those were the times. NASCAR peaked around 2005 and it has been a slide since.

Umm they already do?

Most of the people here used to be fans of drivers that are no longer on the track.

I dont know where you're getting that we dont enjoy the races for what they are. We do, I mean I do. Cant speak for the rest here but my main guy is Gordon but I also like Carl Edwards and Johnson.

Whenever Gordon is not on the track because he wrecks, I dont tune the tv out or walk out. Will my interest in NASCAR wane after Gordon leaves? Naturally it won't feel the same but I'll watch, maybe not as much but I will.

And to be honest, I have been losing interest in this sport for some time now. Doesn't really have to do with what driver I like. More to do with where this sport is at.

The early 00s ain't coming back. Those were the times. NASCAR peaked around 2005 and it has been a slide since.
I can't really put my finger onto 1 single thing that has made my interest wane as far as Nascar..... I started watching .... (Wide World of Sports) in about 1964..... read everything I could. My interest faded in the mid to late 70's.... being a Blue Oval fan..... the Wood Brothers and Bud Moore were all that were left to carry the Brand.... Holman -Moody had pretty much exited. I didn't follow much until '85 when that redheaded kid and his brothers surprised the racing world. I enjoyed it immensely throughout the rest of the 80's and all of the '90's..... When Bill Jr. turned over the reins to Brian...... I have lost interest a little bit every year. It has gotten to point where I used to plan my whole weekend around racing. Now..... I listen on MRN when I'm in the garage cooking and have the t.v. on in the house when I pass through to catch a glimpse , but.... if the cell phone rings or I need to go to the grocery store, I don't think a thing about it. I still enjoy discussing and reading about it...... but..... as far as being obsessed...... not anymore. The fun has pretty much waned. I wonder if a lot of folks don't feel the same as me as to why all the stands are being torn down and the ratings slipping. Maybe I'm just tired.

I can't really put my finger onto 1 single thing that has made my interest wane as far as Nascar..... I started watching .... (Wide World of Sports) in about 1964..... read everything I could. My interest faded in the mid to late 70's.... being a Blue Oval fan..... the Wood Brothers and Bud Moore were all that were left to carry the Brand.... Holman -Moody had pretty much exited. I didn't follow much until '85 when that redheaded kid and his brothers surprised the racing world. I enjoyed it immensely throughout the rest of the 80's and all of the '90's..... When Bill Jr. turned over the reins to Brian...... I have lost interest a little bit every year. It has gotten to point where I used to plan my whole weekend around racing. Now..... I listen on MRN when I'm in the garage cooking and have the t.v. on in the house when I pass through to catch a glimpse , but.... if the cell phone rings or I need to go to the grocery store, I don't think a thing about it. I still enjoy discussing and reading about it...... but..... as far as being obsessed...... not anymore. The fun has pretty much waned. I wonder if a lot of folks don't feel the same as me as to why all the stands are being torn down and the ratings slipping. Maybe I'm just tired.

I feel the same way about planning every race weekend and stuff.

I used to soak all that stuff up from practices, to qualifying, to trucks, busch, etc. Nowadays the race itself its enough for me. And like you, if I need to be doing something else then I'd go and do that.

I feel the same way about planning every race weekend and stuff.

I used to soak all that stuff up from practices, to qualifying, to trucks, busch, etc. Nowadays the race itself its enough for me. And like you, if I need to be doing something else then I'd go and do that.
You and I sound like we are on the same page as far as zeal for the sport we loved for so many years.....

Ive actually started watching more...the chase seems to working on me

Nothing wrong with having driver threads, its good to go to your favorite drivers thread and have discussions, bashing drivers in their threads is a no no though. I started a Kyle Busch thread and it turned into a Busch bash thread. You could even start a Jeff Gordon love fest thread and you gordonites could go there and get all gooey and stuff

You're not.

There are a few Danica fans on here, not just you. Blaze88 and Stewart Fan come to mind. I'm sure there are more here.

Imo, if you're not a dedicated fan of your driver, you ain't doing it right.

Thank you Reck

Back
Top Bottom