Darrel Wallace Jr. without a sponsor?

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace/status/559864180690653184/photo/1

Unless the hauler is in the primary stage of getting wrapped and they haven't applied the sponsors onto it yet, it seems like Bubba Wallace is without a sponsor. My only question is, why? I mean he's a proven winner, he's great with the fans and with the media, I always root for him in the Trucks series. I mean c'mon, how can a guy like Bubba Wallace have trouble finding sponsors?

they must be hoping to piece things together as the season goes. The reason he doesn't have anyone is because, most people in the series have some sort of connection to the sponsor. They are either 1) bringing money. 2)bringing money AND a sponsor, or 3) they are a big name driver probably from the cup series. that is how you run in the NXS series now days with few exceptions. heck if you got a sponsor someone will field a car for you.

Kind of a sad state when a talent like Bubba Wallace can't get a sponsor. :(

Unless the hauler is in the primary stage of getting wrapped and they haven't applied the sponsors onto it yet, it seems like Bubba Wallace is without a sponsor. My only question is, why? I mean he's a proven winner, he's great with the fans and with the media, I always root for him in the Trucks series. I mean c'mon, how can a guy like Bubba Wallace have trouble finding sponsors?

Aren't all Roush cars Ecoboost Ford? Funding drivers off of the company book is part of what has been Jack's problem recently.....only he doesn't know it apparently.

What is sad that he can't and Danica can.
image.jpg

Roush has had trouble attracting sponsors for the last 8-10 years. No different here I would imagine.

There's no hauler in that picture?

There's no hauler in that picture?
Yeah, I'm not sure I get it either. His tweet seems to indicate that the hauler is already wrapped and that they are in the process of wrapping the pit box that is pictured. It's probably just a new pit box pictured.

HMS was in the process of wrapping their haulers in pit boxes about two weeks ago. Probably standard practice for this time of the year.

edit..... never mind. when I expanded it after the link I see the hauler pictured.

Is that a cab of the hauler on the right side?

It's either, I'm dumb, it's early, or a tad bit of both haha

Unfortunately in racing, talent doesn't always get a job. A series champion could be out of a ride the following year, it happens in a number of series. There are only a few teams that can develop a driver.

bubba wallace won some races. I like the guy. keep in mind however that in the truck series there is a pretty big equipment disparity the haves are more pronounced than the have nots. I don't look for bubba wallace to set the world on fire in a more competitive series. if he does good for him. thats just my evaluation at this time.

Need to appreciate Jack for what he is doing because a lot of owners would have said no and left Bubba out. If there is no funding, Jack will find something and use his own sponsor or use EcoBoost sponsorship. Buscher had a sponsor by the end of the year last year. Hopefully someone will fund Bubba down the road.

@bobpockrass

Darrell Wallace Jr. said he will go to Daytona intending to run for championship. Need some sponsorship to do all races

Unfortunately in racing, talent doesn't always get a job. A series champion could be out of a ride the following year, it happens in a number of series. There are only a few teams that can develop a driver.

Johnny Benson a CWTS champ, no ride this next year. I know he isn't the first driver that pops in people's mind. But he deserved better.

Hopefully somebody will ink Bubba to a deal.

I bet Bubba is regretting leaving KBM now. I mean sure he wouldn't be in Xifinity series, but he'd at least have a sponsorship.

Bubba will be alright. If he keeps running up front, a sponsor or two will come. Besides, Jack is a loyal dude and will keep him on track as long as he can. Even if it's a part time schedule, it's better than what Gibbs was offering. Which amounted to pretty much nothing.

My thing is all over his website and just about everywhere else says he has backing from Coca-Cola. If it's on the list it must be some type of personal sponsor.

He's going to have to give it all for Daytona and then sees what goes on from there, I mean if he cannot get any sponsors before then. Sad how talented he and another like Jeb Burton is to be struggling for sponsorship.

I bet Bubba is regretting leaving KBM now.
I doubt it. Slapping ToyotaCare on a truck is the same as slapping EcoBoost on a car. The KBM/JGR stable was also already full. Erik Jones, Justin Boston, Matt Tifft, and Daniel Suarez were all confirmed before Bubba decided to leave JGR entirely.

'Bubba' Wallace teaming up with LeBron James' agent

Roush Fenway Racing will have African-American driver Darrell Wallace Jr. work on marketing opportunities with Maverick Carter, the business manager for NBA superstar LeBron James.

Wallace, whose nickname is "Bubba," will compete full-time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series this year if the team can put together enough sponsorship money to fund the car. If not, he will run at least a partial schedule, Roush Fenway President Steve Newmark said Tuesday.

James and Fenway Sports Group have been business partners since 2011. Fenway Sports Group, led by John Henry, is the 50 percent owner of Roush Fenway Racing and owns the Boston Red Sox, the Premier League Liverpool F.C. and a host of other sports ventures.

Newmark said the plan is to market Wallace in venues beyond auto racing.

Read the rest here

Hopefully they find him something, I think he'd be a threat to win the championship if he can get him the funding to run the whole season.

Bubba will be OK, it could be for the best. I don't wish bad luck on anybody, but a fill in driver will be needed sooner or later. Who knows maybe some races in a premium Cup ride.

I'm still not sure just how good Bubba is. Maybe we will see this year when he's not running in the number 1 equipment.

I've kept my mouth shut about wallace jr. because I don't like him or his attitude. And I aint gonna argue about it or expand on it.

One thing I don't understand, there are a lot of colored people in the ball sports, most of them making millions every year.
Why can't they form a charity together and then have that charity support Bubba ????????????

One thing I don't understand, there are a lot of colored people in the ball sports, most of them making millions every year.
Why can't they form a charity together and then have that charity support Bubba ????????????

I still think Darrell Wallace's minority status is benificiary for him, sponsorship-wise.

What is sad that he can't and Danica can.

A sex change, some surgery and some scanty clothing should help him out .................. driving ability is a secondary consideration for lots of sponsors

Are you serious? o_O

Yes. NASCAR has run a program for years to try and bring minority drivers in. Isn't that where Bubba got his chance from?
JG drives a charity sponsored car and I am sure because of who he is and him helping the charity they do quite well.( IMO)

Most Nascar drivers help various charities and many run their own charity.
I don't see why my suggestion is really any different.

I think the Maverick Carter thing might pay off big for Bubba and NASCAR. A lot of attention that has never been paid before.

I do not understand why Bubba should be treated any different than any other American, Why is he special? Why should he be given anything?

What do you mean?

Back
Top Bottom