David Ragan leading candidate to replace Kyle Busch in the #18

Frankly I think I would rather use the hauler driver than David ragan. Here is a thought how about bobby labonte?

Why not get one of the younger heads out of the Roush Xfinity group? I would LOVE to see Buescher in the 34 for a bit and then maybe swap between the younger Roush Xfinity drivers, but that may not be nice for sponsors.
RFR may have the same concern that JGR did with Jones about the potential effects on sponsorship down the road if whoever they put in there didn't perform too well. Getting your first Cup drive in an FRM car probably wouldn't make for a great impression.

I know 10k is a lot of money... But if I'm B-Lab, the money is not what's keeping me out of that 18 car again.

Not sure if anybody's asked this yet, but say Ragan wins a race in the 18 car, then Kyle comes back from his injury in August. Does Ragan go to the chase with the 34 team?

Not sure if anybody's asked this yet, but say Ragan wins a race in the 18 car, then Kyle comes back from his injury in August. Does Ragan go to the chase with the 34 team?
Yes I believe so - I can't remember if I heard it on the radio or TV but if Ragan wins a race and is the top 30 in driver points he can qualify for the chase with the 34 team.

Finding a replacement for Ragan has been an absolute sh*t show. They're now working on option SIX from their original wishlist.

Sounds like Busch will be out most, if not all, of this season if they're recruiting a driver from another team.

Really? Where did you hear this? Who were they?
A lot of the usual suspects. I'm involved in the CSX program, so we need to bless the selection. We wanted a younger driver from the start, but I think they wanted a more seasoned one. We agreed on their first couple of choices, but now we're pushing for who we really want. We'll see how it goes.

A lot of the usual suspects. I'm involved in the CSX program, so we need to bless the selection. We wanted a younger driver from the start, but I think they wanted a more seasoned one. We agreed on their first couple of choices, but now we're pushing for who we really want. We'll see how it goes.
Put Kurt Busch in a wig and fake mustache!

Frankly I think I would rather use the hauler driver than David ragan. Here is a thought how about bobby labonte?
Aw come on now. David Ragan isn't that bad. I put him in the Casey Atwood camp of guys who came up too early and were overhyped.

Joey Logano needs to look at Casey Atwood's career and be VERY thankful that Penske gave him a shot. Atwood spent two years at Evernham before being shipped off to Ultra Motorsports. Had Penske not come calling, that could've easily been Joey.
100% spot on. Logano is the only one of these guys who was brought up too early that actually turned out to be the real deal. He owes Roger big time. "There but for the grace of god" (as John Bradford said) is the only difference between Logano and Atwood, Brian Vickers, David Ragan and Johnny Sauter.

100% spot on. Logano is the only one of these guys who was brought up too early that actually turned out to be the real deal. He owes Roger big time. "There but for the grace of god" (as John Bradford said) is the only difference between Logano and Atwood, Brian Vickers, David Ragan and Johnny Sauter.

I kind of worry about Chase Elliott for the same reason. I give RCR credit for not rushing up the Dillon boys, they each got 2 years in Trucks and Nationwide. I assume Ty will be in Cup next year at least.

Joey Logano needs to look at Casey Atwood's career and be VERY thankful that Penske gave him a shot. Atwood spent two years at Evernham before being shipped off to Ultra Motorsports. Had Penske not come calling, that could've easily been Joey.
If Kurt Busch hadn't cussed out Jerry Punch and if AJ Allmendinger hadn't taken Adderall, who knows where Joey might be now?

I am going to miss Kyle in Xfinity and the trucks. wonder who will the next fool be around here beating up on those poor defenseless Xfinity drivers..Kez? Logano? Harvick? It's just not going to be the same, I like all those drivers.:(

Bobby Labonte would not be a good choice Ragan is at this time a better driver.

Also really they couldn't get anyone other then Nemecheck??

Subs for the #54 Monster Energy Xfinity Series car:

March 7 – Las Vegas (Denny Hamlin)

March 14 – Phoenix (Erik Jones)

March 21 – Auto Club Speedway (Denny Hamlin)

April 10 – Texas (Denny Hamlin)

April 18 – Bristol (Denny Hamlin)

April 24 – Richmond (Erik Jones)

May 2 – Talladega (Boris Said)

May 17 – Iowa (Boris Said)

May 23 – Charlotte (Denny Hamlin)

June 20 – Chicagoland (Boris Said)

Aug. 1 – Iowa (Boris Said)

Aug. 15 – Mid-Ohio (Boris Said)

Aug. 29 – Road America (Boris Said)

Sept. 26 – Kentucky (Boris Said)

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/201...ill-in-for-kyle-busch-in-nascar-xfinity-ride/

Back
Top Bottom