David Stremme, Likely 2003 NBS rookie of the year

P

Parkfan

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but after Phoenix David Stremme has taken the lead in rookie of the year for the NASCAR Busch Series. The kicker: David has only run half the races, while Coy has run the full schedule.
NBS ROY standings after Phoenix
Rank +/- Driver Points Behind Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10
1 +1 David Stremme 211 Leader 16 0 2 6
2 -1 Coy Gibbs 207 -4 32 0 0 2

I really wonder if Stremme will be allowed to win... Helton, et al have 30 points they award at the end of the season and I wonder if they want a driver that didn't run the full season winning?

Look at the comparison though, Gibbs only has two top 10s and has been involved in some accidents or mechanical failures compared to Stremme's 2 top 5s and 6 top 10s

Originally posted by Happy29@Nov 4 2003, 01:15 AM
Look at the comparison though, Gibbs only has two top 10s and has been involved in some accidents or mechanical failures compared to Stremme's 2 top 5s and 6 top 10s
Don't really understand your post. Are you saying that if a driver is involved in accidents or has mechanical failures that he/she is less of a driver.

I was saying those wrecks set back his chances to win the ROTY.

I'm flatly appalled at the miserable coverage the BGN regulars got on Saturday. During the rain delay, who did NBC talk to ---- CUP drivers! Then, when they showed an old race to fill time, was it a good BGN race? --- no --- it was a CUP race.

Not one mention made that Stremme had taken the lead in rookie points.

Bah, humbug.

I agree TRL, I think it pretty bad the way the treat the regulars in both the Busch series and Craftsman truck series.

Don't really do much to build or help those series get exposure. No wonder it's such a hard time to get sponsers and a full field of regulars.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@Nov 4 2003, 02:58 PM
I'm flatly appalled at the miserable coverage the BGN regulars got on Saturday. During the rain delay, who did NBC talk to ---- CUP drivers! Then, when they showed an old race to fill time, was it a good BGN race? --- no --- it was a CUP race.

Not one mention made that Stremme had taken the lead in rookie points.

Bah, humbug.
I thought the same thing "why are they showing a cup race in place of a rain delayed bucsh race". If I recall right the Richmond busch race wasn't too bad.

All I got to say is "ASA Builds Champions" and Stremme is from the ASA !!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom