Daytona 2024 Pre-Race Thread

How about the food/bev/concession workers at the track? The cleaning crews? The parking lot monitors? Security guards etc, etc. are they making more than most here? Are they hopping on a chartered jet after the race?

I can give them some sympathy but the discussion was about the race teams, not the guy selling hot dogs
Naw, those mostly part time folks signed up for some extra cash one weekend or maybe two a year. If they do come back and work the next day, which a lot don't, it is more money in their pocket. It is a bummer for the concession workers volunteering to work and raise funds charities. I know one parking lot at Daytona that always gave 100% of the parking proceeds to a cancer organization.

I agree with you regarding teams and drivers. These guys do get some time off during the season and also have a nice winter break. There are millions of Americans that are lucky to get two weeks of time off during a year. I am sure employees of teams such as Penske and Hendrick have typical benefit packages and pay practices in line with related markets.

I cant wait for this race. One more hour of work and I am out.

The
Naw, those mostly part time folks signed up for some extra cash one weekend or maybe two a year. If they do come back and work the next day, which a lot don't, it is more money in their pocket. It is a bummer for the concession workers volunteering to work and raise funds charities. I know one parking lot at Daytona that always gave 100% of the parking proceeds to a cancer organization.

I agree with you regarding teams and drivers. These guys do get some time off during the season and also have a nice winter break. There are millions of Americans that are lucky to get two weeks of time off during a year. I am sure employees of teams such as Penske and Hendrick have typical benefit packages and pay practices in line with related markets.
If you are ever at Penske racing when the clock strikes 5.00 you may not want to stand on the sidewalk that leads from the door to the parking lot, or you may get ran over. :D

Back
Top Bottom