Daytona 500 - Thank you!!

J

Jane Bown

Previously posted regarding first time at Daytona 500 for advice and got lots of replies back! Thought I would post back and let you know what an amazing time we had! Got to the track early as advised, wandered all the merchandising stalls etc, had a great time doing that and received some freebies especially the Geico sun hat as it was a scorching hot day. Saw my favourite driver doing an interview(Jimmie Johnson) which made my day! Went into the fanzone, didn't get to sign the start/finish line but did sign the track! We had a great time there. We were amazed at the size of the stadium/track etc, we have nothing that size in the UK! Was great to listen to Kid Rock and see the fly past! We were sat in the Oldfield section, quite high up so had a good view of the turn. Seats were a little bit cramped but I'm sure it will be better when all the new seating etc are built!

I could not believe the noise when the race started, glad I had some ear plugs. We had some really nice people behind us who explained certain parts of the race to us and what was happening. They could not quite believe that we had made a trip from the UK to watch a NASCAR race but as we told them it was far more exciting watching NASCAR than watching Formula 1 racing and there was no way we would get this kind of experience at the price we paid for our tickets! The only sad thing was that it was over too soon, wished it could have gone on for longer!

Would I fly back to the States to see another NASCAR race? You bet I will!! We had an amazing time, met some really nice people and have some great memories.

Thank you for the experience
Jane, Tim, James and Chloe (we will be back!!!)

Previously posted regarding first time at Daytona 500 for advice and got lots of replies back! Thought I would post back and let you know what an amazing time we had! Got to the track early as advised, wandered all the merchandising stalls etc, had a great time doing that and received some freebies especially the Geico sun hat as it was a scorching hot day. Saw my favourite driver doing an interview(Jimmie Johnson) which made my day! Went into the fanzone, didn't get to sign the start/finish line but did sign the track! We had a great time there. We were amazed at the size of the stadium/track etc, we have nothing that size in the UK! Was great to listen to Kid Rock and see the fly past! We were sat in the Oldfield section, quite high up so had a good view of the turn. Seats were a little bit cramped but I'm sure it will be better when all the new seating etc are built!

I could not believe the noise when the race started, glad I had some ear plugs. We had some really nice people behind us who explained certain parts of the race to us and what was happening. They could not quite believe that we had made a trip from the UK to watch a NASCAR race but as we told them it was far more exciting watching NASCAR than watching Formula 1 racing and there was no way we would get this kind of experience at the price we paid for our tickets! The only sad thing was that it was over too soon, wished it could have gone on for longer!

Would I fly back to the States to see another NASCAR race? You bet I will!! We had an amazing time, met some really nice people and have some great memories.

FANTASTIC! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your great experience and hope you come back again soon.

Thank you so much for the follow up post. :)

Cheerio Jane . Thanks for the update . How about a couple of snaps.:)

Back
Top Bottom