Dinger says he is going to wreck Dillion, Dick responds with a threat...

....and here's the part where (just because I'm me) I bring up Joey :D His Dad wasn't a driver OR a car owner and I'd bet he got the same opportunities as Chase or Austin... because his Dad put him in a car, and he drove the wheels off the damn thing long enough for Joe Gibbs to notice. Similar to Chase and Hendrick... and I'm sure Childress wouldn't have put Austin in a cup car if he couldn't drive just because he asked for it.

Oh, I've heard plenty of stories about your hero and his dad.

Really... isn't this supposed to be about AJ and Dillon?... I think pop pop needs to tell him to stand up for himself and do what he needs to and let it be handled on track. This is the first time I'm seeing a flaw in Richard Childress hiring his grandsons to drive for him.

Oh, I've heard plenty of stories about your hero and his dad.
Just sayin... whats the difference? My point is that if a young person is born into a situation where their parents (or grandparents in this case) can afford to let them race at a young age, it shouldn't be looked down upon. They don't buy their way into a cup ride. Every one of these kids was #1 in everything they ever drove before they got to cup. Money cant buy that. It doesn't matter how good the car is if you can't drive.

Dillon bounced thru the field at Daytona, I don't know how many cars he hit, but somehow he didn't break and had a good finish. Being a rookie and trying to race hard, he is going to ruffle some feathers until he gets better at car control? The Yellow stripe is on his bumper for a reason. On the other hand, you can't expect who he runs into and screws up their race to be happy about it. Dinger is hanging on to his ride by a thread, is well aware that if he wants a shot at a better ride it has to be by good finishes and it sure isn't by wadding up a race car. whereas young Dillon has job security. That's the way it is

Seriously? If that's the case, why did he make Austin work his way up the ranks - the hard way? You stupid ass morons act like Austin and Ty were coddled their entire careers. Dumbass wankers. This has turned in to a bad comedy.
Are you kidding me?! . I said Childress would not have given him a ride just because he asked for it if he couldn't drive.

Meaning he made him work his way up and earn his cup ride.... damn dude, I know you're in argument mode but make sure you know what ur reading and comprehend the meaning of it before you respond.

I still think this thread is about accountability lessons between Richard Childress and his grand kids... Not a pissing match about which rich kid had it the toughest.

No matter, this thread is destined to disappear soon.

Here's a pro tip. The way you deal with Andy is you make your point and then leave. Otherwise you'll be here all night. :D

Just sayin... whats the difference? My point is that if a young person is born into a situation where their parents (or grandparents in this case) can afford to let them race at a young age, it shouldn't be looked down upon. They don't buy their way into a cup ride. Every one of these kids was #1 in everything they ever drove before they got to cup. Money cant buy that. It doesn't matter how good the car is if you can't drive.

LOL, Austin did more climbing than your hero ever had to do.

And hey, slice. Are you trying to steal Larson's thing with grabbing the wheel after a win?

Nuh uh, bro. :p

prozac10c.jpg

No matter, this thread is destined to disappear soon.

Here's a pro tip. The way you deal with Andy is you make your point and then leave. Otherwise you'll be here all night. :D

I've already said the same thing three times and no one gets it.. Haha I'm out.

Are you kidding me?! .. I said Childress would not have given him a ride just because he asked for it if he couldn't drive.

Meaning he made him work his way up and earn his cup ride.... damn dude, I know you're in argument mode but make sure you know what ur reading and comprehend the meaning of it before you respond.

I misread your posts. My bad. That's what happens when people assume.

Exactly.... lol First of all... Joey never got the chance to get those or I have no doubt he would have. Also he obviously seemed a lot more promising at that time than Austin did. He didn't perform too well but at first but I think it's pretty clear by now that he's absolutely and undeniably a better driver than Austin Dillon. Also, I'm pretty sure Joeys NNS record kills Austins if you consider he's never run a full season and been eligible for the champion ship.... he has however played a large role in securing the owners points championships for the past 2 years. I haven't looked but I can guarantee you that every one of those years his team had more points than Austin did when he won that championship.

Exactly.... lol First of all... Joey never got the chance to get those or I have no doubt he would have. Also he obviously seemed a lot more promising at that time than Austin did. He didn't perform too well but at first but I think it's pretty clear by now that he's absolutely and undeniably a better driver than Austin Dillon. Also, I'm pretty sure Joeys NNS record kills Austins if you consider he's never run a full season and been eligible for the champion ship.... he has however played a large role in securing the owners points championships for the past 2 years. I haven't looked but I can guarantee you that every one of those years his team had more points than Austin did when he won that championship.

Let's compare Joey's rookie year in Sprint Cup with Austin's rookie year to date, shall we?

Through eight starts in 2014, Austin has an average finish of 14.8. Logano's average finish in his rookie season: 20.0.

In fact, in 2014, Joey Logano, in his SIXTH full-time season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has the exact same average finish on the year as rookie Austin Dillon.

Let's compare Joey's rookie year in Sprint Cup with Austin's rookie year to date, shall we?

Through eight starts in 2014, Austin has an average finish of 14.8. Logano's average finish in his rookie season: 20.0. In fact, in 2014, Joey Logano, in his SIXTH full-time season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has the exact same average finish on the year as rookie Austin Dillon.
How bout average running position? Laps led? Come on man I know you don't like Joey but you're really trying to tell me Austin is as good as him? Austin has run himself to be around where Joey is. Granted I have to hand it to him for the consistency but the only reason Joey has finished outside the top 5 at all after Daytona has been mechanical. He's had a top 5 car every week except maybe last week after the sun went down he fell of to a 10th place car. That's about the worst he's run this year barring mechanical failure. You tryin to tell me Austin is better than Harvick because Harvick "average finish" has him 22nd in points? :rolleyes: Or how about the numerous other championship winning drivers behind Austin in points?

How bout average running position? Laps led? Come on man I know you don't like Joey but you're really trying to tell me Austin is as good as him? Austin has run himself to be around where Joey is. Granted I have to hand it to him for the consistency but the only reason Joey has finished outside the top 5 at all after Daytona has been mechanical. He's had a top 5 car every week except maybe last week after the sun went down he fell of to a 10th place car. That's about the worst he's run this year barring mechanical failure. You tryin to tell me Austin is better than Harvick because Harvick "average finish" has him 22nd in points? :rolleyes:

Austin's also a rookie in the Sprint Cup Series. We'll revisit this conversation in a couple years. Though it'll be a moot point by then because of Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott.

Austin's also a rookie in the Sprint Cup Series. We'll revisit this conversation in a couple years. Though it'll be a moot point by then because of Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott.
I've never said Dillon's not good... he is. I just think Joey's better. Also yes... Chase and Larson will make Austin look like Danica... but Joey's not goin anywhere for a long time and he's fixing to be a permanent fixture in the top 5.

Austin is a rookie yes.... but he has a lot more experience than Joey did when he was a rookie. Which is where the consistency comes from. I just don't see him ever being a multiple win or championship contending type of driver... I think he'll fall in with the likes of Kasey Kahne or Ryan Newman. Where I see Joey being more like Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick, even Mark Martin.

How many wins does Richard have as a driver?
I gotta believe that a lifetime of advice from a successful, Cup driver with 40+ wins is more beneficial to a young, up & coming driver than advice from someone that wasn't a successful Cup driver. JMO, of course.
not if the driver wants to win championships, how many championships as a driver does rick have? they both have a lot of them as owners.

Seriously though, take a breath and re-read the thread.

And who the hell brought JoLo into this? He has his own damn subforum on here.
....and here's the part where (just because I'm me) I bring up Joey :D His Dad wasn't a driver OR a car owner and I'd bet he got the same opportunities as Chase or Austin... because his Dad put him in a car, and he drove the wheels off the damn thing long enough for Joe Gibbs to notice. Similar to Chase and Hendrick... and I'm sure Childress wouldn't have put Austin in a cup car if he couldn't drive just because he asked for it.
Guilty :waver:

Back
Top Bottom