Does Nascar Need an update?

M

millermagic

I think they need an update. They are using Pushrod Carbourated V8 engines, 4 speed manuals and old suspensions. I really think they need to update. Cars today have Overhead Cam, and even Dual overhead Cam, 5 or 6 speed manuals and modern suspensions

Seems to Me that the NASCAR officials have enough on Their plate to check now,those modern engine parts would surely put a bigger burden on the officials and also take even longer to get the cars through inspection,as if it doesn't take long enough already,JMO ;) It would probably be harder to inspect fuel injection systems and etc.? :huh:

An update? no, not really. what they need is an enema at headquarters! ;)

don't fix what ain't broke !!!!

nastycar has already scrwed things up bad enough don't be givin them any more ideas!!!!!

I think the intention all along was to have a race car people could identify with, like their own street car; that's why the engine/chassis package has not radically changed in almost 30 years. With several deaths in the past 7 years NASCAR needs to spend a lot more attention to the safety package first IMO. Another reason there is a lack of upgarded engine components is due to cost I think, if you want to see technology and cost together take a look at the CART and IRL cars 800+HP and less than 3,000lbs that cost $800,000 complete. After hitting the wall at Indy some guys only real pain is in the wallet. :lol:

If nascar wants the cars that are racing, then why are they so outdated?

Back
Top Bottom