Don't be surprised..

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
.. to see Joey Logano win in the next couple races and be right in the fight for a wild card position soon.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130813/SPORTS16/308130041/1048/sports

Eight top 10 finishes in the last 12 races (including an 11th).. and currently on a streak of three consecutive top 10's after two consecutive 40th place finishes because of tire issues... coming to Michigan, where he led 21 laps in the spring, had a 4th place average running position and finished 9th... and Bristol, where he led the most laps last fall and had a car capable of winning earlier this season. Keep an eye out for that 22 team to make their way into the chase conversation soon.

I'm not tryin to be all super fan either lol but if they do make the chase I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in the top 5, Joey has always excelled at chase time and minus the wreck at Kansas has an average finish of 6.3 on mile and a half tracks this season.. which make up most of the chase.... just sayin... keep an eye out

With Smoke out of the Chase picture, it certainly opens the door for him to get in. However until I see him maintain that consistency for prolonged stretches, I won't be penciling him in my Chase given that Kahne has 2 wins and Newman has one as well. He MUST win at least one maybe 2 races if he wants to get in IMO.

I agree.. but I think he can win the next 2.. or at least one of them.. if they can get past some dumb luck and avoid all the issues out of their control they have been consistent... most of the time if they don't wreck or have mechanical issues theyre a top 10 team.. Im looking forward to seeing how they can perform if they consistently avoid issues like that.

You have alot of confidence in him.

I dont think he has the speed to win races this year.

If anyone from Penskee is going to win any races it will be Brad.

Logano missed his chance at California earlier this year in my opinion.

This late charge he's making is just abit late.

Wait a couple weeks before you get too sure.. these are great tracks coming up for him. Also.. he missed a chance at Bristol too as well as Kentucky.

Big problem . Montoya is going to be pissed . Losing your ride means you gotta go for it 100% , to showcase your talent for another ride . I think Logano might better stay out of his way or be gone o . Next year Joey , clear sailin .:)

I dont think Juan fits well on the Penskee org.

They're classy and respectable. Juan seems like the guy who likes to start trouble for no reason.

chip is the only reason Juan is in nascar. I don't think he will get a top ride. anyone can what he did in the 42 car.

I 'd be interested to know if he brings any money or sponsorship to the table .

I dont think Juan fits well on the Penskee org.

They're classy and respectable. Juan seems like the guy who likes to start trouble for no reason.

You do know that curse stream Brad drives for them? Then there was Kurt. Rusty was no angle either. But I don't see Juan at Penske. Sam will probably get another chance before anyone else.

You do know that curse stream Brad drives for them? Then there was Kurt. Rusty was no angle either. But I don't see Juan at Penske. Sam will probably get another chance before anyone else.

You're absolutely right. When you put it that way I see your point.

But there is a difference on how they conduct themselves in and out of the track.

With Juan most of the time you get rashness responses and just not very professional in my opinion.

Don't be surprised if Hamlin ruins Laganos chances (if he even has any)
I honestly believe this is a big part of why Hamlin is staying in the car. He couldn't live with the idea his missing the chase gave Logano the chance to get in. Some drivers don't handle the new guy getting the best of them too well.

I honestly believe this is a big part of why Hamlin is staying in the car. He couldn't live with the idea his missing the chase gave Logano the chance to get in. Some drivers don't handle the new guy getting the best of them too well.

So come Richmond and if Logano is on the edge either way does Hamlin take him out?

Don't be surprised if Hamlin ruins Laganos chances (if he even has any)
Now that.. I could see being a possibility to ruin his chances. I could see Hamlin being a douche like that... because he is after all.. a douche. Other than that and barring accidents obviously.. they can do it, they made up more points in less races before and got from 18th up to 10th just 5 races ago before the tire issues at Daytona and Loudon.
So come Richmond and if Logano is on the edge either way does Hamlin take him out?
Hmmmmmmmm hope not... but that still spells defeat for Hamlin in my eyes if he's gona stoop so low. Either way though, the performance is there for the 22... Hamlin will be fighting him for a chase spot for years to come.
If it weren't for the weekly, sometime twice or even three times a week Logano threads I probably wouldn't even know the guy existed.
LOL Well at least it wont be such a surprise when he starts winning.

Yes. For sure. IMO, Hamlin got used to getting everything he wanted on the track from Logano and can't handle the change in attitude. Logano does have to learn how to be smarter when he's being aggressive, but it's good to see him trying instead of laying back and keeping everyone happy with him. Joey almost lost his cup ride, and needs to prove he can get it done with Penske. That's why Hammy wrecking Joey at Bristol and then sitting in his car, copying Harvick at Pocono, was such an arrogant move. All he had to do was let Logano express his anger instead of disrespecting him further with that crap.

Hamlin needs to realize he'll probably be racing Logano for the rest of his career and may have a hard time winning his own championship.

I don't care if it's another 10 years from now. I think Joey will be a champion one day. You are right about him having to be smarter about being aggressive, he's getting there. It's good to see it out of him though, remember he's only 23.. and IMO showing a lot of maturity in the way he's going about things. He said in an interview a couple weeks ago that when he came in he had done so well in every other car he'd driven that he thought it would be easy, and it wasn't. He didn't know where to start to get better, "you don't know what you don't know"... I think his team mates used him to their advantage and he came to think that's how it should be, and laid back waaaay too much. Martinsville 2010 comes to mind when Hamlin ran Joey down the track on a restart to get in front of him and went on to win with Joey second.. Joey came to Penske and started to learn from people that really wanted to teach him, and he's picked up a hell of a lot in this short time, if you look at results, he's doing much better than he ever has before. Most of his bad finishes were beyond his control. He has more top 5's and 10's then any other driver between 10th and 20th in points, and actually has the 5th most top 10's in the series despite all the troubles this year, finished in the top 10 in half the races so far (11 of 22).

I know I've been preaching this whole Joey thing for a while but some of you have to be noticing these things if you're paying attention. Without a penalty, some engine and fuel pump issues, a Kansas wreck and back to back tire issues a few weeks ago he would most definitely be inside the top 10 in points. I know, that's racin, it did happen, and it is what it is but those are the things that keep me confident that Joey and that 22 team will be a force soon enough.

Last edited:
Quote from the article above..

7.6 "Dating back to the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte and omitting two 40th-place finishes at Daytona and New Hampshire, Logano has averaged a 7.6-place finish in nine of the last 11 races.
With those bad finishes included, Logano’s average drops to 13.5, but the bigger point is this: the No. 22 team is a dependable top-10 finisher barring the bizarre and that’s exactly where a team on the bubble for this year’s Chase needs to be. His finish deviation in that nine-race sample size is a staggeringly consistent 2.24 (the closer to zero, the better), meaning his fourth- to 11th-place finish range is about as bankable as any you will find in the series right now."

...Guess that means Im not the only one noticing lol..

Quote from the article above..

7.6 "Dating back to the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte and omitting two 40th-place finishes at Daytona and New Hampshire, Logano has averaged a 7.6-place finish in nine of the last 11 races.
With those bad finishes included, Logano’s average drops to 13.5, but the bigger point is this: the No. 22 team is a dependable top-10 finisher barring the bizarre and that’s exactly where a team on the bubble for this year’s Chase needs to be. His finish deviation in that nine-race sample size is a staggeringly consistent 2.24 (the closer to zero, the better), meaning his fourth- to 11th-place finish range is about as bankable as any you will find in the series right now."

...Guess that means Im not the only one noticing lol..
Man, I knew Joey would kick ass this season but I didnt know that much. Too bad he has been having bad luck.

You know what I didn't even realize the numbers were that good.. I knew they were good but it's hard not to focus on the bad finishes. He's gone from 9th to 21st, then back up to 10th, and back to 18th in points... now back up to 16th but running out of time... the consistency wont be enough if the other guys don't wreck. Need to win. The bad luck will pass, I think they can be a solid contender all season next year. Maybe even a threat this year. If not for the championship then more consistently for wins.

LOL Well at least it wont be such a surprise when he starts winning.

You owe me a new keyboard. I just spit water out everywhere when I read this. :D

I don't care if it's another 10 years from now. I think Joey will be a champion one day.

You might wanna worry about him making a chase one year first. :p

Joey is one of the top 6 or 7 teams in Nascar right now. I'm not even kidding. He's a threat to win on a regular basis (Fontana, Michigan, Kentucky, Indy, All-Star Race, etc.). If it weren't for the penalties, he'd be 2 points out of 10th right now. If it weren't for the tire issues, he'd have around 50-65 more points than he does now. Those 50-65 points are enough to have him 7th-8th in the standings. If he didn't have the tire issues OR the penalties, he'd have 75-90 more points, which would place him 6th in points. When he wrecked at Kansas he was running 27th anyway, so he wasn't going to get many points out of that day, so I didn't include that because it wouldn't change much. But Joey is running with the likes of Kenseth, Edwards, Bowyer, etc.

Joey is one of the top 6 or 7 teams in Nascar right now. I'm not even kidding. He's a threat to win on a regular basis (Fontana, Michigan, Kentucky, Indy, All-Star Race, etc.). If it weren't for the penalties, he'd be 2 points out of 10th right now. If it weren't for the tire issues, he'd have around 50-65 more points than he does now. Those 50-65 points are enough to have him 7th-8th in the standings. If he didn't have the tire issues OR the penalties, he'd have 75-90 more points, which would place him 6th in points. When he wrecked at Kansas he was running 27th anyway, so he wasn't going to get many points out of that day, so I didn't include that because it wouldn't change much. But Joey is running with the likes of Kenseth, Edwards, Bowyer, etc.
Thank you!! Although.. at Kansas he qualified poorly, and it was early in the race when they wrecked. He could have gotten up there for a top 10... remember Texas he started tail of the field and finished 5th and, other than that Kansas finish has an average finish of I think 6.3 on 1.5 mile tracks this season.

You might wanna worry about him making a chase one year first. :p
Worry about it?
what-me-worry-715603.jpg

No just patiently waiting, if he doesn't make it this year I'd bet starting next year it's an annual occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom