Don't shoot the messenger

1,2,3 do not surprise me in the least, and I wouldnt be shocked if Jr does not come back at all, myself, just like many here I think have had that feeling that he was getting close to hanging up the helmet.

When the news about Jr was announced, I immediately thought of Ernie Irvine and how he had to leave the sport abruptly.

Both drivers were HUGE disappointments if you compare them to their fathers. Neither won a championship and neither was a contender for a win week in and week out. However, I would say that Dale was a bigger disappointment than Kyle SOLELY for the fact that Dale has been in top-tier equipment his entire life. Put Dale and Kyle in equal equipment at the prime of their career and I think Kyle would out-edge Dale most races. This is all a moot point and the fact is both drivers had way too much undeserved pressure placed upon them, and they were both formidable drivers in their own right based upon the circumstances.

I think it skips a generation. Adam Petty was the real deal! He wouldn't have been Mr 200 wins or anything like that but he would have gotten some championships.
We will have to wait and see if Jr has any kids and if they get into racing or not. Or maybe Bobby Dale or one of the other Earnhardts is the real deal.

Both drivers were HUGE disappointments if you compare them to their fathers. Neither won a championship and neither was a contender for a win week in and week out. However, I would say that Dale was a bigger disappointment than Kyle SOLELY for the fact that Dale has been in top-tier equipment his entire life. Put Dale and Kyle in equal equipment at the prime of their career and I think Kyle would out-edge Dale most races. This is all a moot point and the fact is both drivers had way too much undeserved pressure placed upon them, and they were both formidable drivers in their own right based upon the circumstances.

The vast majority of drivers never win a championship . Same as the vast majority of boxers or ball players . Does that make them all disappointments ?In your eyes , maybe , not in mine . I sure don't wish to be compared to my Dad , I wouldn't stand a chance.

I think it skips a generation. Adam Petty was the real deal! He wouldn't have been Mr 200 wins or anything like that but he would have gotten some championships.
We will have to wait and see if Jr has any kids and if they get into racing or not. Or maybe Bobby Dale or one of the other Earnhardts is the real deal.
Karsyn Elledge is Dale Jr's niece. Maybe Dale Jr and Kelley get her an XFINITY ride in a few years. She's the real deal

When the news about Jr was announced, I immediately thought of Ernie Irvine and how he had to leave the sport abruptly.
Oh yes, as an Irvan fan, that was a sad day to seem him retire , but he had to do it, I think he case was a lot more serve than Jr's.

The thread title is great and fitting. I am one of the ones around here that really appreciates allenbaba posting here.
I think it is awesome to have a little insight into the sport and garage around here.
I think a lot of us wait to hear from him on his insight as to what is going on behind the scenes. I trust his posts a lot more than what the bobbleheads write every week.....

The movie Concussion starring Will Smith will give you a lot of insight into how repeated concussions can kill you. Very good but very scary movie for those that play football for a living. . . . .racing for a living. . . .:sad:

1. Seen his dad die, was shaken up for a few years after the ALMS crash, now the concussions and he is getting married. All these point to not hanging on too long. He doesn't need the money and can stay in the sport through JRM. Wonder what HMS does here to start developing his replacement.

2. Interesting Menard/Penske connection from Indy. Nice that Blaney is still in the future plans too. How long does Blaney wait in the 21 though? This could be a future HMS driver (just dreaming here I guess) Wonder what RCR does possibly replacing two drivers, Ty gets one ride, does Brandon Jones get the other?

3. Didn't think they'd wait long on Erik Jones. FRR becomes the new breeding ground post XFINITY for JGR, Jones until he takes over Kenseth, then next up is William Byron who takes over for Jones in XFINITY. Suarez will get a cup ride there too at some point

Last edited:
Thanks Allen. :)

When Jr retires I am going to be so sad. I really like him and I'm so happy that he has Amy now. I kinda wish he'd retire now, it would hurt me so much if he had repercussions from his concussions.

I do not know. I just know they'd be foolish not to have him locked down

David Wilson has clearly stated that Erik will be in a Toyota for a very long time.

David Wilson has clearly stated that Erik will be in a Toyota for a very long time.
Such a statement is empty talk unless backed up by a firm contract that lasts for "a very long time."

allenbaba: thanks for sharing the info.

I think menard to Penske will be a great move for paul. has me wondering how childress will replace those dollars.

Such a statement is empty talk unless backed up by a firm contract that lasts for "a very long time."

David Wilson doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's far from empty. I won't bore you with the details, but the infrastructure is in place to make this happen, and David/Toyota were a big part of it. Erik is going nowhere.

The movie Concussion starring Will Smith will give you a lot of insight into how repeated concussions can kill you. Very good but very scary movie for those that play football for a living. . . . .racing for a living. . . .:sad:

UFC for a living?

I think a lot of us wait to hear from him on his insight as to what is going on behind the scenes. I trust his posts a lot more than what the bobbleheads write every week.....

For those of us not in the know or are relatively new to the forum, what is the story with Allenbaba? Is he part of one of the teams or connected somehow?

My paper this morning had a small blip about several ex-WWE rasslers suing that organization over head injuries.

I won't bore you with the details, but the infrastructure is in place...
Hahaha. I'll ignore the tiresome self-aggrandizing if you'll bore us with the detail of how long Jones is under contract to drive Toyotas.

For those of us not in the know or are relatively new to the forum, what is the story with Allenbaba? Is he part of one of the teams or connected somehow?
Allenbaba is a marketing and/or PR professional who has a number of clients in the Nascar garage. Furniture Row Racing is one of them. He has posted about the Nascar scene "behind the curtain" numerous times.

I can't imagine the Jr. fanbase suddenly rallying behind Jeffrey.

I don't know about that. Dale Jr inherited me as a fan because I was a fan of his father. If the son hangs it up, why not shift loyalty to the grandson?

I was thinking about this.

When Dale Jr hangs it up for good, will we see Jeffrey Earnhardt suddenly become the most popular driver in Nascar? The Earnhardt fan base is by far the largest in the sport, and I don't see them abandoning the family name as long as there is a driver out there with it.

I see Jeffrey as a good person, but never going to be a good driver. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel any connection to persuade me to support him over some other driver... say Chase Elliott. I was never a Dale fan, have always been a Junior fan. However my brother was a die hard Dale fan. He has supported Dale Jr since Dale's death. However, he is already on the Chase bandwagon. I don't see him looking at Jeffrey.

Hahaha. I'll ignore the tiresome self-aggrandizing if you'll bore us with the detail of how long Jones is under contract to drive Toyotas.

Yeah, okay bud. Nuggets or burger with that Happy Meal?

David Wilson doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's far from empty. I won't bore you with the details, but the infrastructure is in place to make this happen, and David/Toyota were a big part of it. Erik is going nowhere.
David has done a wonderful job keeping this alive. There's been a ton of moving parts. JGR has wanted one thing, then said another...Barney Visser has wanted one thing, then said another...Toyota has wanted one thing, then said another...sponsors are all pretty much tied to specific drivers at this point (it's not like they can just freely move money & logos around between different cars) - it really has been difficult...probably more so than it should have been. David has been the glue that has kept all these parts from breaking off. EVERYONE involved wants it to happen. The process has worn out many.

Allenbaba is a marketing and/or PR professional who has a number of clients in the Nascar garage. Furniture Row Racing is one of them. He has posted about the Nascar scene "behind the curtain" numerous times.
Thank you sir!

I see Jeffrey as a good person, but never going to be a good driver. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel any connection to persuade me to support him over some other driver... say Chase Elliott. I was never a Dale fan, have always been a Junior fan. However my brother was a die hard Dale fan. He has supported Dale Jr since Dale's death. However, he is already on the Chase bandwagon. I don't see him looking at Jeffrey.
I'm sure Jeffrey is a much better race car driver than 98% of this forum, but he likely won't be a better driver than 36 others in a Cup starting lineup.

I'm sure Jeffrey is a much better race car driver than 98% of this forum, but he likely won't be a better driver than 36 others in a Cup starting lineup.

I don't know anything about Jeffery and how well he can drive a racecar , but I do respect all of the drivers who make it to the top three tiers of racing in North America . Like any other sport's top athletes , they are at or near the top of a very huge pile .

Back
Top Bottom