Don't shoot the messenger

BTW...for those of you interested, the "Furniture Row deal that has obviously been finalized well before I supposedly heard things from my awesome behind the scenes info" STILL isn't finalized. Everything is moving forward on good faith, announcement will still be tomorrow. But there's a lot of work to do yet. In fact, Barney and Erik only met for the first time on Monday (in Denver). The entire process has been a sh*t show.

BTW...for those of you interested, the "Furniture Row deal that has obviously been finalized well before I supposedly heard things from my awesome behind the scenes info" STILL isn't finalized. Everything is moving forward on good faith, announcement will still be tomorrow. But there's a lot of work to do yet. In fact, Barney and Erik only met for the first time on Monday (in Denver). The entire process has been a sh*t show.

Thank you for the info MOST of us appreciate it!!!

Well dude, I guess I am just not as enamored as some of you regarding his tabloid style rumor postings. Don't kill the messenger, dude.
Well dude, there were articles published saying the announcement was going to be made last week (Tuesday). Allenbaba posted here that it wouldn't happen then. It didn't happen then. So how does this make Allen wrong?

I guess this means RCR is going to four cars?

Newman still wants to stay at RCR.

I think Newman wanted to stay at Stewart-Haas, too. Allegedly, Tony Stewart wanted him, too. But Kevin Harvick brought the money and Kurt Busch brought the ability to drive a self-funded car to strong results, and those were enough for Gene Haas to overrule Tony...

I think Newman wanted to stay at Stewart-Haas, too. Allegedly, Tony Stewart wanted him, too. But Kevin Harvick brought the money and Kurt Busch brought the ability to drive a self-funded car to strong results, and those were enough for Gene Haas to overrule Tony...

Newman has been a great addition to RCR.

I think CAT wants to stay with him as well, but will CAT follow him outside of RCR if he is not able to come back?

Allegedly, Tony Stewart wanted him, too. But Kevin Harvick brought the money and Kurt Busch brought the ability to drive a self-funded car to strong results, and those were enough for Gene Haas to overrule Tony...
Who is alleging that novel interpretation of events?

I guess this means RCR is going to four cars?

Newman still wants to stay at RCR.
Newman has a vote in the matter, but *not* the key vote. It is not established that Richard Childress and Cat will support Newman over other alternatives.

Newman has a vote in the matter, but *not* the key vote. It is not established that Richard Childress and Cat will support Newman over other alternatives.

Right.

I read over the article again from the Orlando Sentinel, my bad I misinterpreted the article...

Who is alleging that novel interpretation of events?

Cranks. I may or may not be one.

But Tony did seem pretty remorseful when he had to announce that Newman wasn't coming back. And then a bit...tense...when the Busch deal was announced. Although that could've been on the principle of publicly saying they had no room for car number four only for Haas to say they did.

You need effort to change the cycle. What I see at HMS is to sign the biggest sponsors and the heck with the teams.

Yeah....... I recall that...... Jack was too tight to buy the more expensive state of the art software like the other teams were using......

Exactly as HMS spent a ton of time testing and using technology and Jack didn't give much of an effort to keep up with things and got behind and has never caught up. From 5 fully funded teams to 3 plus the loss of Kenseth and Edwards is not a recipe for success.

It is clear that the other teams have gained ground on HMS but that tide goes back and forth . I don't think that Hendrick has lost a step as much as others have gained. As for Rick , I think he has built a management team that will make succession very easy . I don't see that with a lot of the others . PS The staggering stable of talent that Gibbs has assembled would put any organization back on their heels.

I got two rumor nuggets from Richmond...both from great sources...but I don't think they make sense when you combine the two:

1) Childress going to buy Mears out so he can put Ty in the 13.

2) Newman going to HMS & 5 car.

Heard those from different people, so do you see what I mean? If #2 is true, there would be no need for #1 since RCR would have a seat. *shrugs* If you ask me, I think #1 is most realistic. I know they tried that move in the past. Looks like RC is coming to the table with more $$$.

I'd like Ty in the 13. Let's see what Germain can actually do.

Back
Top Bottom