Dover - AAA 400 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Chase Race 3 of 10

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26:

ON TRACK
-- 10-10:50 a.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 2-3:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 3:40 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)

GARAGECAM PRESENTED BY MOBIL 1 (Watch live)
-- 10:30 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GarageCam
-- 1:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series GarageCam

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27:

ON TRACK
-- 11-11:50 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- Noon-1:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice
-- 12:15 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 1:45-3 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice
-- 2-2:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 3:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series race (200 laps, 200 miles), ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 6:40 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying (Follow live)
-- 10 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rhino Linings 350 (146 laps, 219 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28:

ON TRACK-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AAA 400 (400 laps, 400 miles), ESPN (Follow live)

Last edited:
Only 12 points separating those final 9 positions heading into this elimination race.

Standings.jpg

Should Jimmie Johnson win this Sunday @ Dover, Dover will become the first track for Jimmie Johnson with double digit wins. In 25 races @ Dover he has 9 wins, 13 top 5's, 18 top 10's and 3 poles.

ODDS TO WIN 2014 AAA 400 (9/28/14)
DriverOdds
Jimmie Johnson4/1
Brad Keselowski5/1
Jeff Gordon6/1
Kevin Harvick6/1
Kyle Busch8/1
Matt Kenseth8/1
Joey Logano10/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.15/1
Denny Hamlin18/1
Kyle Larson18/1
Jamie McMurray25/1
Kasey Kahne25/1
Clint Bowyer30/1
Kurt Busch30/1
Tony Stewart30/1
Carl Edwards40/1
Ryan Newman40/1
Brian Vickers50/1
Greg Biffle60/1
Aric Almirola100/1
Martin Truex Jr.100/1
Paul Menard100/1
Austin Dillon200/1
AJ Allmendinger300/1
Casey Mears300/1
Danica Patrick300/1
Justin Allgaier300/1
Marcos Ambrose300/1
Ricky Stenhouse300/1
Field (Any Other Driver)300/1

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Brad Keselowski3/1
Jeff Gordon4/1
Kevin Harvick4/1
Jimmie Johnson9/2
Joey Logano7/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.8/1
Kyle Busch12/1
Matt Kenseth12/1
Denny Hamlin20/1
Kasey Kahne30/1
Kurt Busch40/1
Carl Edwards300/1
Ryan Newman300/1
Greg Biffle500/1
Aric Almirola500/1
AJ Allmendinger 500/1

No love for Dinger even though he would advance right now

I'd like to see Dinger and Almirola advance here. They're the real Cinderella stories of The Chase. It's weird to think that if not for the Chicagoland mechanical issue, Almirola would be solidly in the next round right now.

I want to see clinch scenarios!

I'm feeling rather uncomfortable right now. A top 20 will do it for Gordon and I'm sure he'll do that but cant be having mechanical BS or get into a crash.

Gotta get that pole and keep it up front imo.

I'd like to see Dinger and Almirola advance here. They're the real Cinderella stories of The Chase. It's weird to think that if not for the Chicagoland mechanical issue, Almirola would be solidly in the next round right now.
yeah he would, easily into the next round, D.W. pointed out that he was the fastest Ford behind the Penskes so he got a little air time and then he did the in car, and did a good job with that last week. I'm pulling for him, with a top ten and a little luck, he might make the cut. I think A.J. has a really good chance of making the next round.

I'm feeling rather uncomfortable right now. A top 20 will do it for Gordon and I'm sure he'll do that but cant be having mechanical BS or get into a crash.

Gotta get that pole and keep it up front imo.
They didnt really show up to race here or at martinsville in the spring. Hopefully they can turn things around.

Chase clinch scenarios for Sunday’s race at Dover

Kevin Harvick (+41 points over 13th place): 34th or better; or 35th and at least one lap led; or 36th and most laps led.

Jimmie Johnson (+31 points): 24th or better; or 25th and at least one lap led; or 26th and most laps led.

Kyle Busch and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (+28 points): 21st or better; 22nd and at least one lap led; or 23rd and most laps led.

Jeff Gordon (+21 points): 14th or better; 15th and at least one lap led; 16th and most laps led.

Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards (+8 points): 2nd; or 3rd and most laps led.

AJ Allmendinger (+7 points): 2nd.

Kahne Kahne (+6 points): 2nd, and at least one lap led.

Ryan Newman (+6 points), Denny Hamlin (-6 points), Greg Biffle (-6 points behind 12th place), Kurt Busch (-8 points behind 12th place) and Aric Almirola (-10 points behind 12th place) only control their own destiny by winning Sunday at Dover.

Love that post dpk. Saves me the hassle of trying to work it out myself.

Jeff Gordon (+21 points): 14th or better; 15th and at least one lap led; 16th and most laps led.

Thanks. dp always comes through in a pinch.

That's actually alot tighter than I'd hoped. Simply riding around won't do the trick for Gordy. Gotta put in work. argg

Thanks. dp always comes through in a pinch.

That's actually alot tighter than I'd hoped. Simply riding around won't do the trick for Gordy. Gotta put in work. argg
Jeff Gordon wins, comes in 14th or better or stay's ahead of the four bottom feeders and he's in.

I know there's another thread(s) on the whole Chase subject but man, this kinda stuff makes it exciting leading into this Dover race. The possibility of these drivers advancing or not adds a whole new element to watching these races for me. Especially these upcoming elimination races. Four of those throughout the Chase. The last being the ultimate elimination. I've moved way beyond comparing the champions of today to those of days gone by because of the new format in 2004. It's a new era. It could be my driver falling out after Sunday. Even if that's the case I'll still enjoy watching this season to its conclusion.

@JennaFryer Jeff Burton is scheduled to standby for Clint Bowyer this weekend at Dover as Bowyer’s wife, Lorra, is due to deliver their first child.

Give me a Martinsville night race and I'll be more than happy.

Dover is decent, but other tracks are more deserving of a night race treatment.

Give me a Martinsville night race and I'll be more than happy.

Dover is decent, but other tracks are more deserving of a night race treatment.
Dover is awesome for a night race, its like a bigger Bristol, really any track is a good night race.

The excitement of The Chase is about to fizzle out for some fans...

Where drivers need to finish to advance to next round of Chase: #2-Brad Keselowski and #22-Joey Logano have each locked themselves into the Contender Round with victories in the first two Chase races. Below are the finishes each driver needs in Sunday's race at Dover to guarantee a spot in the Contender Round, regardless of the finish of any other driver, four drivers will fail to advance and twelve will advance:
#4-Kevin Harvick: 34th or better; or 35th and at least one lap led; or 36th and most laps led.
#48-Jimmie Johnson: 24th or better; or 25th and at least one lap led; or 26th and most laps led.
#18-Kyle Busch and #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.: 21st or better; 22nd and at least one lap led; or 23rd and most laps led.
#24-Jeff Gordon: 14th or better; 15th and at least one lap led; 16th and most laps led.
#20-Matt Kenseth and #99-Carl Edwards: 2nd; or 3rd and most laps led.
#47-AJ Allmendinger: 2nd.
#5-Kasey Kahne: 2nd and at least one lap led.
#31-Ryan Newman, #11-Denny Hamlin, #16-Greg Biffle, #41-Kurt Busch and #43-Aric Almirola only control their own destiny by winning Sunday at Dover.
Following Dover, the four winless championship-qualifying drivers lowest in points will be eliminated from title contention. The remaining 12 drivers will advance to The Contender Round and their points will be reset to 3,000 (no points for wins).(NASCAR)(9-25-2014)

The only stats I pay attention to is if Jeff Gordon wins, finishes 14th or better or finishes ahead of the four on the bottom of the points and he's in. I think he'll win, he's come close too many times.

how is kasey better off than newman with, ain't they tied in points...does the 1 win he got get to carry over into the next round.

The only stats I pay attention to is if Jeff Gordon wins, finishes 14th or better or finishes ahead of the four on the bottom of the points and he's in. I think he'll win, he's come close too many times.
He was crap here in the spring

Back
Top Bottom