Dover - AAA 400 - Pre Race Thread

ByZsN8TIIAApdWK.jpg:large

Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr 30m
I see foundations for light poles @MonsterMile. #NightRacing
I would love for this to happen, I would go to that for sure

He was crap here in the spring

Umm not quite. He was running decently if I recall. Top 5 I think.

Then good ol' Alan made one of his questionable calls to pit and Gordon really never recovered. He was running in the top 10 with like 20 or so to go before coming to pit road and being stuck in 15th.

Just because a driver runs around up front, doesn't mean he has something for the end. The last 40 50 laps are usually when everybody shows their hand.

The excitement of The Chase is about to fizzle out for some fans...

Where drivers need to finish to advance to next round of Chase: #2-Brad Keselowski and #22-Joey Logano have each locked themselves into the Contender Round with victories in the first two Chase races. Below are the finishes each driver needs in Sunday's race at Dover to guarantee a spot in the Contender Round, regardless of the finish of any other driver, four drivers will fail to advance and twelve will advance:
#4-Kevin Harvick: 34th or better; or 35th and at least one lap led; or 36th and most laps led.
#48-Jimmie Johnson: 24th or better; or 25th and at least one lap led; or 26th and most laps led.
#18-Kyle Busch and #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.: 21st or better; 22nd and at least one lap led; or 23rd and most laps led.
#24-Jeff Gordon: 14th or better; 15th and at least one lap led; 16th and most laps led.
#20-Matt Kenseth and #99-Carl Edwards: 2nd; or 3rd and most laps led.
#47-AJ Allmendinger: 2nd.
#5-Kasey Kahne: 2nd and at least one lap led.
#31-Ryan Newman, #11-Denny Hamlin, #16-Greg Biffle, #41-Kurt Busch and #43-Aric Almirola only control their own destiny by winning Sunday at Dover.
Following Dover, the four winless championship-qualifying drivers lowest in points will be eliminated from title contention. The remaining 12 drivers will advance to The Contender Round and their points will be reset to 3,000 (no points for wins).(
NASCAR)(9-25-2014)

There, I put it in perspective. Now I'll be watching for.....
The 2 and 4 beating and banging for the win.
or...
The 24 and 48 beating and banging for the win.
or
The 22 and 11 beating and banging for the win.
The 51 to get fenced by someone.
Kurt to lose his mind.
Someone to get roughed up and knocked out of the next round by a driver who advances.

What championship? There's so much else to watch, why bother with points?

I know there's another thread(s) on the whole Chase subject but man, this kinda stuff makes it exciting leading into this Dover race. The possibility of these drivers advancing or not adds a whole new element to watching these races for me. Especially these upcoming elimination races. Four of those throughout the Chase. The last being the ultimate elimination. I've moved way beyond comparing the champions of today to those of days gone by because of the new format in 2004. It's a new era. It could be my driver falling out after Sunday. Even if that's the case I'll still enjoy watching this season to its conclusion.

careful dp.....a few fellas on here may issue a nascar fatwa b/c of ya enthusiasm for new format ! ha!

never imagined this much excitement for 1st rd finale at dover..........but here we go !

beauty of this format is come monday .....12 remainin all start back equal at square 1 ......for 3 more races !
actually 2.......kansas / charlotte .....since ain't nobody gonna depend on good dega run in 3rd race.

excitement in tha chase .....finally ! :partytime

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26:

ON TRACK
-- 10-10:50 a.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 2-3:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 3:40 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)

GARAGECAM PRESENTED BY MOBIL 1 (Watch live)
-- 10:30 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GarageCam
-- 1:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series GarageCam

PRESS CONFERENCES (Follow live)
-- 9 a.m.: Joey Logano
-- 9:15 a.m.: Ben Rhodes
-- 9:30 a.m.: AJ Allmendinger
-- 9:45 a.m.: Jamie McMurray
-- 10 a.m.: Jimmie Johnson
-- 10:15 a.m.: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
-- 12:30 p.m.: Chase Elliott
-- 12:45 p.m.: Carl Edwards
-- 1 p.m.: Matt Kenseth
-- Approximately 4:45 p.m.: NSCS Post Qualifying Press Conference
-- Approximately 7 p.m: KNPSE Post Race Press Conference

Who's Ben Rhodes?
Louisville, Kentucky, native Ben Rhodes will enter the 2014 finale in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (NKNPSE) at Dover International Speedway (DE) on Friday, September 26th, with two new titles attached to his name. The 17-year-old NASCAR Next driver will drive the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Chevrolet.

Things aren't as the appear. President of Dover Speedway was on SiriusXM's The Morning Drive this morning and was asked about that pic. He said they have no plans on adding lights. The picture is of the supporting structure of new fencing that is to be installed after this season. Looks like it's still going to be two day races @ Dover.

Besides, the schedule has been announced. People plan vacations around these race dates and times. Don't think we'll see any more night races added until 2016.

Things aren't as the appear. President of Dover Speedway was on SiriusXM's The Morning Drive this morning and was asked about that pic. He said they have no plans on adding lights. The picture is of the supporting structure of new fencing that is to be installed after this season. Looks like it's still going to be two day races @ Dover.

Besides, the schedule has been announced. People plan vacations around these race dates and times. Don't think we'll see any more night races added until 2016.
Ah, rats. :(

@nascarcasm

"DOVER - 14 DRIVERS FIGHTING THEIR WAY TO THE NEXT ROUND OF THE CHASE. AND TWO ALREADY IN THE NEXT ROUND WHO DON'T REALLY GIVE A S--T."

It will be a 3-screen Sunday in my house this weekend. The race, Steelers and Pirates will all be broadcast at the same time. I've got some tv's to move.

RAB Racing is really going to waste and entry with Duno?

She's 12 mph under the slowest time of Morgan Shepard.:owquitit:

EDIT: Nationwide related.

@DaleJr

Folks at @MonsterMile tell me those aren't light poles but rather a new fence under construction. Not sure I'm convinced.

@CandiceSpencer

On the Chase, @DaleJr says "we're all going to be drinking Mylanta" before it's over.

@Hendrick88Team

@DaleJr on the Chase: "This has been intense. You feel (pressure) all week long. Its inescapable."

@DaleJr

Folks at @MonsterMile tell me those aren't light poles but rather a new fence under construction. Not sure I'm convinced.
JR can convince them to put them in I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom